EverQuest's 20th Anniversary Fan Faire

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dexar, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Dexar Elder

I've been to many of these in the past including the last one we had several years ago. (2014?) Anyway, I think it would be great to have one for Everquest's 20th anniversary next year. I'm bringing it up now since I think it would take about a year to make it happen. :)

What do you say DBG? Make it so! :)
    Roxxlyy likes this.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

I am curious how the attendance of these events were (rough numbers) in the end compared to the first couple they ran. If there was enough interest from the player base and the company setup a prefund requirement for the event with a minimum target number for it to be worthwhile I don't see why something like this could not be feasible. If not enough people pay in advance everyone gets a refund and it does not happen but if enough people pay for the event ahead of time there is really no down side for them.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It's never going to happen again.
  4. Imak Augur

FanFaire was discontinued because it was a money loser. Several years after being discontinued, it would, now, be a bigger money loser than it ever was. Not happenin.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

Its doubtful it will ever happen but the way I see it is some people don't realize how much they care about something until its gone. If they planned the event, figured out the costs and then set a price per head with a minimum target goal to cover costs and make a profit (people must pay by xx date before they book the event and lose money) I don't see why it would not be reasonable outside of the fact that they would have to have someone in the office do the planning which might be an actual issue with the limited staff they have on hand. Honestly I have seen them do crazier things in this game. Unlikely yes but impossible no.
  6. Vanrau Augur

Some people tried to organize their own fanfaire a few years ago but there was very little interest in it. Not many people were willing to donate the money I assume to cover the costs of running it.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

Maybe should think about Fan gathering at other cons till it gets so big that they spit off to make a new EQ1 con.

Some day I will go.
    https://visitsandiego.com/events/18-month
    I think 2019 Comic Con might be 7/18/19 to 7/21/19
    Open to Public YES
    San Diego Comic-Con 2018 7/19/18 to 7/22/18 Convention with Trade Show 135,000 Yes
    Private Convention with Trade Show 7/18/19 to 7/21/19 Convention with Trade Show 135,000
    Yes
    Roxxlyy likes this.