Alternative 300 - 350 Tradeskill Guides

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by AlmarsGuides, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

They’re pretty bad to farm just with the random nature of things. I had goodish luck for the lower ones in dranik’s scar and harbingers, and higher ones in mpg or rss. Best to farm other things (like flames/ices, lightning cores, essences of discord etc) and hope to get some gems at the same time.

And at least with the new RoS recipes you can get away with doing less OoW gem recipes than before, eh?
  2. Aurastrider Augur

I do know some quest items count. There are the ones used in the shawl 2.o line that count for example. Some quest items don't count. I think for most things if it's class specific it does not count (most being the key here as some are listed as counting) and a lot of general quest items do count but not all.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

Take an extra toon to harbingers spire as soon as possible. I have had one there for a week just clearing the lower level while I farm pop, god and velius for tailoring. I have managed about 40 augs in this time multitasking. I have to change zones now since I have all the types that drop there but it's a great starting point
  4. AlmarsGuides Augur

I am taking this advice into consideration and I added a few more items to the bazaarables section that I doubt people will ever find for sale in the baz, but likely to get from running a barter

Brells Bounty
    Cosgrove Powder
    Extruded Underfoot Diamond
    Scale Ore
    Raw Faycite Crystals

I am going to add Spider Silk and Spiderling Silk to the list too but those two items will take awhile since they have hundreds of subcombines.

Right now I am working on Vendorables for Pottery and will probably stick to recipes sold by vendors for the next week or so. I thought I would have gotten bored by now and wanted to work on a different guide but I still feel pretty motivated to keep pumping out more of the Tradeskill Guides
  5. Aurastrider Augur

I have bought thousands of everything you have listed and tens of thousands of some (I literally was preparing to get every race to 300 with maxed trophy so I was stocking up).

If you have not already mentioned for spiderling silk farming the best place imo is CR. I can get 100 in about 5 minutes there due to the super fast respawn times of mobs in that zone. I have yet to find a better place to get them. The same goes if someone needs eggs for baking the drakes there are a hotbed for eggs and really any tradeskill mat that drops there that someone might need. Just tell people to respect anyone who might be there for experience. There is nothing worse than a level 100+ toon rolling in and out dpsing a newbie because dps wins.
    AlmarsGuides likes this.
  6. AlmarsGuides Augur

For Eggs I have two locations, Basilisks in Lavastorm have one of the highest drop ratios to Egg batter/egg that I know. Alternatively if you wanna be super lazy about it you can also Forage Temple of Veeshan. Drake Eggs and Wurm Eggs can be foraged out of ToV as well as Dragon Egg which is used for different recipes as well as Baking.

I could add Eggs to The Bazaarble section too, I just don't know which type I would add. If you think of any other items that I could add to that section, stuff you setup a barter and have purchased before or even stuff you see on your server for sale, by all means let me know.
  7. Gana Augur

Best eggs I have found were from Jaggedpine Forest from the cave basilisk genitors.
    AlmarsGuides likes this.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

I start my 6 12 hour work night stretch again tonight so won't be in game for a week but will try to go off memory for any suggestions. As far as eggs go pretty much any would work. I will have to test the zones you guys suggested vs CR. I use to do the steepes to farm them since there are basalisks and drakes but it's hard to beat the roughly 1 minute respawn rate of CR and if it's set as ones home city it's only an origin click away so no travel required.
  9. AlmarsGuides Augur

Added the following pages to my Baking Guide:

Lion Meat (3 Recipes)
    Bear Meat (4 Recipes)
    Rat Meat (2 Recipes)
    Gator Meat (2 Recipes)
    Snake Meat (3 Recipes)

Also I think I am going to take that much needed break from working on the Tradeskill Guides about now. It took me all day to do those 5 pages just cause there's so much minor stuff to check/cross check/add info about. I need to research more and experiment before I keep writing more on the Tradeskill Guides.

I'll probably work on raising Tradeskills myself and finding recipes that aren't used that Adetia and I might have missed in our lists. Also going to go back and work more on quests like I was doing before I went on my Tradeskills binge.
  10. AlmarsGuides Augur

I added a few dozen Pottery Guides to the 300 - 350 Pottery List (Unfired Poison Vials and the like) along with a few other updates here and there. Silk Swatch page for the Classic Guides and some other pages for ingredients you have to farm -- like Grizzly Bear Pelts.

This last week I decided that instead of working directly on my 350 Tradeskill Guides that I should instead work on my 1 - 300 guides and add recipes/guides as I complete them to the 350 TS guides. This way it'll save time having to constantly repeat the same work over and over.

