Are exploits allowed now?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rage_Sk, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Rage_Sk Journeyman

While I understand emp and some of VT has been fixed, there is a lot of others that have not been. As the community has accepted the idea that everyone does it that makes it ok attitude and no guilds have been banned/disbanded or suspended as they normally would have for such actions. Is this the official stance from the devs where we as the players may use any exploits we want with out fear or suspension or bans only that it may get fixed ? If this is the case, cool we are all on the same page. If it's not why was no action taken against the massive amount of guilds/players publicly using exploits?
    Yimin and potatoface like this.
  2. Domniatric Augur

What's the difference between an exploit and a clever tactic? You will probably get varying opinions. Which is why it is the developers responsibility to make that call and fix what they deem an exploit. Players are never going to police themselves like this.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  3. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

[IMG]
  4. welly321 Elder

90% of the playerbase had been convinced by their guild leaders and officers that exploiting Emperor Ssraeshza was perfectly fine and legitimate. These people were so deluded that they compared exploiting the Emperor out of his room (and bypassing the entire progression of Luclin) to pulling Trakanon or Naggy out of their lair.

I don't believe these players that blindly followed the leaders and officers deserve to be suspended.
  5. potatoface Journeyman

"We were just following orders!"
  6. welly321 Elder

You can even read my post "Any legitimate emperor kills yet" and see the mental gymnastics going on with these people while they try to defend their guilds exploit of Emperor. One guy from Rusty Dagger even called it a challenge to learn how to exploit him and said their kill was legitimate.
    Ronzark and potatoface like this.
  7. Xeris Augur

That's correct.
    Ronzark likes this.
  8. Death Strudel Augur

If you are not using 3rd party software, modifying memory, changing client execution, spoofing network traffic or otherwise compromising the execution of the game as delivered via the patcher, you are not breaking any rules.

If something is not working "as intended", the people responsible for that intent need to fix it. Anything players do with these bugs is not their fault, although perhaps there may be some uncomfortable reckoning if say, millions of plat were synthesized as a result, since there's no law forbidding DBG from simply taking it all away in any number of arbitrary and painful ways.

These are the rules. Anything else is whining and being upset that someone else is smarter than you are.
    Poledo_EQ and PathToEternity like this.
  9. welly321 Elder

This is flat out wrong. There have been numerous times people have been suspended or banned for using exploits in game. Are you new here?
  10. Dalrek_MM Elder

What TOS are you reading?

Cause mine says
    "You will not exploit any bug in EverQuest and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game), either directly or through public posting, to any other user of EverQuest. You will promptly report any such bug via the in-game "/bug" command."

and

"Disciplinary issues involving guilds may be addressed with the entire guild. Guilds whose members habitually violate these rules may be issued guild warnings and can even be permanently disbanded.

Guild Leaders and/or officers may be held accountable for any actions of their guild members, in addition to any other actions that may be taken. It is therefore the responsibility of the guild leadership to ensure that all guild members abide by these rules."

Also a history lesson...guilds can be banned for exploits..doesnt really happen much though

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=83
    Ronzark likes this.
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You are asking the wrong question....

Here ya go:

"When will exploits not be allowed?"
    Risiko, Talonthalis and Ronzark like this.
  12. Rage_Sk Journeyman

The guild Conquest was banned for using exploits in sleepers tomb. Legacy of steels officers were suspended for using an exploit in VT. There is a long history of guilds banned and suspended for these actions.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230629007-Everquest-Rules-of-Conduct

Speaking as someone who got banned for taking part in exploits (Claimgate 2016). It's all fine and dandy to use exploits, but to pretend that you aren't fully aware they are an exploit and that you aren't breaking the rules is just childish.
    DruidCT likes this.
  14. ShaggyGrant Journeyman

Basically the entire reason most guilds exploited emp right here

Any guild who wanted to be considered competitive for Luclin were basically required to exploit emp instead of pushing emp keys right away thanks to the agnarr progression site. I know our guild was planning on doing him legit until that post.
  15. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I'm gonna have to ask you to dial it down on your self-accountability, sir. That's not how Forum Quest works.
    Risiko likes this.
  16. HappyPanda Augur

It is a difficult issue.
    DBG doesn't just post expectations when they get asked on the forum (they have their reasons) which would greatly assist in explaining strategy choices.

Without that there is a huge spectrum with one side being the doing everything perfectly with no gimmicks and the other side being to cheese anything possible to save everyone more time and let people get on with their lives.

When you put a big golden nut like VT into that equation, it gets hard to explain why we should grind for 6 hours and get less than we can in 4 by just changing the pulls and such. Still killing the bosses, just doing it a bit different, clearing less trash.

Nobody goes into this blind though, if you have a problem with it, speak to your guild leader, find out the reasoning for why you are doing what you are doing. See if that is palatable to you or if you can even possibly influence what you are doing. If you can't agree with it, you have to make the hard choice and skip the raids or leave the guild or whatever you need to do so you can sleep at night.
  17. Death Strudel Augur

I mean it's great they have a rule to cover all scenarios and to make any banning & suspending they do seem legit, but are we psychic? How do we know what they intended? It's their job to deliver the intended experience, it's their failure to live up to our sub. Unless they inform us directly of a problem, then we cannot really believe it's not intended. But sure, they can ban for any arbitrary and capricious reason they wish, what's new? I don't know what claimgate is, perhaps you were getting items and it was so egregious you knew you shouldn't have been, but those situations are relatively rare.

What my guild leader thinks or believes is entirely irrelevant.

Every person should decide for themselves what is or is not acceptable, and when in conflict with their guild leader, inform him. It may take considerable force and numbers to sway him. The choice here for all but the poopsock-questers is to spend an extra 2-weeks waiting for sufficient people to claw their way through the human refuse, RMTers and trolls to get their key to get their loot, or to kill the boss immediately and get their loot. I take the second approach every time. Once the guild is keyed, IF they ever get keyed, it becomes a more a matter of how much extra time it takes to kill him in room versus elsewhere. I'll give it 15 minutes, after that I have other things to do, my time is valuable and my guild wastes so much of it on misguided principles already.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

When the mob is trapped behind a locked door in it's own little section of the zone with no other means of approach except said locked door. You can safely assume that they intended for you to find the key for that locked door and use it.

Don't be ridiculous.
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Ryak like this.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

The whole 17 years of precedent thing just carried a lot of weight to me...
  20. Death Strudel Augur

When the mob is brought to me, he is not in a locked room, and the person who brought him DOES have a key, and very much went right up to him, slapped him in the face, and ran away.

I am to assume this emperor, when pissed off, would not deign to leave his room and kill the intruders?

Don't be ridiculous.
    Johnwick likes this.