[Coirnav] Magus Imperialis Magicus - Raiding Guild

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Kaldaur, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Kaldaur Lorekeeper

With Kunark hurdling along, we know that many players are checking out Guild Recruitment, trying to find the right fit for their needs. Many of you want to conquer EQ’s content again with a team of like-minded raiders, but don’t want to batphone your way through a good night’s sleep.

MIM might be the fit for you. We are a raiding guild that places a premium on skill, focus, but also camaraderie. Many of us have been together for years now, and MIM is a place where you can create a home for yourself. We will be raiding at 9EST/6PST, three nights a week on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday with optional off-day raids a possibility. We have a wide variety of players, all part of a group that wants to tackle this content with determination. We aim for the top of the server, and expect you to know your role and class, but along the way you’ll be part of a great family, both in and out of game!

We use a loot council, which sets us apart from most other raiding guilds where DKP reigns supreme. We feel an effective loot council is far better for a guild than a DKP system. We address the reason for this choice on our website, which is located here.

Check us out, read our mission statement for Coirnav, and if you think MIM is a great fit for you, put in an application! We hope to see you in the ranks of
    Magus Imperialis Magicus!

Class needs for recruitment are as follows (7-11-18)
    Bard - Medium
    Cleric - Medium
    Druid - Medium
    Enchanter - Medium
    Mage - High
    Monk - Medium
    Necromancer - High
    Paladin - Low
    Ranger - Medium
    Rogue - Medium
    Shadowknight - Low
    Shaman - Medium
    Warrior - Low
    Wizard - Medium

Go to mimguild.com and click on the application link on the far right side of the page. Hope to hear from you soon!

Applicants should be demonstrating progress toward lvl 60 at the time of their application. Please send me a message if you have any questions!

Critt likes this.
  2. Dranix Augur

Looking forward to seeing some new names on this iteration of TLP. If you're looking for a dedicated team who takes raiding seriously while also adhering to a real sense of community within the guild and the server come check us out.
    Critt likes this.
  3. Loman New Member

One of the best guilds in EQ
  4. Kopuz Journeyman

100% agreed! I enjoyed my time with MiM on Phinny a great deal. Good luck to you all on Coirnav!
    Kaldaur likes this.
  5. Dranix Augur

Me coming back to lead raids wasn't enough to bring you back eh? That makes me sad. Miss you man!
  6. Dranix Augur

No community quite like it!
  7. Kaldaur Lorekeeper

Let me second that, man. If you ever feel like playing on Coirnav, we'd love to have you back again. There's no chanter quite like Kopuz.
    Dranix likes this.
  8. Crayon123 Augur

Very friendly recruitment team, definitely a very family-oriented vibe to the guild. Seems to be suitable for those who would like to develop a bond with the people they play with, all the while still maintaining a strong raid presence. Thumbs up MiM!
  9. Kahna Augur

Question on the loot system. How do you treat the less efficient classes when it comes to loot? By less efficient classes I mean Druids, Beastlords, Bards, etc, those classes where there is pretty much always another class that can use any given item more efficiently (and to the betterment of the guild) more than they can. Only loot council guild I was in treated these classes poorly, giving them lesser gear or waiting until all the other, more efficient, classes had the gear first. How do you balance the needs of the individual against the needs of the guild?
  10. Dupre_MIM Elder

That's a great question. The short answer is our raid force is as strong as the weakest link. We do not overlook classes just because someone feels they're less efficient. Every class plays a part in raids. Druids provide a healthy mix of supplemental heals and damage, not to mention they are a primary method of transportation. I don't dare piss off our guild raid shuttle bus drivers. Beastlords may not produce the best DPS, but they have other fantastic raid benefits such as paragon, beast crack, melee buffage. Bards are far from inefficient. Their personal DPS might be hot garbage, but they provide beneficial songs to both casters and melee that boost their DPS. Their resist songs can keep the DPS classes alive, which is far more valuable. See what I'm getting at here? You cannot neglect a particular class just because they're unfairly viewed as inefficient. We actually understand how best to utilize each class to our benefit, and in order to do that, they need gear.

