The Agnarr Kill-Stealing Epidemic

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Celestias, May 31, 2017.

1. Your_Ad_Here Augur

In truth, I don't think they will do anything. And this isn't making excuses for DBG in any way. Just facts.

DBG cut costs, let people off, and shrunk many programs. Losing many GMs caused the PnP to fall by the wayside. The only thing that DBG will take notice of and do something about (in their own time) is looking at claims of griefing in regards to training and KSing. But .. that's about it.

It may possibly calm down, or at least slow down, once people get bored of it or get what they want (but come on, we're talking about humans here. We always want something /wink).
    Celestias likes this.
  2. Risiko Augur

I apologize for not being more clear.

What I meant was that it will never be addressed and stopped completely. It never has, and it never will be.

I'm not condoning it, but a DEV said already in the forums here that they are not enforcing camps, and who ever out DPSs wins the mob. I don't have the link to the post, but I am sure you can search and find it.

If that doesn't clear it up, I don't know what to say.
    Celestias likes this.
  3. Celestias Journeyman

Yes, that clears up your thoughts :). Although I was already aware of this stance by DB, I still don't agree with it...which was the basis for my posting here. Thanks for your thoughts and although it is likely they may never address it I would think that if enough complaints come down they may change their stance.
  4. Throndor Augur

What part of contested is so hard to understand? If two people/groups (groups vs people, raids vs groups) are waiting on a spawn, they both have equal rights to it. This isn't Lawyerquest, like on P99 where there are artificial rules in place to keep players from competing for a mob, and to be completely fair a number of guilds recently LEFT P99 because of this. You've ruined your own lands, you'll not ruin mine.
  5. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

It's only going to get worse. Alot worse. Good luck!
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Last night I just log go to SolA, ask the guy camping exg it how long he's going to be his response "Long as I want nothing you can do about it"

I log in 5 boxes and take the camp and watch as he about it in /ooc :D

People like that are the main reason I enjoy the no rules enforcement.
    Talladore, Risiko and Tevez like this.
  7. Idiots New Member

Obviously you don't understand game development. What he is talking about has been done in wow. You can't ks. Get real idiot.
  8. Hinastorm86 Augur

Middle school didn't let out till later june in my day, how times have changed.
  9. nestharus Journeyman

I was considering resubscribing to EverQuest until certain games came out to pass the time, but Agnarr seems just as toxic as Phinigel, Ragefire, and Lockjaw were :/. Faceless and other "elite" guilds seem to be just as big of a problem as ever. I remember when I was in Velk's Castle camp and the guild leader of AoS spammed us with trains until he wiped our group and then moved a guild group in and took the camp.

I think my days of EQ are done. Don't want to deal with this stuff anymore. I remember people being nice way back when, but that doesn't seem to be the case nowadays. After going through 2 servers of this bs, I've had enough.

I was close to resubbing to EverQuest and this thread reminded me why I never wanted to give money to DBG ever again. Thanks for reminding me of why I cancelled my subscription in the first place.

I'd pay $25.00 a month for a premium server with a guide program and GM policing with no boxing, no krono, and no cash shop. I don't want to play EQ to be harassed and griefed and assaulted by more P2W bs.

That is all.

Thanks for taking the time to read ^_^

~nes
  10. Risiko Augur

Agnarr is not nearly as toxic as the forums would have you believe. The vast majority of my interactions with people in game on Agnarr has been VERY positive.

Are there negative people in game? Yes. We simply ignore them, and move on. That's how life works. You don't let the negative people ruin your experiences. If you do, you've already lost.
    Talladore likes this.
  11. Risiko Augur

Hahahahaha!!! THIS is why I like the fact that DBG will not crack down on you for it. When someone is a complete butthole to you, you should be allowed to show them there are consequences for their actions.
  12. daffie999 Augur

The persons post in question was claiming that anything that you can do in game should be allowed. He is basically saying that nobody should ever be punished for griefing because the developers should simply "code" the game so you cannot grief. That statement not only shows a lack of understanding with game development, but also the extent people go to in order to grief others.

There are too many people out there that enjoy trying to ruin the experience of others. Even if they believe it is within the rights of the game, they fail to have any empathy towards another player.

Could they add FTE code? Yes. They could do that. They did that in WoW and many other games. It didn't stop people from doing all sorts of BS. Green dragons were highly griefed on every server. On P99, I've seen a lot of angry people over the FTE rule. In EQ it's very simple to engage a mob and then simply kite it.

So I will say it again... people that try to justify any sort of griefing simply lack empathy. Be nice. Pretty simple.
    Celestias likes this.
  13. Amygdala New Member

The Krono farm is real.
  14. Tullian Journeyman

I get that there will always be major competition for some items/flagging specially when a expan opens and that DBG isn't going to do much about it like SoE tried to in the past but when have people (not saying who or what guild on agnarr but if you've been to the deep you know) griefing or jumpnig picks just to sit on top of a group to KS for exp is a little much and DBG should start stepping in.
  15. How Bazaar Lorekeeper

By all means, let's get the Dev's to bring in EQ2 locked encounter mechanics....they already brought in mob leashing.../smh
  16. Crayon123 Augur

The community has just changed over the years. If you see someone complaining about being KS'd in a general channel people will laugh and ridicule them. Years ago, the offender would be the one at fault and their reputation would suffer. It's almost edgy and trendy to be a KS'er and camp stealer, the 'Alpha' so to speak. Bro culture, dem gainz, do u even lift!?
    Tounces7 likes this.
  17. Hateseeker Augur

Yes, but in the case you're responding to, it was accomplished through the use of bringing more boxed accounts than the other player. And I suspect that statistically speaking, bringing more boxed accounts than others is far far more often used by the bad guys than it is used fight back against the bad guys And, chances are, in either kind of case, it isn't just boxing (which is fine), but is assisted by third party programs. If the other guy comes back with 10 boxed accounts to beat the 5 you brought, now what? Yes, you can bring more of your own but is an arms race really the answer?

I do believe that, in the current climate of barebones in-game CSRs forcing them to cancel PnP, it is, indeed, more fair to use DPS-racing instead. But not if 3rd party boxing assist programs are allowed.

And yes, I know this was a necroed post. Edit: and yes, I know there are TrueBox servers. I don't trust the effectiveness of their TrueBox efforts against third party programs.
  18. MaxTheLion Augur

Can always count on days with the servers down to have a bunch of random necro threads.
  19. HappyPanda Augur

One of those threads where you have to start reading backwards until you find the necro just so you can place some context on it.
  20. jeskola pheerie

Don't blame the poor Necros!