Massive tell, channel, and zoning lag on AB server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adroxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

So DBG have decided to stress-test AB with an xp-bonus, for the last 2 weeks before the new expansion....

That is a bold move, lets see how that will affect expansion sales...:p
  2. Sheev Lorekeeper

laaaaaaaag is back! what fun...
  3. smash Augur

Massive lag on AB for zoning as of today 12.12.17.

What happened to the server improvement ?
  4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

We seem to be back at "every SUN this happens without fail" from the OP...
    Only again as bad as in SEP/OCT, minus the mass-disconnects.
    Including a crash/server reboot whatever early evening - mid-raid for some, an hour or so before raid for others.

Chat-lag during learning the new raids - exactly what i was afraid would happen and why i hesitated to buy the new expansion.
    I did buy it out of loyalty to the guild, but that's been the last time, i swear!

It's an easy thing:
    Either chat-lag is fixed rather soonish, and for good or at least half a guild will stop playing.
    I for one won't suffer through yet another 6months of chat-lag issues, after having done so for OVER A YEAR!!!
    MY patience in this is out.
    Only "positive" i can see in this is that have bought a rather short-term subscription this time.
  5. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

It’s definitely not the way I wanted to start our first day of raiding RoS. When are the next batch of small incremental fixes rolling out? And can they be hastened at all? It’s imperative to the health of the AB community.
  6. Deillusional Augur

This is still happening....
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Confirmed.
    We too had up to 30s chat-lag yesterday, during raid.
    A pain and especially during the learning phase of an expansion's events unacceptable really.
    Haven't we - the players on AB - made it abundantly clear that we expect this to be fixed for a "level playing field"?
    Were those token replies "we are doing something but it requires huge behind-the-scenes reworking" what we thought they were afterall - simply blabla??
  8. Adroxia Elder

It's back again :(
  9. S33k3r Augur

It's fun when count down to engage is delayed 30+ secs :(
  10. Alba New Member

haven't noticed any real attempts by DBG to fix this problem, they won't even properly acknowledge the fact there is a problem or that its their fault ... useless feckin twunts :mad:
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

From test patch-notes:
    Should this improve the problems we see on AB?

or does the "server-upgrades" just apply to the test server?
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Since it's not live yet i'd say it's just for test server currently.
    I wonder though what these changes are; if they only affect memory usage or so it's not related at all.
    Why i asked for more details in the patch thread - without reply ofc.
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Just to make sure it's not "forgotten":
    This thread exists over a year now, this problem for well over 14months.
    And right now, we're raiding with chat-lag yet again.
    Though this time there was no afternoon-reset of the server that i have noticed.

Are we EVER going to see improvements on this?
  14. Diani Augur

I just heard AB lag will be the first thing they will be fixing after Ship to Ship combat is implemented
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Visible cloaks first!
  16. Margot Heart Elder

This is depressing to read , still no fix for AB ? :(
  17. Adroxia Elder

Super bad lag again today, Monday 26 February just before 20:00 UK time.

Are we going to have to create another 35 pages to have this fixed???
  18. Adroxia Elder

We're now up to 4 minutes lag time on tells and chat channels
  19. Adroxia Elder

This lag also affects raid channel, raid window, tribute, and pretty much everything else you can think of

Really great for raid learning this :mad:
  20. Kitekat New Member

Terrible
    - Trader kicked
    - Trader needs endless time to get into tradermode
    - Login is buggy and fails randomly
    - Chat is laggy like hell
    - Loginserver is partly "down"

We are back to AB-Business.
    Oh btw... account locked due to too many erronous inputs while in borked login mode.
    Petition is pending. If somebody gets a suspended account after 8-10 tries to login and made a couple of wrong password entries due to "oversafe ultralong" passwords - happy birthday - expect a suspension. But I think this can be easily cleared with the support - but it needs time - meanwhile second day without that account.

I canceled accounts due to the HA issue - just in time for another Everbug...