Why aren't the 40 Slot DBG Store Bags per Server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zansobar, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Zansobar Augur

Instead of per account? I really don't understand the rationale. It is easy money that DBG is passing up and I cannot figure out what mechanism they are protecting, certainly it's not player made bags since those are pretty worthless through and through.

It's almost like they want you to keep switching accounts every time a new server comes out just so you can buy the bags. I'd much prefer they just allow you to buy all the 40 slot 100% wt reduction bags available, once per server.
  2. Coirnav Augur

Why let you buy a bag on one single account, when they can force you into subbing a second account and still buying the bag? Recurring RRU's look better on a finance sheet!
  3. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

I have ran 3 accounts on both Phinny and Agnarr with all buying at least one bag. I will be honest that if they let us just outright buy those bags for TLP server I would probably buying 2-4 per account if I planned on being there for over a years time. I imagine that would look good on a financial report as well..
    snailish likes this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

And, despite any conspiracy theories, it's a "technology" based limitation. We have a per account and a per character method. (And the per character is a "hack" on the per account method... we give you 999 "uses" per account, then make the item lore so it's only one per character.) We actually do not have a "per server" method. It's simply not in our capabilities.
    Giving 2 certainly doesn't fix it to "per server" because it would still be "per character" limited to 2 characters... no server restriction.
    The only "per server" thing we have at all is artifacts... which is per server PERIOD... so only one character PERIOD (not one of your character's but one character over the whole server of every account on that server) can have it. Certainly not what you are asking for.

So the rationale is: We don't have the ability to do a "per server" claim.
  5. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

Would it be possible to just list them on the DB store outright to buy whenever and how ever many people deem necessary?

I can understand the possible "Balance" concern of someone day one dropping a wad of cash for 8 bags day one but I feel the convenience does not cause a big enough imbalance to warrant the concern considering the possible revenue that could be gained.
  6. Hateseeker Augur

So why aren't the bags limited per character instead of per account? As for "balance", it's storage space...QoL...
  7. ayoforYayoh Augur

My favorite comment so far was how were somehow "forced" to buy these bags in the first place.

Adult teenagers are an interesting thing to study. I'll get more popcorn as i continue my research.
    eepok likes this.
  8. Coirnav Augur

But I like the conspiracy theory...stop making so much sense! ;)
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  9. Runes Augur

You actually have a very easy methodto get around this..put a 40 slot bag token for the appropriate DBG cash and then person buys the tokens and submits a ticket to have the bags added to inventory by a GM.
    Before you say it cannot be done..I have had a bag transferred before between servers. If you say it would be a waste of time..there would be hundreds of requests for multiple bags..the DBG cash cow alone would justify the time effort..hell would pay to hire some high school coder to just do it as their internship job.
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Would be nice if the bags just became, buy as many as you need through all the methods

Cash = price as it stands
    DBG cash = something real high to make even more profit
    Krono = something beyond high to drain the krono economy
  11. Darchias Augur

Everquest code is old. While I wouldn't doubt there is, somewhere, a high school student with interest enough in archaic programming techniques, finding him would be a different matter. Having a GM moderated system would strain their ability to use GM's for their intended purpose and the additional revenue might, honestly, not be worth enough money to hire enough extra GMs to balance the workload.

Of course, I don't work there and don't know the numbers, so maybe I'm wrong.
  12. Malicre Journeyman

Would buying a "bag token" from the store and turning it in to an in game npc not work?
    Crayon123 likes this.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Just biding our time until Pantheon with bags...
  14. Crayon123 Augur

Such innovation, much wow.
  15. Brunlin Augur

Its pretty much that now. They just now changed the name allowing you to buy it now again. Once the server goes live they will change the name again, I promise this...and you will be able to buy it again. They change the name every so often and each time it will again unlock on your account.

Hell Naw to the Naw
  16. Turinbar Augur

Blizzard developers must gasp, shake their heads or just laugh when they see how ancient EQ is. The coding in WoW is 10x better.
  17. Vanrau Augur

You can say that about any huge company that has tons of resources when you compare them to tiny companies. Apples and oranges.
  18. Zansobar Augur

Blizzard made many many billions off of WoW, the real question is with that many resources, why does WoW suck so bad?
  19. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Same reason pop music sucks so terribly yet is insanely popular (hence pop.). It's geared toward basic people.
  20. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I do not understand why they are limited in the first place. Why not sell as many to people as people are willing to buy?

Honestly, I wouldn't buy them for real $ anyway. But do some of you really feel that there is "competition" or fun that revolves around inventory management?

If so, you play for very different reasons than I do.