A More Accurate Account of Coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by kamikazeheart, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Green_Mage Augur

That was funny, Agnarr hit and the forums were dead for a week.
  2. anonymoose New Member

it's monday, so you were unemployed ?
  3. Jerakor Journeyman

90% of the posts prior to Coirnav launch were "Make it FV Rules". 90% of the posts after launch are "This is garbage and the XP is trash". I don't play on Coirnav, but I can say that I'm surprised how little impact on Agnarr the launch has seen. I thought for sure that with the VT changes and Coirnav launch, Agnarr would be pretty dead for the next 6 weeks until PoP. Instead there were 8 picks of Velks going on a late Sunday night.

The XP bonus will fade, people will realize that Classic raids are trash, people will realize that the only camps in the game that drop items are going to be 24/7 farmed by krono farmers. When PoP launches on Agnarr, Coirnav will die and nothing about Kunark will help it recover. The timing and expansion plans for Coirnav are awful and it has next to no appeal to the broader player base.

I was hoping a TLP would come out after my guild killed Quarm on Agnarr that would make me want to play EQ longer but it looks like I'm just gonna hold out on Agnarr till I decide to not log in one week.
  4. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

A more accurate account of Coirnav

I logged in when servers came up. Went into ak'anon with all the other footballs. Got into a group and we started killing. All of us around 4-6. We had a kobold camp and were pulling things around us. Full group. As the kobolds turned blue people left which was understandable. We kept filling spots for an hour or so. I went from 4-5 in this time. I ended up having to log off due to RL. Came back later that night and I could solo the kobold camp since the only folks left in the noobie area were boxers and me. I said lfg and lfm in ooc every 5 minutes or so. After 30 minutes had passed a person boxing 4 characters rolled up on me and I didn't get another kill for the 10 more minutes I stuck around. I moved to the far kobold camp by the skeletons in the east part of the zone from the city. Sat there for about 10 minutes and a 6 boxer came over and I was relegated to pulling dark blue mobs for 1-2% xp per kill. I was level 6 by this time. I logged for the evening to get to bed.

Came back the next day and boxers at every kobold camp so I started killing blues again and some yellows as well when I could find em. Saw myself getting 1-2% xp per kill. Logged off and haven't been back online since.

There's the other side of the coin for ya. No hate or malice from me. The xp is too low. If it was a bit higher i'd keep slogging through it. Since it is so low I said well, I can sit here and slog through it and hope for the best before the 2 week xp runs out, because there is no way in hell i'm leveling without the bonus xp going, or I can just cut my losses now and focus on other games.
  5. Kahna Augur

So, you hung out in your unpopular newbie zone and didn't get groups. No one stays in Gnomeville past 2 or 3 anymore. Go two zones over to Gfay and see if you are still having problems. Solo exp is hell, group exp is fine.
  6. Roxxlyy Augur

The thing about video games, especially MMOs, is that every single player is going to have a different experience when they log in for a session, and every single player is going to have different things that they like and dislike.

Don't get me wrong, though - there have absolutely been takeaways from Coirnav, and we have taken in a lot of feedback with this Progression Server launch. But players will always have some dissenting opinions.
    Critt, Wazzat, Umul and 1 other person like this.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Here is another take on accuracy..... based purely on my observed potential trading volume of krono

First four days of each of the following tlp servers. These are just observed from my trader network
    • Phinigel
      • 245 unique krono buyers
      • 501 unique krono sellers
    • Agnarr
      • 301 unique krono buyers
      • 671 unique krono sellers
    • Corinav
      • 184 unique krono buyers (not quite done on the 4th day)
      • 161 unique krono sellers (not quite done on the 4th day)
    Just some random observations from one trader. :D
  8. Hateseeker Augur

Not every game has been rehashed as many times as EverQuest has been; there are very few communities you can point to as precedents, and I doubt they use the TLP mechanic. Personally I'm done until there's something that maybe we can call Last Time Around Server that's got open trade, 500% base experience modifier, and 6 week expansion unlocks with LDON and LoY automatically unlocking with PoP.

It might even be popular enough that it wouldn't really be the last time around. Kind of like how a TV show might change it up thinking that it only has one season left, causing ratings to increase, and getting a couple more seasons ordered by surprise.
  9. TheRealAtabishi Journeyman

Do a level progression server instead of an expansion one. Would be the most popular and competitive by far. Would be fun to see guilds trying to do server first raid content with max lvl 35's or 40's in the first month or two.
  10. Adadglgmut New Member

I’m gonna head back over to Agnarr. EXP is just too slow for me. Good luck to everyone who enjoys it!
    Lantherion likes this.
  11. Machentoo Augur

Thanks, this is really interesting stuff. I would not have expected more krono sellers than buyers on Agnarr. Coirnav looks about like what I'd expect on a new TLP these days.
  12. Barton The Mischievous

Exp does "seem" slow even compared to original Phinnie , Or I am way out of practice .. It is not Horrible but it does "seem" slower for some reason.
  13. Umul Augur

Would you be at liberty to share some of those takeaways, if even vague terms?

Also make the server you need to make, AoC’s with no truebox, just do it
  14. Rovell Elder

Thumbs up from this gamer so far. Other than a frustrating first 45 minutes to an hour on launch, everything else has been smooth. Enjoying reliving the content after nearly 2.5 years since the last time on Phinny. Exp isn't bad, people just have unrealistic expectations nowadays imo in this instant gratification society.
    Critt and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  15. Horathmir Elder

"Groundhog Day Server" ruleset was a mistake, and the proof is the fact this this is probably one of the lowest populated opening TLP's in a very. very long time. They should have listened to the hundreds of players posting how big of a mistake this was and changed the server idea before it was launched. There money trap failed this time.
  16. Karbon New Member

Ok, i'll bite. Jump out of your premade guild group and make a new character and start levelling. Get back to me when you are level 45. Thanks and have a nice day!
  17. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

I've played long enough and on enough TLPs to be able to see whats going on before I get very far. Your response of "go from one noob zone to another noob zone" is drivel.
  18. Rovell Elder

[IMG]
    Kattria Minx, Critt and Morbid like this.
  19. Polekn Augur

Seemed slower to me too, then I looked at experience per kill and realized it was two times faster on Coirnav. On Phinny I had fun and was not watching exp bar. Experience felt OK to me there. Here I was looking at exp bar after every mob. After a couple of hours I realized I was not looking forward to high level classic/kunark/velious game and went back to Phinny thus ending my Coirnav adventure.
  20. Sillyfish Elder

I do not have a guild, and the only 'friends' I have on Coirnav are the people I have played with and added along the way.

My druid is now level 16 and I expect to be 18 tonight after I get home from work and play for a few hours.

Leveling areas are packed. It was not possible to get into MR in Unrest, nor was it possible to find a decent unclaimed area of the beach in South Ro crocs.

I have had no bad experiences with multiboxers so far. I have had lots of fun over the weekend and I am looking forward to this coming weekend when I will be able to sink more than a few hours a night into the game. I hope to be 30 by next Monday.