Question on Hstats

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ptah, Mar 8, 2018.

1. ptah Augur

So I feel I truthfully don't understand what Hstats really do. I read stack this stack that.. focus on this.. no no focus on that. The harder I think about it.. the more I like the balance all around no fluff ones.. but never see anyone claim that is solid.

Would be interested in both baseline thought for these augs based one RoS t2 group and EoK/RoS raid gears.

Class example would be neat as well. Google could show basically the same info.. but I feel a threat creates a chance to share with others.. and maybe where is another rock on the shoreline of EQ that can use some more sunshine of knowledge.
  2. AlmarsGuides Augur

Here's all the information I have about Heroic Stats on my website: http://www.almarsguides.com/eq/gettingstarted/HeroicStats/

Balancing out all your heroics wouldn't be efficient but it's also not that efficient stacking all one Heroic stat.

Best strategy imo is to find like 3 of the most useful ones to your class and your playstyle and focus on those.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

As a wizard I focus on Hint, Hagi and Hsta, with the "sweet-spots" determined by the mod2-values, like avoidance spell/dot-shielding and melee shielding.
    To give an example, here is my target for this expansion:

Hint = 1600
    Hagi = 1200
    Hsta = 1200

Not sure if it is realistic for me though.
  4. Tucoh Augur

I stack hDex on my melee (crit chance + avoidance) and hSta (for pure HP) on everyone else.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Tiggold Augur

I stack HDex on my melee characters but on my Berserker I think I will be switching some of those to HStr since as far as I know I've hit the crit chance cap when buffed and I'm well over it now.
  6. svann Augur

7. p2aa Augur

I don't know for priests and casters DPS. But for :
    Melee DPS : go full Hdex, all type 5 augs Hdex favored
    Tanks :
    Group content :HDex > Hsta > Hagi, all type 5 augs Hdex favored
    Raid content : Hsta > Hagi > Hdex, all type 5 augs Hsta favored
  8. fransisco Augur

casters don't have a heroic stat to increase their dps.
    Their options are:
    1. hsta (small hp gains)
    2. hint/hwis (mana pool size change)
  9. Atank New Member

Can anyone tell me at what point the soft cap takes affect. I hear it is 1,000, this is when you start to gain very minimal advantages. When you reach 1,000, is it best to start to raise the next HStat?

Thanks in advance!
  10. Tucoh Augur

For tanking there isn't a soft-cap in stats, in fact it's the opposite and there is a soft-threshold you have to cross before the stats really help. Each mob has a secret level of Strike Through that enables them to bypass your dodge/parry/riposte checks, and only when you stack enough agi (dodge) or parry/riposte(dex) can you start to really up your chances of dodging/parrying/riposting.

That's why p2aa says that raid tanks will sometimes stack sta, because they believe raid mob strikethrough is so high that even if they stack dex/agi, they won't get it high enough. I don't know that all raid tanks believe this, but when I raided I stacked sta but most didn't.

for posterity:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...heroic-stat-for-tanking-in-group-game.237486/
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Tiggold Augur

For crit chance I think it's 3000 Dex total to reach 100%, not positive on that number tbh though.
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

HWis/Int focused Type 5 Augments should include Heal Amount/Spell Damage so it can contribute to DPS or Heal gains, albeit in an extremely minor way.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tucoh like this.
  13. fransisco Augur

Indeed.

In truth, casters/healers simply need a way to impact thier character through stats the same way melee can with hdex/hstr
  14. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Be more specific with your questions and you will receive more specific answers.

As a raid Pally, I stacked a decent amount of AGI and now I am going to finish out type 5’s with STA. With the way AE’s on raids are today every hp counts. As I move up in hSTA my hAGI will lower but adlong as I maintain anything above 1550 I should be alright.
  15. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

This is basically my way of handling them as well. As a Shaman I stack Hsta the most, I stacked Hwis to break the 1200 mark for the additional Spell/DoT shielding and I try to keep Agi respectable as well for avoidance. Currently I have Hsta over 1700 and both Wis and Agi over 1200. This provides a well rounded set of Mod 2's. With the new type 5's from RoS your goal should be achievable even with out raid gear, although I haven't really payed close attention to the Group heroics so I could be wrong. Wizards and Mages I think tend to stack Hint over Hsta, while Necros and possibly chanters stack HSta. Tanks Usually stack Hsta and melee usually Hdex.
  16. ptah Augur

Wow thank you all for the feed back.. am I'm happy I think I understand what I think I understand.
    And this could be more of a focus on what to grind on FF and goro gems to the vender augs. And to see if a focus stack is all hype or holds some water.

Toons in questions are as follows
    mages three of them
    clr more than 3 less then 7
    warr
    bard
    chanter x2
    bst boy.. x2
    nec
    shaman
    zerkerx3
    pally named sally and never logs in
    monkx2
    wussy power rangerx2
    and a few box wizzys..

they are the matrix of fellowship options on grouping for and with private grouping. They is 62% of higher attendance on calendar called xp sessions that I cant figure out how to use google calendar and paste over eq calendar for fellowship viewings and notes. Cross matching log times to assign session for greatest return of time to stinky cheeez rewards.

Thanks again my goal is to support my fellowship of heros and their goals to adventure and share fun times with best chance to pawn the gnowes of the league of shadows.. aka mobs in current content etc

adventure well
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Is there a link or resource somewhere which explains where these cutoffs are? I've seen almar's guide, which is very helpful, but it doesn't mention anything about significant cutoffs for the various stats.

As a Druid, I'm after H-STA and H-WIS, and then it sounds like I should stack some H-AGI. So, do I do just one (like STA) til it hits 1200, and then move to WIS, or do both at the same time? And then, my guess is, I wouldn't worry about AGI until both STA and WIS are at 1200. Does that sound right?

Or, are there other significant cutoffs at lower values, which can be waypoints on the way?
  18. CrazyLarth Augur

19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Look at your stat-pane, and hover the mouse over the mod2's, a tooltip should tell the next "cutoff value".

Official explanation

What order to raise the Hstats in, depends largely on what options you have I guess.
    ptah likes this.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks, that was quite helpful :)