VP Faction instant kos

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gatts, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatts Journeyman

I was camped out in vp, logged back in after patch today, and figured I'd see what the faction hits were now. So I took out 1 apprehensive named, -500 points resulting in threatening kos. Faction hits are nasty in vp now. After becoming kos from the single named kill, I figured might as well kill a regular mob, but those are -100 points now.

The patch notes said the hits would be heavy but wtf.... I'd pop a no faction potion instead of having to go through that zone kos... too late after -500.
    Potion is the current best option, while I'd go through it kos if I had to and never go back to that zone again after finishing progression content. That is, except for repetitive raids and group mission. KoS and going through vp to get to stuff.. I think I'd rather corpse drag or something else, like another zone.
    All that progression and got to a zone I don't care to be in or keep around in its current state. At least the quest items are sort of neat.

Raiding, I'd likely be kos if I didn't do something to improve my faction. Although, before there were options like mistmoore and high hold before patch change, so that was nice. Is there anywhere the new faction can be improved?
  2. segap Augur

The last zone in an expansion should be the hardest. Not some cake-walk candy land. Especially one that uses the legacy of VP. It should never have been possible to have good faction there in the first place.

The only problem I have with this change is that it took so long to correct. The people that least needed easy mode got it for 3 months (also add in fast re-spawn named with chances for 2 power sources) while the more casual groupers that are just getting there or who will in the coming months get the proper zone. It does create a fairness unbalance.
    Annastasya, Genoane and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I can easily see mage bots being used to CoTH groups around in there, or Rogues corpse dragging. There's still ways around clearing, it just won't be as prevalent as it was.
  4. Gatts Journeyman

I agree, should also have rewarding loot. VP loot is super lame, almost all the same items as non keyed zones with an almost exception of rare ac items that can also be got in balance of power group mission from chest (so far only seen ring from BoP chest, maybe others seen some too?).
    Weapons from quests are only real nice thing about getting to vp. Other than that you get a upgrade on earring for finishing quests, same vp quest stuff like other zones, and another zone with high aggro range with see invis in close quarter zone. While for all that hassle of going through vp, you're still wearing same t2 visibles and most of the same nonvisibles that non keyed zones can offer.

End zone should be awesome, especially if it took work to access. VP in RoS expansion has always been lackluster rewardwise, quest weapons/charm added after expansion release kinda make up for it slightly.... that's about it now that change inevitably keeps you kos. The nice boss farm that used to be was the only real long term benefit of vp, now with being kos that's not as easy and not worth it anymore as the other zones that still got the same gear I wanted. Only really cared for bonus ac items on tank, all my other chars I wanted highest dps/heal stats.
  5. Gatts Journeyman

Ya, can easily move around the zone with various methods. But the zone isn't that great overall for something that took access to get to and after this I'm just finishing off basilisk boss for hunter.

I don't see anything long term benfitwise to keep me in vp. Should've completely had another tier of gear that dropped (with or without high ac non visible pieces), then this zone would've been great.
  6. Cicelee Augur

How much is this no faction potion? I failed to read up on Crests earring quest and did not realize I had to kill a couple mobs in VP. So to preserve non KOS I want to use one when I get to that point.

Unless I am going to be getting faction hits from VP raids. In which case.... ewww.
  7. Ninelder Augur

You forgot they also increased the spawn time between the "hourly" named so its even more of a drag to try and camp them. While these changes do not effect my toons, they are a kick in the face to every jonny-come-lately; as well as to anyone who gets suckered into trying to help them.

What would of been better, to anyone of any sense, is if you had released VP in super hard mode for those of us that would of still busted butt and got it done, then made it easier. This backwards approach just punishes people with lives, returning players, and the more casual crowd. Was it your intent to alienate them further?
    Zhaunil_AB and Lily like this.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm actually grateful I've been busy outside of EQ and haven't grouped at all in VP. I expect that zone to be particularly difficult and now I can't cheat myself from that by laying waste to Mistmoore or murdering poor, unsuspecting grey cons in High Hold Pass.
    Annastasya and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  9. segap Augur

The sad thing is, the people that were doing the mindless factioning were likely spending more time on faction than it would have taken to just kill their way through VP. Unless of course, they were doing it afk.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Khat_Nip Meow

300 normally, 270 as All Access.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

I assume you will. Most other raids seemed to affect faction.
  12. Gatts Journeyman

Took me about 6-7 hours to do on 6 characters, 2 of which were recently added and had no previous interaction on ring of scale faction.
    I spent a week, at least, actively playing in vp since 12/18/17.

Wouldn't mind farming bosses some more, but being kos doesn't make it worthwhile for me. Then the additional recent loot/spawn nerfs to them also rather killed the only reasons I farmed them so much (power sources, spells, and bags mostly).
    As many times as I have gone to vp, if I had to clear through it then I'd only have gone to vp for bare minimum of character improvements. Which are achievements, quest weapons/earring, and maybe 1 set of high ac non-visibles for my tank. Otherwise, can get setup in other zones and not really need vp at all.

The faction farm time is by far significantly less, especially since it can take awhile to clear through vp. I'd say 30-90 min depending on group's ability/gear/etc. Maybe multiple hours if wipes. Aggro range is wide so you'll deal with lots of mobs.
  13. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

thats what they wanted. more people to spend money on potion faction pots.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Every time someone posts that lie about our motives in a thread about this I'm locking it.

Segap has the actual motive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.