I could honestly write a book here about loot council vs DKP. I've been a member in both systems, and I've been leadership in both systems. Both systems have their desirable qualities. If you'd like to dig more into it in depth, we can arrange a time to discuss in our Discord. Just PM me here on the forums.
    Mairzy likes this.
  11. Dranix Augur

Just to piggyback on this. There are specific promises I make to our raid team during classic and Kunark. If you actively work on your epic, you'll get it - we ensure we take time to organize anything our members need to assist in those quests. Furthermore, we keep very detailed records of loot distribution and utilize many tools to ensure the loot system remains fair with checks and balances - if you have a big ticket item you want, there is generally no issue ensuring you have access to it unless we're just severely unlucky with drops. The beauty of TLPs is that we can compete when we want or just raid and enjoy the process as a team in our instances on our terms.

The most important thing to us an officer core is ensure our members are getting what they want from their time and experience. There are so many different motivations for coming back and playing on a server like this. There is no specific motivation greater or lesser than others as far as i'm concerned. Our goal is always to foster the environment needed to complete our members goals efficiently while also promoting the sense of community we strive for. We cannot accomplish that without a fair and balanced approach to looting. - Just like any system, you eat what you earn here. The table is open and the plate is there for you. Your choice to step up to the buffet.
  12. Leonidas_strong New Member

Hi MIM Team,

I'm checking out a few guilds and I like your raid days. I want to join a guild that's going to be around for a while so you would you mind giving me the short story on why MIM ceased operations on Phinigel and what your expectations are with regards to longevity on Coirnav? How many confirmed members to start the server so far?

Respectfully,
  13. Kaldaur Lorekeeper

Hello Leonidas!

We're on Coirnav for the long haul. I've not heard one discussion about stopping at 'X', as we are very excited to have this new chance to conquer some content and meet a lot of new friends. As for Phinny, we had some members step away near the end of PoP for personal reasons, and it left us with a hole in our raid capabilities right before GoD. We decided to merge rather than let members down by not completing some content. That six-month stretch of PoP and then LDoN really hurt quite a few guilds, but the shorter expansion times will offset that this time around, alongside a concerted recruitment drive to fill any holes if members have personal life issues that crop up.

I'd love to chat with you individually, so I can send you a discord link via PMs and you can stop in to say hello!
  14. Dranix Augur

Exact number is hard to gauge we have quite a few returning members still undecided on class this go around but for tracking purposes we have ~60 confirmed for their class choice. I expect we'll start above a full raid force which will give us the flexibility to trim into an efficient raid team and split raid fairly quickly.

That being said, general interest has been fantastic and we're still accepting applications for all classes.
  15. Kaldaur Lorekeeper

We're still a week and a half out from Coirnav, and there's plenty of time to join MIM in our newest adventure! Feel free to send me a PM or reply to this thread and we can get your application started!
  16. Dupre_MIM Elder

Response has been fantastic, and we're nearing capacity on some classes. If your planning to apply, it is recommended you get your app in ASAP. If you have questions, post them here or PM one of us and we'll gladly get them answered.

Waiting too long only means there will be no tacos for you at the MIM Taco Shack.
  17. Kaldaur Lorekeeper

As Dupre mentioned, we're nearing capacity on some classes. Shamans and SKs are reaching the limit, and four other classes are climbing up there as well. Get your application in now before the weekend!
  18. Dupre_MIM Elder

Received a note that some users were having issues registering to our website after installing a fresh version of the CAPTCHA spam blocker. If you had issues registering, we've reverted to the previous version and that issue should be cleared up.

Our apologies to anyone who attempted to register in the last 18 hours since that went live who could not get in.
  19. Kaldaur Lorekeeper

We're now less than a week out! We had our pre-launch guild meeting last night, but there's still lots of time to join MIM before the server goes live. Put in your application today!
  20. Kaldaur Lorekeeper

Static groups are forming, we've got lots of plans and even more energy drinks. Stop by and say hell on our forums as we crawl toward opening day!!