Balance

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Suffer, Feb 22, 2018.

1. fransisco Augur

There had been discussion about having missions at normal difficulty and group difficulty, or other forms of group sized content for people with raid gear/spells.

As far as conclusion? Its the same reason we only get 5-6 zones per expansion now compared to a few years ago. Daybreak will only put so much money into the development of this game.
    There is a finite amount of content they will produce for the game. Some of it is for raiding, some for grouping.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Again... raid gear and RK3's don't help you win these missions. Pushing the correct buttons do. I can go dig up some old Plane of Time era weapons and do significant DPS. I know what buttons to push and when to push them. Turning on auto attack doesn't do squat with Plane of Time weapons, nor does it do squat with Ring of Scale weapons.
    Cicelee and Sancus like this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I've healed warriors returning to the game wearing a good chunk of RoF gear tanking bosses in TBM and EOK.
    Gear helps, but pushing the correct buttons helps a lot more.
  4. Mordeen Lorekeeper

You guys can keep trying to convince everyone 2000ac isn't a preposterous advantage, but most folks aren't that gullible.
  5. Skvoid Elder

I think the most important thing is as others have said before, the person playing their class to its maximum potential, however a raid geared tank will make life a lot easier, even getting my group geared tank into full tier 1 RoS group gear made a significant difference to his tanking so I can only imagine how much easier 6-7 thousand AC and 50 thousand health would make tanking group content and named. (AC difference based off using magelo stats, as I don't know what raid tanks have AC wise under new system. My SK has 15500 AC and top raid tanks are hitting 21 22k AC on magelo)
  6. Toomba Elder

Raid geared should be better than group gesred, i suggest increasing the gap rather than closing it, if i have to fit in with 50 other personalities and keep a high raid attendance much like going to a job, and get geared up.......and a group ranger comes along able to handle the same content im able to, ...the game would lose its value. Get Gud
  7. p2aa Augur

AC has lost the value it could have before. 1000 AC difference don't change the mitigation hit graph of some TBM raid boss. With groups mobs who have lowest values, even in RoS, it will be true too.
    Bigstomp has it right : Today using your mitigation tool well > gear. A tank with EoK group gear using his tools will be more sturdy than a RoS raid gear tank that don't use them.
    Earlier expansions, AC had more impact on mob hit distribution (Remember Bedavir tanking graph showing the impact of AC, I think it was around SoF expansion)
    Nowadays, HP > AC, especially with some actual raids with big AE.
  8. Mordeen Lorekeeper

Then I'll point out raid gear also has that same 33% more HP, and 33% more mana and 33% more endurance, etc. Not even remotely convinced.
  9. Mordeen Lorekeeper

I play to have fun, not try to be some special person because I play a near 20 year old game, but when elitists try to say it's their mouse clicking and key pressing, and scripts and socials, and the gear is only a tiny part? Get real! I've known real doofus players who can compete with very good group players because of their huge gear advantage. Whatever though, maintain the delusion if it helps.
  10. Warpeace Augur

"Elitists" says all that needs to be said. Your not looking for understanding you would rather argue round and round?

You want this to be only about gear? Huge advantage from groupers / casuals...duh they had to raid to acquire it, a bit more difficult not to mention those raid mobs are on steroids vs the static zone ones. So yes it will aid a raider in getting through the standard content.

How about players ability? Autto attacking
    tree stump
    and single button presser as you put it "doofus" vs person that runs socials and multi binds to increase DPS or healing output. Who do you think will win?

Maybe a players understanding of their class abilities vs the mobs they are fighting plays a lot more into things that some really want to give credit to?

There are very skilled and capable players out there in complete group gear that are amazing. They have no desire to raid because of the commitment, they just want to play and enjoy the game.
  11. Mordeen Lorekeeper

There you go, totally distorting the truth to try to blow smoke and mirrors, I never at any time said it was all about gear. Not once! Don't put words in my mouth. All I was saying, all I'm saying now is elitists try so hard to downplay the huge advantage of their gear, when it's pretty obvious it's a good chunk of their power. Of course a very good player is gonna be much better than a doofus.
  12. Warpeace Augur

I distorted nothing.

Except now its a good chunk of their powero_O .

Your just not getting the answer you want? Your excluding the effort those people put into getting their gear. But its a goods chunk of their power so its an excuse because they have it and someone else dosent? Sounds like a case of envy. You know anyone can raid and get it also right?

Keep with the "elitist" thing its getting you really far:oops:.

There are many things that make players better than others, understanding those things and learning how to use them is how other people get better. Complaining at every possible chance about this or that advantage that others can also acquire in game is just petty and shows a lack of willingness to learn and use the tools to get better.

What happens if tomorrow they removed raid gear from the game and these very same Elitists your rageing about still blow their fellow players out of the water with the same gear they are wearing? Whats the excuse then?
  13. Mordeen Lorekeeper

There are very good players who are raiders, I never suggested there weren't. I have friends who raid. But there are group players who are every bit as good and knowledgeable. Besides, I'm not raging, another distortion. The good folks raiding will freely admit the gear gives them a huge advantage, the elitists try to downplay it. Whatever.
  14. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

And the award for compartmentalizing, over-simplifying, and making sweeping generalizations goes to.....!
  15. Warpeace Augur

Elitists.... should people be offended buy your desire to call them that?

Calling a group Elitist does not invite a conversation because your already wanting conflict.
  16. Mordeen Lorekeeper

Smoke and mirrors par excellence, just toss out something rote and condesscending without adding a thing. Whatever, I have other things to waste my time on this evening. What I said speaks for itself. Have a good weekend everyone.
  17. Cicelee Augur

Group players who are every bit as good and knowledgeable as raiders are not playing Forum Quest and complaining about things. Instead, they are playing Ever Quest and completing tasks and missions and such...
  18. segap Augur

The gear is not needed to do the content. That is the argument us "elitists" keep making that you keep trying to refute. Group gear is more than sufficient. You gave an example for tanks. They are the one archtype that does get the biggest boost with raid gear. Keep in mind that softcaps negates some of those big AC numbers you point out. That advantage, however, is mostly a benefit to pc healers that lets them do more than just spam heals rather than to the tanks themselves.

What the raid gear allows is for better efficiency. Where a group geared tank might be limited to tanking 3 at a time, the raid geared could do 5. Where a group geared might have to use a sword and shield, the raid geared might be able to use a 2h. The gear does not open up more content, it allows it to be done more aggressively or with more recklessness. Raid geared tanks still need to be pushing buttons to accomplish that. Running the right discs or casting the right spells. Most importantly, any tank still needs to pick up mobs in a timely fashion and keep aggro. AC/HME does not improve those responsibilities in any way.

The biggest difference you'll see between more casual types and hard core (both raider and grouper) is AA. A lot of power (especially for dps classes) is derived from AA. If you're behind on AA and/or spent poorly, you'll not do as well. With many AA being activated, that also includes knowing when to click things and what combinations of clicks to use.