Test Update 03/06/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 5, 2018.

1. kizant Augur

Make some of these potions stack to 100 maybe? I don't really care too much about the potion belt change tbh.
  2. Horyuken Augur

Prathun that was funny :)
    Prathun likes this.
  3. Fohpo Augur

I was more joking, but I understand where you're coming from - unfortunately as far as I can remember, they have never released ZEM data that specific.
  4. Sancus Augur

Did you read what I wrote? Server merges aren't magically going to make a 70% attendance player a 100% attendance player or make guilds change their schedules so they raid lockouts. Again, forced key progression has nothing to do with the content or its difficulty.

RoI/Triton/CT/MS raided lockouts. RoV just beat T3 within the last week, and while they didn't raid exact lockouts (at least not Saturdays), they didn't exactly stick the standard Sunday/Monday farm schedule either. Again, most guilds outside the top 5 do not adjust their schedules much for progression. That means they are likely completing one tier (one round of keying) every week. Adding in some time to beat raids and for imperfect attendance and it's no surprise they aren't in VP yet. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the content, and there will be quite a few more expansion wins in the coming weeks.

You're welcome to push for server mergers, but go find better reasoning.
    Smokezz, Brohg and fransisco like this.
  5. AlmarsGuides Augur

I'm not sure if they ever have or not either but I have seen ZEM information listed on Allakhazam and the P99 wiki before. Maybe it's just speculation on those two website? Not really sure but both lists can be found quite easily by googling about EQ ZEM info
  6. Fohpo Augur

I'm relatively sure everything on P99 is like most of the WoW private servers, just best guesses made by the staff that develop it. I'd assume Allakhazam was the same but can't definitively say either way.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

LOL
    Ok so not Sky, Hate and The Hole :)
    Prathun likes this.
  8. Horathmir Elder

Sadly Google failed me and I could not find it in Elvish, Orcish, Dwarven, Gnomish, or Goblinish
    Prathun likes this.
  9. snailish Augur

Maybe it was being abused in some way and/or deemed redundant with click-from-hotbars?

Not saying I agree with the change, just saying they may have reasons for bothering.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

quote="Ghubuk, post: 3639088, member: 1726"]So for those of that worked on raising faction for VP (Ring of Scale), will we now lose our good faction? And will there be a way to raise faction with the new VP?[/quote]

this does not affect the faction that existed before this patch. (the VP faction in the "old" kunark)
    everyone will start the same with the new faction. It is a one-way faction. I.E. you will become KoS and stay KoS.
    Ceder the Fish Monger - was still in progress at the time of the test patch
    A Formal Dinner Party -> Cleared the whole zone and only got 4 proofs out of 5... Its a very hardcore mission... - There are 5... your not looking for the 5th in the correct place :)
    I'll add this to my list. No ETA.
  11. Kahna Augur

Well, it’s that or you just wait for Coirnav to go live. It won’t take long for people to figure out the “best” zone, if there even is a best anymore.

Seems like they kinda don’t want you writing a guide that tells everyone the best leveling path right off the bat. I mean, they don’t have anything against you, or what you do, personally, I’m sure. They did make it pretty clear that the goal is to spread people out, and not telling does encourage folks to explore and test, where as telling would just end up with concentrations in the new “best” areas.
  12. phaeril Augur

It used to come across the wire in zone packets, that's where those lists come from. They stopped doing that so long ago that the lists are essentially meaningless (p99 probably accurately describes p99) now days. You don't have to do it for every zone for every level if the tweak is zone wide like the old ZEMs were (supposedly) applied. There are not that many zones, the real trick for me was finding enough toons i had in each area range that I could find anything with XP. I didn't hit all of the zones, but I got a decent sample size of zones I care about (around 15) in a couple hours.

A quick script to parse my log files and pull a list of stuff i killed between levels if no zoning took place also yielded a great deal of data on about 5 zones, lol. I'm going to be doing another couple hours of data collecting tonight and I should have a satisfactory baseline to compare against.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to it. Tediously collecting data and analyzing it is the best... just think of the charts you can make!
    Yinla and Boze like this.
  13. Sindaiann Augur

A Formal Dinner Party - confirmed what Nrgeth eluded to above. Completed it today and only provided alt currency and exp.

Is that intended or loot reward implemented later?
  14. strongbus Augur

why 1 way faction how come we can't do something to rise it?
    Angahran likes this.
  15. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Changes to RoS Veeshan's Peak faction means that you also need to evaluate aggro and assist ranges in this zone. Being KoS in VP is asking to get overwhelemed. I helped a few KoS people with progression in the zone, but it had to be done via corpse-dragging and pre-clearing unless your group could handle 20 mobs.
    Lorai and EnchFWO like this.
  16. EnchFWO Augur

Why even bother with adding a faction that is one way that basically takes <10 mobs to max KOS (or less on named I'm guessing)?

Might as well just make it an even playing field or you solved nothing thanks to faction box alts. None of the special named require killing any trash if you are smart about your COTHing so people will still cherrypick even if their mains are KOS.

Adding a way to faction back, even if it's insanely hard/annoying, would at least make some (logical?) sense.

^Also this.
    Lorai likes this.
  17. Hapth New Member

I see the Atlas/Map button still wasn't fixed. Hate using backspace.
  18. Brohg Augur

Ah - hm. So here I am having completed Savior and Hunter (and all the assists for guildmates & such) without ever having positive faction in VP. Not on my main or any of the three alts I dragged through with me. Never not KoS to every single mob in zone besides Ingisitorma Calcesa. Wondering where the heck you found 20 mobs to pull unless it was an on-purpose stunt…
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

this does not affect the faction that existed before this patch. (the VP faction in the "old" kunark)

everyone will start the same with the new faction. It is a one-way faction. I.E. you will become KoS and stay KoS.

[/quote]

Looks like I have a week to get my final named and then never go back. :)
    Lorai likes this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any chance of getting some more social keys?
    Just realised I use the action window as a hot bar more than the hotbars themselves other than the first hot bar