SHAMANS RUN! INCOMING NERF BAT!

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Nnewg Kahnzerson, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Ghubuk Augur

Nice smart alec remark but at max canni, it is 44k mana......so that is 1/2 your mana back is it? If you are going to reply with a snide remark, at least have your facts straight.
  2. Gnomereaper Augur

Priests originally received a -10% healing negative modifier on healing spells, they were rather harsh about cleric +10% bonus. Shamans are an adps class that has dps potential that wears chainmail.

Druids are a dps class.

The healing class part was in part because clerics were over represented in the healing arena, and had basically no abilities. It wasn't The Serpent Spine expansion when clerics received their AC returns equal to bards, and equally saw multiple new spell lines and massive updates and changes. At that point would I even refer to the birth of the cleric as a real class, because prior to that Complete Heal was a complete abomination of game design.

The priest class in World of Warcraft as specifically designed to NOT BE an Everquest cleric.

Since then, druids and shamans have received more cleric healing tools and more healing tools while this time they have received a dps nerf that has reduced their usefulness. I just notice that there are fewer druids than I saw years ago. That to me is a problem, for one of the most popular classes in the game.

If the dps end of a druid suffers, then there's no want to play one. Just play a cleric instead. The same with a shaman, who has several areas of expertise. However, to partition the healing classes and penalize them in the opposite direction is also a problem.

Class balance doesn't exist. It's all relative.

People play a druid to play a dps/healer class.

People play a shaman for various reasons as well.

I'd like to not see homogenization go too far in the other direction, where every priest class deals low dps. Clerics, ya we play a low dps class that uses healing+dps to get things done. We know that sacrifice, we know that low dps is a part of the class. It's accepted.

But between the nerf and the rate of the nerf is a bit much for the archetype. Differences are needed, and druids and shamans should out dps clerics and be respectable on parsing.

The only thing you do is drive more druids to play clerics, when we need people playing different classes for their preferred reasons. Having too high dps is one thing, having low too low dps with bad mana conversion rates are equally bad.

What we need to see is the Necromancer dot lines redone correctly, then priest dots should have been redone after that. However, the priests were used as the test case rather than Necromancers.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Testing it on my shammy right now. Hold pls.
  4. Jubura New Member

I did a quick check but didn't go that deep in the matter and numbers yet.

But is seems we are back to our old, pre-DoT fix / consolidation, standard eq level dots ?

And we can't stack any spells with in a line, so no stacking 2 , 3 , 4 levels of the same dot....
  5. Brohg Augur

testing? Testing whether or not 44k is half or actually a quarter of a modern mana pool? Testing ... arithmetic?
  6. Brohg Augur

no.
  7. MiataDriver Augur

I wouldn't mind the nerf so much if they had also reduced the mana cost.
    Flowst likes this.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Ok so for my grp geared Shammy it went from 51% mana up to 84%. 33% in full T2 grp gear all slots.

+33% (grp geared) to mana bar every 2 minutes. That is the ability as it is on my alt shammy. I do not see why shammies are complaining about dot mana when they can do this. Can you explain to me?
  9. Brohg Augur

maybe - and I know this is kinda out there, but MAYBE - they're killing more than one mob every two minutes? just spitballin'
  10. Schatze Journeyman

DB really broke druids this time. It should not take me a full bar of mana and over three minutes to dot down a mob. My mana pool is NOT the issue, I am the top druid on my server, fully raid geared. Daybroke, this is a nightmare.
  11. Flowst New Member

So....without running the precise math...I can count on approximately 60% less damage from before, but they left the high mana cost intact?
    That's fun Daybreak, thank you. Glad the servers are packed with paying customers.
  12. Schatze Journeyman

Thats about the size of it. Tick off the people that provide your paycheck. What a way to run a business.
  13. Ghubuk Augur

It is absolutely disgraceful how they did this. To bring the dots down that much but leave the mana costs as high as they are make me think they don't care at all about the game. I have never felt this way about a nerf in the past but I cannot wrap my head around how they could push this out the way they did without knowing that it makes no sense at all.
    I mean, I get that they felt druids and shaman needed a dps nerf but to leave the mana cost the same...................?? There is no way they did this without knowing it was bad but went and did it anyway.
  14. Schatze Journeyman

Add to that the fact that they refuse to even respond to paying customers.They either know they screwed up and are hiding in shame or they simply dont care.
  15. Stephen51 Augur

I'm not so sure about a full bar + 50% whenever they like, but I know they can regain a large amount of mana maybe every 4/5 mins. Although that seems quick that's too long to use a full load of DOTs to be used every pull. I was also talking about Druids, who don't have nearly as good mana regen abilities.

It would take too long to go over what others have already said, but all healers have always had a way to damage mobs, the least effective/most niche was the cleric and this was because they were widely considered by many to be the best healer. Other healers had less effective heals but more effective damage spells.

You may be right in your 'thought' DGB may want to move classes back to more traditional roles, and that may mean reducing that classes secondary rolls. How will dps classes reactive to that if they are targeted? Reduction of armour class, increase in mana for healing/non-dps spells/discs.

Will priests be justified in posting " ya'll are dps. In this game that means your primary roll is dps and you don't need whatever was nerfed?"
  16. Schatze Journeyman

Druids have always been kiters. That is also in the description of druids. Well they ruined that, didn't they?
  17. Ninelder Augur

This is the equivalent, reduce all tank classes DPS to that of a tank merc so that they cannot DPS. Reduce all melee AC so that they cannot tank. Reduce all hybrid heals so that they cannot heal. Make it so that pet classes can either do dps or tank not both. Then you will understand what they did here.
    chocster likes this.
  18. Schatze Journeyman

Historically, druids have also been kiters. Efficient soloers is the phrase used by Everquest. Well, thats been ruined, now hasn't it?
  19. Whulfgar Augur

Hi New guy welcome to eq.
  20. Schatze Journeyman