Wiz/Mage DPS Web App

Discussion in 'Casters' started by kizant, Sep 12, 2017.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

On ipad, http://dps.kizant.net/ gives the left part of the app, but not the right part, where spells are selected etc.

Drop downs like activated abilities are inactive.

Selecting a class adds # to the url, but nothing else.

I had some older links open that smurfed everything up, giving me an interface for something on a homebox-url, so I wonder if an older url broke a service you had running...

Would poste screenshot but family is coming for one of sons birthday, wife is making cake, etc
  2. Sancus Augur

It doesn't look to me like Magic foci or Robe foci are currently working.

With just Ethereal Volley selected, going from No Cap to Scaleborn Cap doesn't change the damage at all, and there's no before DoT crit focus listed beyond the 60.5% from Improved Familiar/Destructive Adept.

Same thing with robe foci, both for Wizards and Magicians. Going from No Robe to Scaleborn Robe doesn't change anything, nor does there appear to be a before crit focus listed with either Ethereal Skyfire or Spear of Molten Arcronite.
  3. kizant Augur

Thanks. There were some broken IDs still from the update for the URL building. I think these are fixed now plus a few others.
  4. kizant Augur

It's possible the old links mess things up. How much was working before? It looks like Safari on windows has some issues with resizing and input boxes being out of place but things mostly work. Also sometimes clearing the browser caches out. There's been some UI changes. Like I just tried Edge and it was all broken until I cleared things out. Firefox, Chrome, and Edge seem OK. Safari like 95%. I'm not sure what mobile versions look like too much. It's sorta usable on my Android phone but the spell buttons get jumbled up since there's not enough room for them.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Everything working before (thursday) except making links from ipad.

I use Chrome on ipad, just now tried Safari on iPad, everything appears to work in safari, not in Chrome. Wondering if I smurfed something up clientside... I have a ton of pages open in Chrome, would need to close them all down, loosing valuable research on plastic bins for woodworking garage workshop and rare EQ gold nuggets I should do something about... :-D
  6. kizant Augur

Haha. Well that is a little more odd if it doesn't work in Chrome. That's usually a little more consistent between their mobile and regular versions. But there definitely could be an issue. I don't test too much outside desktop Firefox.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  7. kizant Augur

It's been a while but I've got a few more updates.

1. Changed wiz synergy back to only using vortex.
    2. Added gift of hazy thoughts AA for enchanters.
    3. Made some UI updates and did some back-end work for enc dots. Nothing yet available to try out though.
    4. Oh and made some changes to how counters are used when there's less than 1 left. What I had wasn't working too great when I wanted hazy thoughts to have 8% chance and effect the estimated twincast counts. It was doing a little too much damage previously but it wouldn't have come in to play very often.
    fransisco, Sancus and IblisTheMage like this.
  8. Vizier Augur

missing a bunch of mage spells from RoS > blistering sands, volley of sand etc
  9. Sancus Augur

Do you actually use those? I think the point is to include spells that people actually rotate; there are many superfluous or situational spells that aren't going to find their way into a rotation.

One thing I would like to see added is Shock of Arcronite Steel, just because we're forced to use Magic so much in RoS. It would also require Steel Vengeance to be added, but I don't think that's too complicated. It's just a 25% chance to proc the Steel Vengeance XI. If it was added it's probably worth adding Shock of Darksteel too, since, because it can also proc Steel Vengeance XI, there are certain scenarios where it pulls ahead of Meteoric Bolt.*

*Edit: I think. I still haven't completely mentally accepted that I need to load these spells so I've been slow about testing things.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  10. kizant Augur

11. IblisTheMage Augur

The enchanter Mind xxx nuke & dot would be really nice :).
  12. kizant Augur

I got the nuke part of strangulate but still working on some of the dot stuff. But maybe I'll add some mage spells and procs first. It'll be easier to get that out of the way. I've only been spending an hour or two a week at this point.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  13. Vizier Augur

It would be nice to just put in all the spells, regardless of their perceived value. The blistering sands line maybe crappy dps but it serves other purposes and it would be nice to be able to have all the spells on the list so you could test which spells are best in certain sub optimal situations where you are using them.
  14. fransisco Augur

I'm curious. What purpose does blistering sands serve? I just ignore all the 106-109 spells (sans of many) because they all seem to be junk spells.
  15. IblisTheMage Augur

Bur there is an effort to do this.
  16. Vizier Augur

example: low level mage grouping with high level mage. Low level mage's only job is to proc alliance reliably, since low level will not deal much dps anyways. Sands x3 is one way you can guarantee it procs every time. We dont care about the dps, we care about the spell count. That said, would be nice to find a rotation that could provide the most DPS while still guaranteeing an alliance proc every time.
  17. IblisTheMage Augur

I think that I never used it, not even once :)
  18. Vizier Augur

What do you mean you never used "it"?
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

The quick sands nuke, sorry.
  20. Vizier Augur

Well if its a pain to add spells to the app then dont worry about it, i was able to figure out what i needed with a basic parser.