So what’s the down time for the patch?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deillusional, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Lianeb Augur

The patch is almost always the 3rd Weds of the month. It is almost always at 6:30AM pst. And believe it or not it is almost always eta 6 hours. It has been like this and hasn’t changed for like 15 years.

I fail to see how this surprises people, announcement or not.

3rd Weds 6:30pst. It’s actually more surprising when it is not then.
    Thesehips, Geroblue and feeltheburn like this.
  2. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

My garbage gets picked up every Thursday morning. I was told this when I subscribed to the service. But still, I would like a weekly reminder via text, mail, email, and a house-visit by a company representative.

/s
    Boze likes this.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I'm not sure why you would post this. It's really easy to fact check, and totally wrong. Both the beginning times and estimated downtimes vary often. Here's the last 5 monthly updates, none of which meet both of your "almost always" criteria:

Servers are scheduled to be unavailable for approximately 5 hours. -January 2018

Estimated downtime is approximately 5 hours. -December 2017

Downtime is expected to last up to 7 hours. -November 2017 (this one started at 5:30 pacific, not 6:30)

Estimated downtime is approximately 7 hours. -October 2017

Estimated downtime is approximately 6 hours. -September 2017 (this one started at 6:00 pacific, not 6:30)
  4. kizant Augur

I hope that's a joke.
  5. Grish Augur

This information you posted is highly inaccurate. People are asking for the specifics, which actually are usually given.

The patches have varied from 2 hrs to 24 hours for the past 19 years, it's not always been the 3rd Wednesday of the month and there has almost always been a corresponding post with their exact estimate. It also hasn't always started at 6:30am PT.

How about we get an actual answer from someone that knows instead of acting as if it's so obvious that there is no reason to post at all.
    svann likes this.
  6. Cicelee Augur

No offense, but do you honestly believe they know when it finishes?

It finishes when it finishes. The best course of action IMHO is not to plan for any raids on that day for European guilds. That way you can never be disappointed when it says six hours and ends up taking nine...
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Eckish Lorekeeper

The last few patches have all ended a few hours early of their estimates. So, I'm not sure an estimate would be useful, unless they are expecting a wildly different experience like a 24 patch.
  8. Deillusional Augur

We are just after a guestimate.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Gendor Journeyman

Monthly patch times have always been advertised as 5-6 hours.

They have always advertised that the time is +/- a variable depending on problems discovered.

People have always complained about the advertised time not being accurate.

I'm not surprised they did not put a time, that would give people something to complain about if it's not ready within the advertised time, and now people are complaining that there is no time... Moral of the story, people are going to complain no matter how hard you work and try and appease a varried base of players.
  10. Roxxlyy Augur

ETA for today was about 4 hours, should be up by 10:30 AM PT at the latest, unless the downtime has to be extended for whatever reason (it shouldn't, but knock on wood).

Apologies.
    Yinla, Goldenscale, svann and 3 others like this.
  11. Lily Augur

There is no "always", which is why people like to see information posted.
    svann likes this.
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Oh my goodness, how does the common man make sense of, it has always been this way, it's never the same.
    4hrs=yay
    5-6hrs=normal (no reason to be surprised)
    up to 8hrs=sad face:( stuff happens
    9hrs=Ok forums break out the pitchforks!:rolleyes:
    Dragon Jockey and Sheex like this.
  13. Geroblue Augur

14. svann Augur

Posted at 10am that servers should be up at 10:30. ok, yea
  15. Jetboy Lorekeeper

Usually at some point you could at least patch the files before the servers were back up. As of 10:45 a.m. PST when this update was to be finished (approx.) you aren't even able to get this part completed.
    Metanis likes this.
  16. Restac Journeyman

well its going on 11 now and servers are still down
  17. Beastlordz New Member

Hey Roxxlyy ok 30 mins past the downtime what is is going on???
    Restac likes this.
  18. Fohpo Augur

Clearly they're running behind? Or maybe the sky is falling and EQ is being shut down for good... you pick.
    feeltheburn and Metanis like this.
  19. Metanis Bad Company

/emote Metanis picks up a piece of the sky and beings to eat it. Tastes like chicken!
  20. Heile Lorekeeper

that's my vote