Test Update 03/06/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 5, 2018.

1. phaeril Augur

I'm sure they made guk steal XP per kill and cranked the ZEM on lake rathe up to a million! /s

What would be great is a little normalization such that your premise of "dungeons will retain a slight ZEM bonus over open world zones" is more generally true. When you start comparing najena to lavastorm, befallen to south ro, qeynos catacombs to nektulos, commonlands, or north ro; you see that there is a pattern of dungeons not always being unless you are talking about the golden XP Racer path.

I for one hope the changes are drastic and insane (and also that they don't tell anyone) so the people that consider themselves "efficient players" for knowing that "guk is gud" will have to include thought process and exploration this time around.
  2. Derd Augur

I believe the reason they're eliminating it is because of its ability to call all items of that type. That has to create more memory use and I assume it's to make the game Run more efficiently.
  3. EnchFWO Augur

/boggle @ potion belt removal. In light of that... are we getting some other type of comp for the bonus potion belt slot on certain raid belts, etc.? Let me guess... :mad:

Also lulz at the VP faction fix/nerf/whatever you want to call it almost 4 months in. The only thing this does is give new, more casual or slower paced people a huge slap in the face. You already nerfed special named respawn timers and pick spawns to slow things down. Was this necessary? I just hope that at least some type of new method of factioning is implemented. The zone was already sparse but now I see it turning into a ghost town. :(
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Lorglath New Member

Currently playing on Agnarr so my comments are in regards to Vex Thal...

Your last patch had bosses teathered to their room - we had an issues with the current teathering code... While fighting Kaas Thox Xi Aten Ha Ra he casts gravity flux, which also hits himself, he also has over 2M hit points, we had him to 15% when he G-fluxed, but he hit himself so high it triggered his Z-axis leash and reset, meaning we got to kill him 2x for 1x the loot. Also, if you get a boss to close to their walls, same issue. Please increase the leashing coordinates slightly to account for these.

Also, with the warders becoming active - why? They've been in their current 'broken' state for 8 years, why fix them now? It doesn't increase any QOL it simply makes it harder for somewhat casual guilds to do anything. Our last VT clear we had over 500 trash kills.... When SoE was designing this zone, they went a bit crazy here.

Can we lower the amount of trash / traps that spawn trash in the zone?
    Can you fix the lockout so you don't have 1 6-hour period per week in which to try?
    Please validate and make sure that the warders despawn properly before going live, because losing a month of the best loot in a 3-month expansion would be disastrous.
    Can you just add the leashing to instances and leave the rest of the zone alone?
    Montag likes this.
  5. Metanis Bad Company

Could we please have the number and location of See Invis mobs reduced in this case? It is extremely irritating getting around this zone as a KOS Cleric. There should be a path around every SI KOS mob even if it's not immediately obvious and that doesn't require rogue skills or dragging around a pocket enchanter.
  6. Rolaque Ancient

In referring to the elimination of the potion belt
    .Really?

If excessive memory usage is caused by using the potion belt, then post a simple statement saying don't use the potion belt if you suffer from chronic chat lag, or frame rate lag in either the pile or a raid. Or something like that. If removing the potion belt is a mighty fix to a long standing, previously insolvable issue, then take some credit for it.
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Looking at the Druid DoT changes:

The Magic DoT (Horde) line mana cost was reduced by 10%.
    The Fire DoT (Sun) line mana cost was reduced by 18%.
    The Nature DoT line mana cost was reduced by 25%.

For reference the most recent live patch made the following changes.

The Magic DoT (Horde) line Damage/tick was reduced by 35%.
    The Fire DoT (Sun) line Damage/tick was reduced by 36%.
    The Nature DoT line Damage/tick was reduced by 45%.

I feel like the mana value should be reduced a little bit more. Something like 20%, 25%, 30% for Horde, Sun, Nature respectively.
    Lorai and Rolaque like this.
  8. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Just hoping killed in VP wont make ya insta KoS. I understand a faction hit and rightly so there should be. But it better not be crap like -1000 per kill... that’s absurd, tradh should be 2-5, named 10-20 ish. Raid/group should be different.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  9. fortuneteller Augur

Lower amount of trash/traps: Why, its what everyone has, and it IS the end zone of an expansion, where people should not be able to just skip over.

You Lucky you have the time to try, because when it was live long time ago, most guilds WHO were casual did never get any tries, because "elite" guilds got the place down all the time.
  10. Arcos Lorekeeper

The new VP faction is called Denizens of Veeshan's Peak. It looks like you start out apprehensive to them (the old Ring of Scale faction does not get carried forward). One kill of a factioned mob will take you from apprehensive to dubious (-100 faction hit).

Everything but the basilisks (which have no faction at all) seems to all be on the new one although I could not check any named mobs.

I have not been able to find a way to raise the faction yet so it may be a one way trip to the bottom. If so and if you care then stocking up on faction locking potions may be the only way to do progression without automatically becoming KOS.

Arcos
    svann and EnchFWO like this.
  11. Ghubuk Augur

Does killing in skyfire lower vp faction?
  12. Boze TLP complaint factory

Fixing it now mean you never have to for Coirnav/other TLPs again! Save Phinny, and save yourselves work later.
  13. Horathmir Elder

I use the Potion Belt every single time I log in, at least 5-6 times a session, sometimes many more. It is probably one of the top 5 most used UI pieces I have. Removing it makes no sense at all and DEV should probably explain the logic behind removing it rather then just saying "It's gone and thats that"
    Yinla likes this.
  14. fransisco Augur

Wouldn't make sense.
    They are neither classic zones, nor do they have classic appropriate loot
  15. Arcos Lorekeeper

No they are not changed.
    Ghubuk likes this.
  16. Underscore_one New Member

I have to wonder if the removal of potion belts is a foreshadowing of a future revamp of the default UI... A person can dream right?
  17. wherehouse Lorekeeper

with your elitist . This is a 19 year old game with instanced raid content. Bad game design and unnecessary timesinks is a great was to piss off your player base and ensure that they sop playing and paying you a monthly fee.
  18. Cicelee Augur

Goodness. I hope there is a way somewhere to gain faction in VP for players. Otherwise the rush to do stuff is going to intensify for many players before next patch...
  19. Horathmir Elder

If they did that there would be 60 instances of Warrens on day one and 1-2 of every other zone hehe
  20. Ghubuk Augur

If no way to raise faction, it will be a mess period.
    Lorai likes this.