Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. elumxe Elder

Allowing you to list items in bazaar for nobles would work...
    Risiko likes this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Not unless they remove the "Nobles Tax".
    DebonAir, Caell, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  3. elumxe Elder

Ok how about this then:
    Rename the name in the class from Price to NewBzPrice and set it to a __int64 then press F7 to compile.
    Now you have a nice list of every single error and line of code that can't find ".Price" and places to update the code.
    Once it's all done you do a search and replace in files for NewBzPrice and change it back to Price. Done. Time for testing. ;)

The only problem with that is if there are more than one class that needs updating and I guess there is... I don't envy the coder that has to do this, it is "risky" to say the least...
  4. Fohpo Augur

Think he just volunteered to go through each of those code lines.
    Gyurika Godofwar and elumxe like this.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Have you tried this:

/hidecorpse npc

That's what I use and it works great.
  6. Risiko Augur

I believe what he is wanting is for it to continue doing it going forward. That's what "/hidecorpse always" does. You don't have to type it every time to get the corpses to go away.

I don't know if "/hidecorpse npc" is a one time thing or if it continues to do that as new mobs die. If it continues to do it as new mobs die, then it is perfect.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

People want more content and that content to be fun and well tested in advance. As stated dealing with the bazaar pricing will require tons of work and yet some people continue to push for this just as people pushed for a level increase even though it was stated this involves a lot of time and work. Be careful what you ask for people because everything that takes the devs away from future content limits there ability to create said new content. Things like bazaar price increases should just leave peoples minds unless they like the idea of 4-6 zones with every expansion release and then complaining non stop because there is nothing for them to do. The dev team are people not robots they cant work 24/7/365 and we should not expect them to. If making a dedicated auction channel for each server (not the /auction which is basically an /ooc and only broadcasts in your own zone) is something that can be achieved without to much time and effort this might be a better option. This would allow people to spam as much as they like without disrupting general chat and if someone does not like the spam they can leave the channel.
  8. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

The npc option is one-time. I didn't realize always was an option already.
  9. Risiko Augur

I doubt it is that easy honestly.

Ngreth, what IDE and compiler do yall even use for EQ? Are yall able to use an up to date IDE at least?
  10. Risiko Augur

Yeah. "/hidecorpse always" is what I use because I don't have to keep doing it over and over as more mobs die.
  11. Darkenr Elder

I'm assuming you've considered before possibly just changing the currency system to work in 100s instead of 10s? 100 copper to 1 s silver, 100 silver to 1 gold, 100 gold to 1 platinum? I know the purists will not like it because it changes something fundamentally that's been in game since release, but so was dropping coins on the ground, coins contributing to weight limit, etc. Is there anything stopping you from doing something like that instead?

I'm going to also assuming this is another not easy thing to implement, but knowing what I do about computers and programming, I would have to imagine it's not as difficult as converting from int to int64. Coins touch a lot of systems in game so it would still be a large scale change, but should alleviate the hard limit on bazaar purchases.
  12. Mookus Augur

When upgrading armor, type3 Irae faycite augs cannot be removed, only destroyed. Right now we must destroy the aug in order to be able to buy it again to put on your new armor. Then you have to go get the new aug.

How about instead, make an augment distiller that costs the same amount of PP as buying a new type3 aug. Then we could make the swap right then and there with our summoned permutation peddlers, instead of having to gate out run around or wait after the raid is over.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Shocking there is a distiller in game that does this very thing.

>>Perfected Augmentation Distiller<<

I do believe they were also added as a plat sink when first introduced.
  14. CrazyLarth Augur

have you thought of adding a NPC in the baz where you turn 1000 PP into a new 1 currency and back again and only place to use the new currency is Buy and Sell.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  15. Fohpo Augur

Why only 1,000? Can go bigger since we're talking bigger purchases anyways. 100,000 would make those kind of things easy.
  16. Horyuken Augur

How has no one posted a pic of Capn Picard with the "WHY DIDN'T WE THINK OF THIS" quote. I'm sure the dev team is shocked they haven't come up with these solutions to the bazaar cap!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. elumxe Elder

They use Visual Studio 2015 (or 2017) as of the recent patch where they changed the toolset.
    It's not hard to change it... just time consuming. And yeah I'd volunteer to fly out and do it.
  18. Mookus Augur

Ya that’s not the solution I explained. That distiller is on loyalty vendor for a stupid-high amount of loyalty. Not plat.

I want an aug distiller on permutation peddler.
  19. Leigo You come here often?

/Hidecorpse npc has to be used every time.
    /Hidecorpse npcalways would be a great addition.. especially for healers
    Atlans, Koryu, Risiko and 2 others like this.
  20. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Grand guild hall to any guild plot port/click and vice versa!

Fellowship tribute/trophys!
    Leigo and Risiko like this.