Here's what you should expect on EXP rates on the new server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oldkracow, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Roxxlyy Augur

To reiterate just in case people are unsure, XP on Coirnav will match that of Phinny AFTER the rate was increased, so it will be slightly faster than the original XP rate.
    Risiko and Dragon Jockey like this.
  2. Hober Journeyman

Was the 106 hours by abusing Lislia Goldtune or was that mob not completely broken yet?
  3. Soulsiphon Elder

Slightly faster is really still horrid. I guess you guys think people with no lives only play TLPs. Most of us that are dedicated players are in our mid to late 30s and are married with kids. We don't have hours on end to play like we did back in 1999. But we still want to raid and enjoy that fresh experience on a new server without taking too much time away from our families. I know you guys need to make money, and I am all for that but buying xp pots to really only increase the xp moderately shouldn't be the way. The DBG cash shop should offer more bags to buy or even familiars with resistance familiars, Items that are cool. Slight resistance changes is not game changing but just enough to make a difference on some mobs. That kind of stuff I would rather spend money on than on XP pots for the long grind to 50. Anyways it is just my opinion.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

We never set foot near High Keep.
  5. taliefer Augur

the increased rate is still MUCH slower than agnarr, ragefire and lockjaw rates. im not advocating for a change mind you, thats up to you all. but people should know what they are getting in to at least. its still pretty slow exp.

i still dont understand the logic of stunted exp rates, on a pretty fast paced server. but phinny was a success and this is just a clone, so why fix what aint broken i guess.
    potatoface, Dragon Jockey and Dexar like this.
  6. Zalamyr Augur

I still feel like they should at least differ Coirnav by at least adjusting the exp rate. Phinny succeeded in spite of the slow exp rate, not because of it. The faster expansion unlocks were the real key.
    Risiko and potatoface like this.
  7. Brunlin Augur

Yep, ill have my two box 50 by Sunday
  8. Old_Timer Journeyman

I'm really surprised that they are doing NOTHING new with Coirnav. I won't be playing unless something is changed. FV rules would be great but what's really keeping me away is the XP rate. If they upped the XP rate to Ragefire levels, I'd be there in a heartbeat. I did the Phinny grind for a while and decided I'm too old for that crap!

Do the right thing DB! Raise the XP rate and throw in FV rules as a bonus.
    potatoface and TeeEHLpee like this.
  9. TeeEHLpee Augur

So instead of poking us in both eyes, your only poking one. Should I say Thanks? :) If its slower or faster exp, I still purchase the same amount of exp pots. If its faster exp, I will hit max lvl faster with exp pots and start to raid then on off nights i would purchase more exp pots for my alts :)I would rather get to the raiding part faster.
    potatoface likes this.
  10. TeeEHLpee Augur

I would be down for just faster exp and no keying. Keying is by far the worse waste of time. No way in hell I am going to redo VP keys after getting 2 toons keyed. Ill hit 60 then unsub til luclin.
    potatoface and Old_Timer like this.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Broke keys made people quit... they have to see the data and connect the dots....

Hell you cannot get keyed unless you play toxic... which sucks since just about every major raid guild wants to do vt and vp. I'm not about to volunteer for that again...
    potatoface and TeeEHLpee like this.
  12. TeeEHLpee Augur

you dont want to afk at a ground spawn and try to out click auto-clickers for hours? Sounds like fun to me.
    Ronzark and potatoface like this.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Either that, or as a casual player, behind the curve, maybe he got a lot of groups with higher level people who were effectively powerleveling him. The difference between going 40-50 in a group of 40's with first week gear, vs going 40-50 in a group of geared 50's is huge.
    potatoface likes this.
  14. Mwapo Augur

Maybe. Without actual obvious power leveling, I find it hard to believe that someone Leveled twice as fast as 4 mages, an enchanter and cleric that didn't have to lfg or anything though, regardless of gear or levels.

With some more obvious powerleveling and quest exp, maybe. But that original exp was brutal.
  15. Trevalon Augur

The only reason I ever hit 50 on Phinny was cause we got Christmas bonus EXP and Me and 2 RL friends did it in 1 weekend of 14 hours a day for 4 days straight (About killed us)

Coirnav MIGHT have been ok but the Phinigel EXP rate makes it a 100% non-starter for me.

If Daybreak actually did the RIGHT thing and made the EXP rate same as Ragefire/Lockjaw then It would be MUCH more appealing.
  16. Zansobar Augur

We are going to have about 2 weeks of bonus XP right at Coirnav launch.
  17. TeeEHLpee Augur

Which will make it equal to Agnarr exp?
  18. Rolento Augur

not sure where people are coming up with the math that phinny + bonus will = Agnarr exp.

If they give a bonus on Coirnav which I assume and hope they will. Exp should much faster then current agnarr. I also think it will persuade more people to play at launch if the bonus is active as well.

It will be pretty disappointing if they are launching a new server for the Anniversary of the game, and its the only server that doesn't get the 2 weeks of extra EXP.
  19. TeeEHLpee Augur

"Exp should much faster" but you dont know the numbers either :p
  20. Zansobar Augur

It should be close...it depends on the XP bonus. If they only give 50% XP bonus then it might be only 75% of Agnarr's rate (if the low estimates of Phinny being half the Agnarr XP rates are correct). But even if that is true it's still pretty close to Agnarr with that bonus.