[Phinigel] Lack of Prophecy of Ro AoC(s)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaera, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Jaera Augur

So Devs, I have to say I am extremely disappointed that this is the route you're going with PoR. The patch notes only called out an Agent of Change for Theater of Blood and running around in game on test with a ranger verifies that there are indeed no other Agents of Change for Devastation, Relic, or Sverag. This was after multiple people have posted for the last six months of the required targets for instancing as we all wanted to see a fun and level ground with which to progress through Prophecy of Ro.

I can only assume that you're thinking that each of the relevant key mobs (Tsikut, Shar'drahn, Ashenback, Porthio, the Military Commander, the Bold Invader, and Titanothon) drop multiple key pieces, but this ignores the fact that guild actively compete with one another to be able to clear content, and in some cases will go out of their way to destroy items to prevent another guild to gain access. I'm not sure what the rationale is to not instance these other encounters and go 100% against your own statements that the intention was to break up bottlenecks so that guilds could progress. You've done this wonderfully for every expansion up till this one, and this was the last one you had to get right.

I don't know if its possible for you to get in AoC instances for these encounters before the end of the month, but I implore you to consider getting work done on these and make Prophecy of Ro a better expansion instead of one of the worst that EverQuest has had.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Hate to break it to you, but PoR will still be the worst Everquest expansion ever, either with or without the full AoC treatment.
    Nolrog and Ronzark like this.
  3. Jaera Augur

Okay I can't disagree with that but it could have been at least tolerable. Now its just getting its horrible position cemented.
    Machentoo likes this.
  4. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

They should all be instanced.

On the PoR topic -

The "Harmonic Dissonance" AA already granted to all characters, which allows direct entrance to ToB. In fact, you can try to port there now

Are the same requirements going to be put on the AoC similar to the Vule instance? (Think Margaret needing Keleborn)
  5. Jaera Augur

When I talked the AoC in Arcstone, my character had the ToB AA but not the chime. The AoC told me to buzz off.
  6. Venalin Journeyman

Especially considering it's an all or nothing type flag, they don't all drop the same item like ToB bosses. Guild A gets Ashenback, B gets Tsikut, C gets Porthio. Guild D gets Titanothon... or Shar'Drahn, Sverag Boss, Devastation Boss.

If these don't get instanced, we could very well see the first expansion that not a single guild completes in-era. WTS Porthio piece, 50kr per!
  7. Boze TLP complaint factory

This is really bad news for phinny. The momentum that's kept at least 17 (!) (https://phinnyprogress.com/) guilds working on raid progression will come to a grinding halt. Figure lots of folks will take a break until TSS, head to Coirnav, or try either of those options and quit. Please get the fix in if y'all can. Like OP says, y'all have been on top of this up until now.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Please save us from ourselves! #AoCPoR
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

They've already said they won't have time to AoC it before Phinigel PoR launch. While I agree it is disappointing, I'm sure they can come up with some alternative solutions.

One would be to make the raid mobs have very short respawns. While guilds may sit on one spawn for a few days I think they would tire out farming Porthio every hour for a week straight.

Another would be to make these mobs all instantly spawn in a pickzone. Most raids should forxe a pickzone to open when they zone in with 50 members. This should allow most guilds to pick over in mass and kill the targets they are interested in before a competing guild can.

Both of these solutions sound to me less time intensive than creating AoC instances and copying over encounters and trash populations.
    Chatoyan and Ryak like this.
  10. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

This is going to be so bad /face-palm. All it takes is guilds blocking one of three relic dragons from each other and shenanigans will ensue.
    Ronzark likes this.
  11. Kildire New Member

This is very disappointing, and the effect of this will absolutely be more population migration from Phinny to Cornaiv. Phinny players deserve better. Get it done.
  12. Varu Journeyman

I'd like to do the PoR expansion. Please instance Relic, Devastation and Sverag.
  13. Jaera Augur

While both of these would be good temporary solutions, I seriously doubt that they'll be implemented. The "Bold Invader" and Porthio the Second Born encounters have arguably some of the best loot in the expansion, especially their HP/Mana augments. I'd love nothing more than for DBG to prove me wrong, but past indications and experience lead me to believe they won't touch the idea of making mobs with raid loot fast respawn or spawn in picks.

While I'm more understanding now that they simply ran out of time, I am still disappointed it has come to this. At this point, unless these encounters are going to be instanced or Darchon's suggestions are made reality, I'd really rather we just open TSS at the end of the month and skip PoR entirely.
  14. Miena Elder

Another temp solution would just be to remove the key requirement temporarily on Daosheen and Sullon raid instance requests. Until such a time that the key raid mobs can be instanced properly.

If nothing is done to mitigate this bottleneck I kinda feel like it's intentional to make people quit the server and move to Coirnav which is really a shame.
  15. Ryak Augur

I kind of wish this more reasonable thread was getting bumped more than the other whiny-complainy themed thread.

But also, please do something to the non-ToB raid progression mobs, even if it is just to halve their respawn time.
  16. Boze TLP complaint factory

There have been posts on the forums about the necessary progression targets since Omens opened on Phinny. I feel like the answer that they ran out of time is disingenuous; it's more that it was too low on the priority list. There are many possible solutions, and I'm hopeful they can come to one of them soon.
  17. Aegir Augur

Please look into this so our last experience with AoC's in era will be a good one. Was talking with my good old friends from early EQ days into starting playing again ( they quit during DoDH, so don't wanna do classic and expacs up till that again), but funneling them into a potential poopsock or bust nightmare that PoR will be, made me change my mind. So much love and respect for how you guys worked out the Phinigel progression so far, and now this.... :(
    Boze likes this.
  18. Vand New Member

gotta agree i didnt come to phinny to poopsock :) AoC will make everyone happy solve a problem and once coirnav hit same point in the future they are ready for this too plus future progression servers :)
    Kildire likes this.
  19. Kantsyng New Member

Please look at this, have really enjoyed my time so far on Phinny progressing without the need to sit on spawn points for 20 hrs. I think this is close to the last thing that needs an AoC for flagging, if it isn't sorted very few guilds will get any of this expansion finished.
    Please Devs, look at a solution before it goes live
    Kildire likes this.
  20. Morgen Elder

Come on DBG. You are almost there. If you fix this, then you are essentially done with creating any new AOC for any future TLP. Support your community on Phinny, let us finish progression with minimal drama. If you can’t do the full AOC thing, come up with some temporary kludge solution like decreasing respawn or dropping flag requirements like others suggested.