Request, shared bank slot cross servers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smak, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Smak Augur

For standard live servers, can you add a shared bank slot that can be accessed from any live server? So we could move stuff between servers of the same ruleset.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

While this would be a nice QOL thing it would dip into their profits from those who do cross server sales. To offset this there would probably have to be some kind of store transaction associated with this upgrade.
  3. Critts Augur

This isn’t that bad of an idea.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not sure how this would work since all servers do not have the same economy. Can easily foresee abuse and trickery with cross server shared banks. Say on my server rabbit hats are selling for 5 copper but on your server they sell for 500 plat so I would buy up all the ones on my server and shared bank them to your server where my baz mule would make a ton. Then your server economy would dive and become like a third world country since everyone would do the same with other items.

One word: Krono.
  5. Sagarmatha Augur

TERRIBLE idea. HORRIBLE idea.

It would send the various servers' economies into chaos. Why do you think there is a currency exchange rate between RL countries? Economics 101.

The cheaters would also find ways to the game and other players if such a thing was possible.

Did I mention it's a TERRIBLE idea? In every way imaginable.
    Osu112401 likes this.
  6. Osu112401 New Member

Aye, as CatsPaws said, the krono situation alone would be insane. Definitelty not a very well thought out request at all.
  7. Osu112401 New Member

Awful and stupid idea.
  8. Smak Augur

About the bazaar, players only post items for what they will sell them for, and others only pay the price if they are willing to pay it. If the shared bank slot was in across live servers, a player selling an item could login to any server and check prices before selling an item. Or they could move the item to whatever server would be most profitable.

And different countries and their currency is no different than parents forcing their children to stay in their own yard. For the people who live for money, borders and currency exchange are no impediment.

And its about profit loss from server transfers, then charge 100 daybreak cash to deposit an item, 1000 daybreak cash to deposit a container.
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

Overall, I'm not a fan of this idea. However, if it were implemented as working on ONLY heirloom items that do not have the attuneable tag (i.e. they wouldn't be tradeable to other accounts on any server) it wouldn't be 100% a bad idea.
  10. fransisco Augur

Ya, Kronos ruin the economy of all TLPs. This would enable kronos to do just as much damage to live servers
  11. smash Augur

Stupid idea.

Would ruin servers economy.

Would cost dbg a large amount of RL money. 100-1000 are nothing when players get 500 for free each month... forget it.
  12. Jalelorf Augur

The krono situation would be insane? How did you come to that conclusion? Krono are account based items which means you can have a krono on your account, log into any toon on any server, and the krono will follow you.
  13. Zamiam Augur

krono's can already be bought and sold via cross servers cause Krono's are account based and no matter what server your on you can buy low on one server and then just log into another server and sell what you just bought for higher .. ?? unless im missing something which i very well could be ..
  14. Aurastrider Augur

I think the idea is while the krono is accessible on every server your ability to buy them on other servers with your plat is not as easy to do. This new method would basically allow servers with higher volumes of plat to swoop in on others servers with lower volumes of plat and buy up all the resources such as the krono since the natives on that server cant compete with the pure amount of wealth from these other players. This already happens with people doing server transfers as it is but not on a large scale. This system after initially thinking it would be a nice QOL improvement might actually turn out to be a huge QOL killer for anyone without deep pockets. I do agree with the above poster that it would be a decent idea if the items were limited to no trade heirloom items which would have little to no impact on any of this. Basically this would just allow people to utilize expansion and prize pack/LON items they paid real money for across multiple servers they play on.
    fransisco likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No NO NO NO NO

Each server has its own economic climate, this would totally ruin that.
  16. roth Augur

I think TC is just looking to cut costs when trying to sell stuff across servers.

Like so many others in this thread, I think it is a HORRIBLE idea.
  17. Smak Augur

How would increasing supply from what is on your server, to what supply exists on all live servers, increase costs to purchase?

It would be a huge increase in supply.

There would be fluxuations at first, but then things would normalize at lower prices in my un-economically-educated opinion
  18. Aurastrider Augur

There would be no actual increase in supply unless there was an increase in farming. For the servers that have a higher surplus of plat there would be an influx of goods going there way while the servers with less plat would see less resources as they would be shifted to other servers. This in tern would create a supply/demand issue on the servers with less plat ultimately resulting in less supply and a possible increased demand on these servers which will only drive up the price of goods making many items out of reach for those on the server without deep pockets. Sure things might flatten out on some items after some time but this will just add another element to economicquest taking players away from actual game play as they are stuck trying to track down what server has the cheapest prices for xyx items that they need. The only real good that would come of this is more availability of items in terms of variety but not quantity necessarily. I could see this being good for things like prize packs maybe since these are basically LON items and the nice thing about LON was you could make a trade in LON while transferring krono's to someone from a totally different server making it much easier to obtain items you really wanted. It would also make pricing goods a total crap shoot since you are now not just competing with traders on your own server but also traders on every server. Throw in the barters and it becomes an even bigger headache as people might stop selling to barters on their own server and let things built up and then do price checks on other servers before they start offloading their goods onto buyers further diminishing the amount of supplies on their own server.
  19. Angahran Augur

Make it only for Heirloom items.
    That way it has no impact on server economy but people can still pass items to their other characters.
  20. Smak Augur

If stockpiles of platinum on servers are what people hate, if they drive prices high and impact players purchasing power, then why not just have some sort of eq timeline event where all platinum gold silver and copper are deleted. Take it off the metal standard and let something else become the currency.

Or just a reset button and let farmers go to work rebuilding stockpiles of plat.

At the same time this happens, link the bazaar to all servers so you can buy and sell to and from any server.