Increase cost of mercs?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Intenso, Feb 10, 2018.

1. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I am sorry you felt attacked by me. And I forgive your insults. As I tried to explain in my last response, your initial suggestion, without any clarification, appeared to be asking for something for free. You have now clarified your suggestion and I see that you want F2P players to be able to pay DBG for the right to buy and sell items. You have established that you are not asking for that for free.

You misunderstand my position, however, if you think I believe anything needs to be changed (with mercs, as this thread is titled) or that I want items to be "more commonly available" as you seem to be discussing. I do not share that belief.

I do not believe DBG should divert any resources to F2P players unless there is an obvious market for those players, which will provide MORE income than the current system of All Access-paying players. To do so would only further dilute their resources for no overall gain, and probably even a loss.

I believe your suggestion would not bring in more income, but actually less, as many of the existing paying players would no longer need to pay as much to be able to participate in the /baz or /bar. That is your goal, right? To avoid paying the monthly fee? As I said in my first post, I don't think DBG is in that business.
  2. ptah Augur

OK so with RoS my personal result maybe different than others.. I will try and explain.. only target is myself.

So I mix in a few different toons.. mostly 2 box and attempt to add other players over mercs.. but mercs do happen often as others don't trust the guild tag or hate on that zone.. etc whatever the reason players over mercs if when possiible

Main story is based on Group gear Warr currently at 107. 11k mostly in self farmed TS gear from RoS.. started in OT and moved to Goro.. Currently in love with ST.. Non named atm unless to shiny line up looks excited to attempt.. 99% trash cleans on targeted mobs.

Second box is 110 bard that is an active raider.. just not raid geared.. mostly TS geared.. holding out on EoK raid gear til DKP is earned.. Noted I'm a returning player.. so many lists and things on lists to do.. but RoS grinding is where I find the most fun and rewards atm.

I do use 2 merc clrs to start off.. and active seek to replace asap.. I draw from a fellowship that runs hot and cold based what or who is logged in.. more followers than a leader.. goal driven fellowship.

We stock pile and share TS items together.. Attempt to max what we can do and use.. vs doing other things we cannot.

Now to the OP. Never before in playing EQ have I found stock pile of both TS items and vender fodder so passively strong. we do barter off some things and have few mules to sell over.. of the pp team and leader keeps us rolling.. and stock items to TS your heart out if that's what you want.

Last night look at share resources.. fellow got more TS items shared than the market on my server.. I'm sure there is more items not seen. For example.. a daily grind in ST. 1 or 2 hours based on what is going on.. we see few ores, more silk than I want to see.. conflagrant diamonds, blue and regs. etc its to the point I don't like looting duty.

So last night I added in a 90 rogue with us.. sure is he is low dps.. but he did loot chores and add some nice jokes.. the bard adps hits him.. didn't feel like we lose any dps vs a 110 dps merc.. and its fun to see people chatting and general happy.

If I cant get others to join me its merc heavy and burn out quickly.. boring. From what I see and do.. the cost of mercs is non issue.. I don't care if cost more or less...

Noted the only things or items I buy are collections from zones I don't like to be in.. currently SF.. as I lack EotD.. its on the list.. I know I need it done.. but so don't wanta leave ST atm.. super fun.

I understand the solo player boxed or non boxed may find it harder to lone wolf it.. but its a social game design.. power is in numbers and knowledge.. and having fun keeps us returning.

Next job is a return to FF and getting them augs down.. currently we lack an assist caller that is quick enough to get the burst dps correctly targeted needed targets.. and I cant do it all myself..

Have and nice day and wave to those that have assisted me ingame and on these boards with knowledge and other things.. the yelling and kicks help get me going as well..

Ptah
  3. Gnomereaper Augur

Absolutely not, try coming back to the game having to buy new gear and pay for a merc at the same. It's ludicrous.
  4. Tornicade_IV Augur

I have one account. I read about the broker tokens and set up a ftp account for a trade and discovered that the broker tokens were only available in EQ2/
    I am not trying to avoid paying for anything as I have never had a broker or trader outside of an alt that I use sparingly. Most of my farmed items are sold either to barter or put in the guild bank.

However if there was an offline system on my account or a Broker system for f2p accounts. I would probably use it.

However the people who have 3 or 4 accounts and do have trade accounts. I doubt any of them are actually paying for those accounts. the people giving them plat for those farmed items are.

once again a broker system would generate income just as it does in EqI . probably on a larger scale.

as far as asking for things to improve the vale of the subscription or adding features to add to an expansion. those do generate revenue.

for instance. 2 aa lines that cast my self buffs for me wasn't enough to purchase ROS.

an offline Trader function on my account. heck yeah I would of bought it two weeks after I got EOK for half price.

