I got a new survey in email today from DBG

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Metanis Bad Company

Overall I gave the current state of the game passing marks. Here were my comments I left at the end of the survey.

1. Get caught up on patches even if it takes a few extra patch days. 2. Get feedback from players before making optional changes (hint - guild window!) 3. Test changes more thoroughly. 1 week is not enough. 4. Fire anyone who doesn't actively play the game as if they were a user at least 10 hours a week. 5. Try to understand the emotional attachment we have to characters we have been playing for nearly 18 years and have invested thousands of hours of playtime. I have 1004 days played on my main, that's 24,000 hours and doesn't count the untold hours spent reading EQ-related web sites.
    Beggly and Geroblue like this.
  2. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

As a recently returned to Live player and a past TLP only player I got this survey as well and found it interesting that is all my time in the past never have they sent out something like this. To those here on the Vet boards who may have not taken a decade long break has this or something like this ever been sent out before?
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

I get about 4 a year maybe 5. Been getting them for two maybe three years.

I told the devs I wanted an open world raid boss/open world raid zone since we're feeding off the Kunark throwback nostalgia why not create an open world raid zone similar to what Temple of Veeshan is? I'd compare it to Plane of War but PoW is too technical for most people to enjoy. Something a bit more laid back is what I would like to see.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Fohpo Augur

ToV would be in the SoV expansion ripoff
  5. Silinius Augur

The survey mechanism has been happening for at least the last year or so. I think I've received 3-4 of them so far.

As someone who manages a very large survey program myself, this is standard practice for "Customer Experience" research and analytics which I'm happy to see them doing. Now, will these surveys result in changes in how they manage the game? That is up to Daybreak :)
  6. Beggly Augur

Short answer, Yes.
  7. svann Augur

I dont like clicking links in emails.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  8. Helena New Member

I got one of those surveys too.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I asked for the $71.99/year subscription promotion in my survey comments.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I don't receive surveys from Daybreak even though I checked yes to EverQuest emails from them. I'm not sure why some people get them and others don't.

If they want to know what all their customers want, they could add a survey to everyone's account. So, log into your Daybreak account and there would be an optional survey page.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Xeladom like this.
  11. Snowman00 New Member

I left in 2009, returned Sep '17 and played through Jan '18 and haven't logged back in since. To press some keys and see scenery might bring me back a little however, this was my response;

12. Febb Augur

The game would be dead if it weren't for heroic characters and AA auto grant. That is one of the main gripes about people coming back to play, the mountain of levels and AA's just to get caught up.

Not even remotely true. There have been many things introduced in later expansions that are new.

Daybreak came up with the marketplace to help fund their business. Without it, they would layoff more devs and the game would be in much worse shape than it is right now.
  13. Roxxlyy Augur

The email surveys get sent out to a random sample of players towards the end of every month. I don't quite know the sample size off the top of my head, but it's completely RNG based.
    Brohg likes this.
  14. EQ forum name New Member

I do not box well and would prefer to use multiple mercs at the same time. Why are we limited to just 1? As a tank or Dps you need to fill at least 2 roles and would rather be able to use as many as I can afford for any given situation.

Would also prefer you speeding up EXP rates.

As for Ros I like EQ to be the chat room with graphics, not the raid mechanics on trash that drives me away. we already have way too many buttons your practically forcing me to make a Wizard.

Tanks need to be able to tank better, catching up is too slow.

I don't use addons or third party programs, if your letting everyone use them why not make the in game map useful for everyone and not just people willing to modify the game?
  15. Maedhros High King

Forgive me if I do not agree that your incredibly limited experience from Sep '17 through Jan '18 puts you in any kind of position to post about what modern EQ really is.
  16. Zamiam Augur

I deleted mine ..
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I told them I was working on it internally and hoped to be able to show them the fix in the next email but my mailbox kept crashing and then the stamps disappeared like they were a tradeskill tool or something. But everything is working as SuperDev coded it to work which means it is as intended and if they really need this feedback they are more than welcome to reacquire some responses in game from fellow players.
    Wizlard likes this.
  18. GoneFission Augur

Ohhhh, the EQ rng! How long does it take you to get a named?

Edit - to Roxxly's first post. My quote function is totally afk on my PC for some reason.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I honestly wouldn't mind if expansions nowadays came with already drawn maps, they could still let us label stuff ourselves, if they wanted us to be more "involved". Or have stuff on "find" being "pre-labeled" already. I sometimes add additional labels myself, if I find good camps or interesting spots and stuff like that though. :)

However, I do know some players who prefer waiting with maps until they are done with the zone(quest-wise), but it is my impression that most players just download maps right away, and just sees the additional download as a minor hassle.

Just like we have a functional "default" UI, why not let expansions come with "default" maps?
  20. Turinbar Augur

I filled out the survey today. I explained I was dissatisfied and hope the game receives a major infusion of investment to update the graphics, backend, animations, sound etc. I stated I wish it had the UI flexibility WoW currently enjoys. I like everything else about the game, but it needs a major refresh with quality animators and cgi artists.
    Metanis and Jumbur like this.