Windowed Gamma?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Rowlen, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Rowlen Journeyman

It also has been crappy, but am I right its now a lot more crappy then before?

And is there any kind of workaround how to get some higher gamma working, without everytime one eq instance is logging in getting gamma set back to the same ugly dark?
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

3. Kyzvs Augur

For those that didn't read the OP question...

No - the only thing I've found is that if you use 'Enable windowed gamma' and you log out (or the screensaver turns off the screen on my PCs) is that moving the gamma slider on one instance resets the gamma for all sessions - so on mine I move one session from 42 to 47 and back to 42 and all a re fixed. A pain, but it does at least get you back to being able to see.
    Bigstomp, moogs and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  4. missy21069 New Member

I can see!!! thanks for this! I looked everywhere, but missed this one little tiny spot lol
    Pelrond likes this.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

A buddy pointed out to me that if you leave that unchecked for all but one instance, your gamma won't get messed up when you quit the other instances.
  6. Coronay Augur

Last night I updated to newest Windows patch and it broke windowed gamma. Reverting back to old version of windows fixed this.
  7. Venedar Lorekeeper

It's very annoying. Either I use "Increase Windowed Gamma" which makes it extremely bright or you turn this option off which makes it too dark for me. I want to be able to adjust gamma in eq options as I always have. I usually change gamma according to mood or how tired I am.

It would be very good if it could be solved.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Click the Start button, start typing Calibrate until you see Calibrate Display Color... click that. Then go through the Calibration and you'll see where you can adjust the Gamma (and other colour settings). Once you set it there, you don't need to worry about the EQ gamma setting anymore. If/when Daybreak makes the change to make EQ work with the new version of Windows, you'll probably find things super bright in EQ but you can just turn off "Enable Windowed Gamma" and continue using the Windows Gamma if it suits you. Depends if things are too bright for every day use...