Heroic Rogue

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Ricice_Milner, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Belexes ForumQuester

You use your poison potion and you use your envenomed blades AA. Those will be the two poison looking buffs in your buff window.

To reduce agro in combat make sure you have your aggro meter window up and your target's target window up and put them near each other. This way getting aggro and getting attacked doesn't seem to come out of nowhere. You can monitor how your attacks are affecting your aggro meter.

You don't use sneak for reducing aggro. When your aggro meter starts to climb, just hit your hide button while you are fighting.

I duo my rogue with my SK and never have to hit the hide button. In raids, I do sometimes, depending on what the tank is doing, but I rarely have to worry about grabbing aggro. If I see the meter getting over 25% on the bar, then I start hitting the hide button.

I am not the best rogue or the best raider, but this is what I do. The big thing you have to worry about in raids is when switching targets when following MA. If you beat the tank there and start in on the mob, you aggro meter will peg out very fast and you might not be able to stop attacking and hit escape before you die. This is why you have those two windows up. You can see who the mob has targeted and decide to attack or not.

In group play, if you have a competent tank or pet class, it is rarely an issue getting hit because you grab aggro. Sometimes if a pet is tanking, I see my meter creep up, but if you just hit your hide button, you will see some reduction.

If you want to fade, then you should not be attacking. You hit escape to fade, move away and get under SoS ASAP. That means hitting sneak and hide. That will ensure you are hidden once you hit escape. Escape doesn't work every single time either.

Like I said, I am not the best rogue or best player, but this works for me.
  2. Belexes ForumQuester

Heile,

Thanks for the info on the poisons. I only use the primary and didn't really know about secondary. I never even thought to ask.
  3. fransisco Augur

Some poisons have proc mods and do less damage/deagro than others.
    Take Solusek's Burn vs Pyrilen Burn.

Solusek does more damage and reduces agro more, but Pyrilen has a 103 proc mod. Is one poison line always better than the otehr?
  4. segap Augur

In most cases, just use the poison summoned by clicking your legs as your damage poison. If you're trying to maximize dps, use the expansion specific dps poison for your level. It's not a big enough boost to worry about in group content very often

The secondary poisons are of value for things like moloing or when you're with a weak tank. Stuff like slowing your target, reducing your aggro (the poison from your legs does have an aggro reduction as well) or other debuffs. They're mostly situational and you just need to learn when they're helpful and not waste them when they're not. Most people ignore the poison mats, so even if you put a high price on a bazaar buyer, you're unlikely to get many.
  5. Zurutza New Member

Hi all,

id like to throw in a question about the secondary poisons if i may. I was playin a lot in a group without a slow and was hopin i could at least somehow do a little slowin with the Myrmidon's Sloth Poison. I managed quite reliable to apply the poison debuff on the enemy but it just vanished after a random time (most of the time after a few seconds or almost immediatly. Is there a way to make sure the Poison debuff stays on the mob as long as possible and why does the debuff vanish - does the enemy roll a poison remove check every tick or something like that?
  6. segap Augur

According to the spell data, it has a duration of one tick (six seconds). It needs to keep getting applied via procs from you.
  7. Zurutza New Member

aah thx for the answer. This just might be it. I got confused with the tooltip of the debuf on the enemy sayin it would last for several hours which sounded strange to begin with.