I have experienced the 'solution' to the Emp SS exploid.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Herf, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herf Augur

Tonight I and my guild went in with a group of at least 20 players, all honestly keyed. We key'ed in, buffed in the first room, assigned targets then prepared to all rush in annnnnnd.....it's gone. INSTA-WIPE for anyone who wasn't in the vanguard running in.

400 pt repeating DD to everyone in the outer room with no warning. THIS is the best that alleged game devs can come up to solve the problem of guilds that were exploiting by pulling the Emp out of his room? Really? Well heck, with that level of game dev expertise you're ready to go pro...maybe work at EA :)
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

That is a very old mechanic and is not related to the recent changes to prevent emp from being pulled. There are 4 traps in the port up room that trigger a DD+Knockback+Dispel for EACH person in that room once Emp fight starts, disarming them is pointless because they respawn in like 6 seconds. I believe the original intent was to prevent people from interfering or joining in on the fight once it is underway. It is possible to survive the trap room as a solo player as long as you quickly get out, but if there are 30+ people clustered in there its like a massive chain reaction explosion.

You can go into Emps room without aggroing the event as long as you hug the wall into the corner.
    Ronzark and Herf like this.
  3. Herf Augur

I'm not sure how I feel about thanking a Froglok, but thank you Bobbybick :)
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

So you died to an unfamiliar mechanic. Perhaps instead of running to the forum to blame the "alleged game devs" you could try again to figure out what went wrong!
    Ronzark and Misaligned like this.
  5. smash Augur

This is old mechanism. And well if you not experienced it earlier then...
    Ronzark likes this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

With 20 players the end result Would have been the same anyways.
    Ronzark likes this.
  7. Death Strudel Augur

No, you made a mistake. Killing emp in room is actually pretty trivial once you prepare for that and consider all the methods of dealing with adds and pick the right one for your smallish raid force. It is, in fact, faster and easier than pulling him out, provided you have sufficient keyed people. I would have selected a different option if you only have 20. 20 is going to be tough, he hits hard, you need a tight CH rotation and your clerics are actually going to OOM eventually.

Not that this should surprise anyone, but that other thread glorifying the integrity of "the event" was forum trolling at its finest. The event is at least as boring and if you do it right, trivial. In your case if you struggle with anything but cleric mana, I think you made a mistake. The only real winners on the change appear to be RMTers who, on Coirnav at least, can now sit around trying to sell LRs for comm1/comm2/insignia. Yay progress. Since a comm1 drop takes on average 3 hours, this is going to be hilarious, I will be sure to tune back in to the forums when Luclin drops on coirnav.

So far the only interesting raid not ruined by MoTM I've seen is Khati Sha, there are a few ways to lose that one that are worthy of discussion.
  8. RandomStrategy Augur

We experienced a TRUE unintended consequence of the new system. We had one of the blobs in VT reset itself to full HP and DT someone because it Gravity Fluxed ITSELF out of the geometry of the room.

We managed to finish it for a double HP kill (well, we had it to 30% when it reset itself), but man, that was a pain in the .
  9. Febb Augur

Why don't you ask around first when you experience something out of the ordinary you don't know about instead of insulting developers? A little research online about the event could have told you this was going to happen.
    Ronzark and Herf like this.
  10. Febb Augur

You sure do cry a lot about needing to grind for anything. How did you make it through VP keying?
  11. Death Strudel Augur

Skipped it. Nothing in VP justifies that quest. Nothing has happened to make me regret it either. Until the VP quest is gone, VP is utterly skippable content.
  12. Herf Augur

You're probably right. I wrote that while we were trying to figure out why a roomful of lvl 60's were vaporized, and how were going to get the bodies out.

That said, I can't see how some dev, even back in the day, thought that a death chamber like that was a good idea.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Its a neat function. ... think of it like "burning the ships" when you're going to battle.

Emp is one of the few hard fights in the entire expansion with loot to show for it.
  14. Rage_Sk Journeyman

The elitist attitude of this community is a joke. I'm sure it has been great for you living of others knowledge of every single change for 15 years or perhaps you have been playing and doing the event for the last 15 years. If we can all hold back the blow hard and dev white knighting for a moment, let's look at this trap. It was intended to keep trolls and elitist from messing up kills on emp ssra. This is a non factor in instances, I know i know we still have open world targets that no one cares about, but for your sake, fine lets keep it. The issue is the trap reset time, on a failed attempt the trap should not keep killing people for the next hour to do a CR.

What we have learned:
    1. The community is toxic and largely unhelpful, thanks.
    2. Reading ever word of 15 years of patch notes may save you from mechanics that stopped guilds and players from trolling each other, The devs no longer care how awful you are to each other now, but at least we have proof at some point they cared.
    3. A death trap room that does not turn off after a attempt failure and all mobs are reset, is in fact a poor design. White knight all you want, once mobs reset the traps should turn off to allow for CR.
  15. HappyPanda Augur

The trap is not a big deal and will not kill you if you run in after the mobs reset in an organized fashion.
    Just make sure to run in one at a time so you don't all slaughter each other.
    If you run only one character in, you take a bit of damage but nothing too serious.
    Slip in there and have a monk pull corpses to the corner, once it is further reset, run a cleric in along the corner, rez up, do whatever you plan to do next.

Yeah, there is a lot of toxicity.
    Hopefully this helps you, if you need more information send a tell. There are many people willing to help.
  16. Febb Augur

So you think coming to the forums and insulting the developers because the person didn't know an event mechanic is ok?
  17. Utdaan Augur

I read this and am reminded of these lyrics...
    Wise men say only fools rush in

You do know that you can go into Emp's room without aggroing anything, right? I suppose not, from the sound of things.
  18. Herf Augur

We didn't "rush in". If we had we'd still have been alive. Compared to the exploit pulls of the Emp we tried to do what would work on most any other raid target: stay in the next room, buff up, assign targets, then go in. But the people who were first agro'd something and the majority of us who were in the room just got vaporized.

We had a monk or two in early to scout, possibly of them had agro while we were all back in the room, or it was one of the first people who had an assigned target that was in the vanguard got agro. Either way, setting off the equivalent of a dozen or two deathtouches in the setup room makes no sense to me from a design perspective. It's even worse if what one writeup I found stated; the traps reset every few seconds once agro happens in the Emps chamber.

We'll go back in a few days and succeed. It's just that that wipe was utterly pointless. Any guild who raids will hit it once, unless like us they don't search all the websites to find out about this, then they'll succeed. So aside from killing a bunch of people once before they wise up, it's pointless.

That we have to find out about this from a website somewhere seems a bit ironic since back in the day "the Vision" didn't want people to use online resources to help them play the game; they wanted people to figure it out as they went.
  19. Febb Augur

It's not pointless for that mechanic. Other people have already stated why that mechanic exists. Any decent raid leader is going to do their home work before they try to do an event that's already heavily documented.
  20. Utdaan Augur

So, rather than discuss within your own guild why things went south and devise your own "strat" for the encounter, you decided to come here and tell everyone that Daybreak Devs screwed things up? Here, let me ruin things for you and tell you what YOU did wrong........

No one sets up in the previous room. Everyone in the raid moves into Emp's room, hugs the wall, and moves into the corner...WITHOUT AGGROING ANYTHING!! Once you start no one else can enter through the door, which has always locked even back on the Al'Kabor server.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.