What happened to the potion belt ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Ironnuts Journeyman

You have become better at potion belt posting (294)
  2. Zamiam Augur

pls someone lock this thread
  3. Funk Augur

I guess you can slide it halfway off screen and adjust exactly how many slots you want visible that way also. Still not happy but have made it work...but having to do it on every character, ouch!
    [IMG]
  4. Moege Augur

We do have the ability to save hotbutton sets, maybe worthwhile seeing if it actually saves the social with it. Never tried it myself...

e.g.
    1. make social
    2. put on hotbar
    3. save hotbar
    4. edit social
    5. reload hostbar saved
    6. check if social was changed.
  5. Nolrog Augur

Now you can do the same thing with a hot bar. Plus, you can reshape and resize the hot bar so that it's about the size of the old potion belt. That's much more useful than a 4 slot potion belt.
  6. feeltheburn Augur

I dont know what all of you are complaining about. the potion belt was clearly an exploit. It was causing players NOT to have to use another hot bar or have to open a bag to click something, clearly detrimental to the game.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I logged in the wizzy, I noticed the first thing I did was look at a missing potion belt, I guess over the last however many years I have got in the habit of looking at it when I log in to check potion levels. Old habits die hard.

Until they make hot bars work the same as the potion belt, the best thing for me is to use a bag the same as someone else posted they did anyway. it won't show how many of a potion I have but during raids just being able to drop a mod rod straight back in where it should be will be a godsend.

As for the beastlord she doesn't bother with the potion belt, never has but then she has a combat window to play with instead. :)
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If we keep on long enough we may get an answer......maybe not, but while the playerbase is upset they will continue to show their feelings on the matter.

An answer a week ago may have done something to pacify the player base.
  9. Zamiam Augur

dont know why you slide half off the screen ? you know the hotbars can be re-sized so you have 6 slots on top and 6 on bottom and you can adjust button size also so can make it the same size as the potion belt ..
  10. Zamiam Augur

enough with the multiple threads on same topic .. LOCKED
  11. Thraine Augur

i want my baby back, baby back, baby back
  12. Roxxlyy Augur

The potion belt was removed, and a new hotbar was added, to provide an answer to where it "went."
  13. Dart Lorekeeper

Well no... It went bye bye, its not like code required the potion belt being removed in order to add the Hotbar 11... It is not zero sum. It was taken away. At the same time it was taken away, for some reason an 11th hotbar was added. The two are not related. And so it was taken away, it didn't magically transform from the potion belt into a new hotbar.
    Geroblue and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  14. eqgamer Augur

I don’t get it. She said it was removed. Isn’t that same as “it went bye bye” or nah?
    Daedly likes this.
  15. Eanelder Augur

Dart likes this.
  16. Dart Lorekeeper

See below...

She said that is where it "Went". It didn't get transformed or replaced, it went away, and the crumb that was thrown to us at the same time (but unrelated) is the 11th Hotbar.

My point is, that this is confusing people, and I've had to explain over and over on my server... It is not zero sum, saying that it went from being a Potion Belt to an 11th Hotbar is incorrect and misleading. Removing one was not necessary for adding the other.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

18. segap Augur

The two certainly are related. They decided to remove something for some unknown, secretive reason and believed that the extra hotbar would be an acceptable replacement/compensation. They probably figured we'd love the extra 7 slots. How wrong they were....

I'd happily trade you hotbars 11, 10 and 9 to get back the potion belt.
    Fanra likes this.
  19. Slippry Augur

WHY WAS IT WAS REMOVED?

We lost a bunch of functionality for no gain, and without any reasoning for why.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Fanra like this.
  20. Dart Lorekeeper

The only relation/correlation between the two is the one they created, we're taking away your chocolate chip cookie, and here's some sawdust to chew on... Taking away the chocolate chip cookie is not dependent on you getting sawdust, or vice versa. They are spinning it as if one is contingent, related, correlated to the other. They aren't other than the misleading representation. You could even argue that the hotbar is related to the potion belt, due to them being motivated to give it to us based on taking potion belt away... but it doesn't work vice versa.

Me too...
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Fanra like this.