Discord Server?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Gen.Alexander, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Gen.Alexander New Member

So I am a EQ2/DCUO player. Since I've all All Access I sometimes want to give Everquest a try, but the game seems not very noob-friendly. It would be nice to have a Discord server to ask questions, but unfortunately every time I go googling for one, it seems there aren't any.
    Why is that? Everquest 2 seems less popular than Everquest, yet Everquest 2 has a Disocrd server with several Daybreak Games employees.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I think people just do their own, as opposed to an official one. Ask around in General, or some of the people you group with. Shouldn't be too hard to find one.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Couple things.
    #1 you might want to try Agnarr or wait for the new one Corinav in a few weeks- those are tlp servers where everyone starts from scratch so there are going to be more players around to work with and over all they seem to be very helpful. Limited to paid subscriptions.

#2 when you make a new character in EQ on live servers (not tlp) you will usually be in "newplayers" chat. Very few of the rest of the world is in that chat. Paid accounts are in newplayers up to level 20 and also in general chat all the time but free accounts can never join general chat. So that has eliminated a lot of the player base that is there to ask questions. You will get more response in general chat.

#3 New players start in tutorial and then head out to some low zones. The game is kinda self explanatory but if you do have questions you can always ask in these forums or even google.

#4 Most of the players know more than the DBG employees so they don't need or want to be in channels with us! :D

#5 Don't admit you played EQ2. That's like saying you kissed your sister.
    Yruc likes this.
  4. Nolrog Augur

There is a brand new server coming out a week from Friday (March 16th). There will be a lot of lower level people to play with.

If you have specific questions, you can ask in the general channel or your class channel in game, or you can ask them here. There's always a lot of people willing to help out.
    Gen.Alexander likes this.
  5. AlmarsGuides Augur

https://discord.gg/Usc2kb

That's the most active EQ discord server that I know of. It might not be 100% what you're looking for since it's partly for Third Party Software as it is EQ -- however you can ask any EQ question you want in that channel at all hours of the day and it's very very likely someone will help you out and answer any questions you have.

With that said, welcome to Everquest! I recommend you peruse my website as well for information as there's quite a bit there.
  6. Gen.Alexander New Member

Thanks. I went to your website, but it seems a bit too advanced to me. There are many guides for crafting and expansions, but I did not see much stuff to help a level 1 player except for areas best for leveling.
  7. Yruc Augur

There leveling guilds (not raiding ones) that have discord servers you can join. I recommend finding one on your server and trying that or just posts your questions here and we can try and help.

But definitely go through the tutorial on one of the live servers and read all the information provided, it does a decent job of explaining the game.
  8. High Voltage Augur

This one made me smile for the whole day.