You don't work for DBG. you don't what they make from what or which microtransactions are used at one scale. I ll let DBG decide where and to what to devote their resources.

In the meantime Bazaar prices are too high and tradeable items being available for trade regardless if the player is online or not makes for more competitive pricing and better deals for returning players and casuals who are looking for stuff in a market priced for rich alts.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  5. Tornicade_IV Augur

so because you have people giving your free stuff ...you think merc cost should be raised.

There is nothing that this does but increase cost in the market and slow down progression of low level mains.

looks like you didn't need higher priced mercs to force you to group.
  6. Millianna Augur

I’d rather DBG use resources for f2p who legitimately plays the game, instead of diverting resources to someone who’s attempting to use the game as a secondary source of income.
  7. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

As has been detailed in other posts, the concept of using EQ as a viable source of income is virtually impossible. Fake news.
  8. Millianna Augur

Where is your evidence? The only thing that is fake here is your post.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

You are a peach :p As it turns out, we've actually had this conversation before. Here's a link to a hypothesis I submitted regarding how unlikely it is that there are any people making a living off of EQ, simply because EQ is too small to support that kind of secondary economy (there really are not enough people playing):

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ket-out-of-control.243497/page-4#post-3578762

I know you've already read it, since you (and I :) ) were very active in that thread.

I really do recommend that thread to anybody with some time on their hands. It was so very entertaining!
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Skyfire itself won't change much with EotD. The ae's from the drakes above and such will still affect you.
    It's only the skyfire group mission (end of an empire) where it's pretty much critical.
  11. Millianna Augur

Yes, we already had the conversation about your support for AFK bot farming.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Please don't slander me. I have never said anything of the sort.
  13. Millianna Augur

There is absolutely no slander involved. Go check your own post.
  14. Taldiwen New Member

15. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Out of curiosity, I followed the link and used my browser's Find feature to search for ANY occurrences of "afk". There are none on the page. From anybody.

Desperately trying to understand and assume that you were not just making something up, I performed a search of these entire forums for any posts including the phrase "afk bot farm", made by my username. Zero results.

Well, now it might return this post :)

You, sir, are guilty of libel. Thanks for the clarification, @Taldiwen :)

I already knew you were wrong, because that isn't my stance. Feel free to have the last word, or however many you want. I'm done wasting my time talking to you. For tonight, anyways :)
    Taldiwen likes this.
  16. Millianna Augur

I’ll give you a hint - go read your arguments on “accidentally” training bots, it’s about a year or so ago.
  17. Smak Augur

if you want to lower platinum in circulation, issue executive order 42. that confiscates all coins in circulation and issues kronotes, paper currency that is worth fractions of a krono.
  18. ptah Augur

Just for the record there is no one gifting.. My set up is a fellowship that shares Matz we all earn together. Largely we adventure together.. yes we are anti merc. We work together, earn together, and have dirt naps together.

Appears the some people just don't understand a solid team of real players non box crushs and can be rewarding both fun factor and worthless items. The shares common interests and works together.. maybe that is not possible for all.. but try and build a network of players within a fellowship that works together.. can be really rewarding to share adventures. this goes beyond eq.. its a social part of spending time with others and not being a loner.

Effort over request for gimmie
  19. Tornicade_IV Augur

no we just don't understand why because you have a nice set up that you like.and don't care for mercs. you believe others should pay more for their merc.

You don't think the majority of us at one time or anther haven't had a group of friends or guild that was beneficial and never ending for groups?

If I don't have a merc .I cant form 90% of the groups I make.

Your advice that I should find me a fellowship of guys who want to play and do the exacts thing I want to do when I want to and ho w I want to. is just unreasonable.

The fact that you want to make my playstyle that has allowed me to form a community guild of many returning players of a wide variety levels more costly and difficult just because you have buddys you farm mats with is rather reprehensible to me

I have buddy's too but I don't expect them to do whatever I want nor do they expect me to do whatever they want.

There is literally no valid reason to increase merc cost and increasing merc cost would not allow the op to accomplish their stated objective.
  20. Aurastrider Augur

I love the social aspect of EQ. There are people I look forward to chatting with when I log in every night assuming they are online. Most of them like me box and we are all at different places in this game in terms of progression and overall what we consider fun not to mention our playing times don't always match up. With that said there are other times I log in and I just want to vegetate. Being a loner at times is not a bad thing. Some of us get overly stimulated with social interactions in RL and having some time stuck in our own head to unwind is healthy. I am cool with being labeled a loner in game by some because in RL most consider me a very approachable and social person. In order to maintain my own sanity I need some me time where I don't have to worry about other peoples issues or problems since that's what I literally do for a living and every day at home.