Anywhoozer if anyone cares I am going to be finishing my 1 - 300 TS guides for all the 'main' Tradeskills that aren't Race or Class specific (except Research) within a few weeks. That will include Tradeskill Guides for every major expansion - I am almost done already honestly.... I am mostly working on the finishing touches now (Brewing/Baking still need some polishing but I finished most of the others).
  11. Mannhec Lorekeeper

RE:
    I have to agree JaggedPine, every Genitor drops 1-4 ergs and re spawn is good.
  12. Mannhec Lorekeeper

Now time to whine. I have played this as a single main Shaman since '99. being a Shaman I have always been a trade skiller, maxed all my skills and trophy's as early as I could. Made most recipes as they came out to see if they were cool or not. Now this crazy thing requiring like 98% of all recipes learned is asinine. I have only done Alchemy and Baking, working on Smiting. I am already so burned out I am telling guilds and friends that no, I will not make them potions or stat food, go buy 'em. It truly was either a knee jerk on DBG or just over compensation.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

I would suggest saving smithing for last. It is probably the most brutal of all of the skills to max. My personal order for the base skills and fishing is as follows: fishing, fletching, pottery, brewing, JC, baking, tailoring, and smithing.

Everyone will have a slightly different opinion based on recipes already learned and supplies on hand but for me this is how I would rank them.

Also keep in mind being a shaman you have an advantage over most classes/races. Being able to do alchemy will allow you to skip some of the more tedious combines in other trade skills if your main objective is to just get your artisans prize fully evolved. Now if you want to be maxed in all of them you still have to go through the same struggles as everyone else. Also keep in mind ROS combines count so this will also limit some of the horrible farming if you choose to replace the more tedious combines with ROS combines. Overall you have a significant advantage over a lot of toons. I would suggest focusing on fishing for a much needed boost in confidence and a feeling of achievement. I have been at it for about 6 months now so I feel your pain. Take a break for the anniversary stuff like me and forget about it for a little bit so you don't burn yourself out.
  14. Leigo You come here often?

Sunderock springs just to the right of zone in. Whole bunch of basilisks that drop loads of eggs.
  15. AlmarsGuides Augur

There's a buttload of drakes right up on the hilltop nearby those basilisks too! They drop Shimmering Drake Dust which is used in creating an ingredient that's for Artisan's Prize. The Basilisks drop Basilisk Scales too, another ingredient that's used in Artisan's Prize.

I'll probably add all of these farming locations to my website in a few weeks. I'm interested in checking the Jaggedpine farming location out since I never knew about it and know jack crap about that whole zone.

Also adding these locations will go hand in hand with what I have been doing with my Tradeskill guides. I've already been kind of doing something similar for materials that need to be farmed for Tradeskills, I've just been working on Classic EQ though for the TLPers and not my 350 guides.

An example: http://www.almarsguides.com/eq/Tradeskills/Tailoring/Classic/Farming/ThickGrizzlyBearSkin.cfm
  16. AlmarsGuides Augur

Haven't updated this in awhile so... Added a couple dozen Tailoring Recipes to the Farming Section:

Arctic Wyvern Hide Gear (12 Recipes)
    Black Panther Skin Gear (12 Recipes)
    Haze Panther Skin Gear (12 Recipes)
    Holgresh Fur Gear (3 Recipes)
    Ice Silk Gear (12 Recipes)
    Othmir Fur Gear (3 Recipes)
    Tigeraptor Gear (12 Recipes)
    Velium Hound Fur Gear (3 Recipes)

I think that's every set of armor you can make in Velious except Cobalt Drake Hides which I am working on guides for now. I'll do Planes of Power or LDoN armor sets next after I finish up with some other guides.
  17. Viper1 Augur

Almar is treasure of the eq community. Thank you for the guides.
  18. SheenaTerese New Member

Thank you for the time posting this, I'm going to look into this and hopefully get to 350.
  19. Laedyinya New Member

I can confirm that you can reach 350 JC without having to do any of the OOW rare combines if you don't mind farming some of the quest/no-drop goodies and do the conflag combines. Didn't use a single one :)
  20. Aurastrider Augur

Its funny you also missed the cobalt drake hides. I just started burning through all the crap I had farmed for tailoring and for some reason I overlooked the cobalt armor. There are only 4 drakes in cobalt (or at least from what I can tell on track) and would be best farmed with the arctic wyvern hides and Othmir fur gear. Keep up the good work man.