Agnarr: Is there enough low level population to still level at the moment?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nizumzen, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Nizumzen Journeyman

I'm just wondering if there is enough low-level population on Agnarr at the moment to be able to start from scratch? I've had problems in the past with EQ where if you didn't join a server as soon as it opened everyone out levelled you, and there were no low-level groups.

I mean I guess I could start a capable soloing class, but I do prefer to group at times.
  2. HappyPanda Augur

At this time, if you want to play on a PoP locked server, you would want to start on Agnarr.
    If not, you would want to start in 4 weeks on Coirnav.
    Probably where you want to end up will be most important factor.

Groups can be found on Agnarr but they are getting a bit sparse.
    Obviously on Coirnav there will be many.

If you are just looking to group and play and don't care where you are at, Agnarr is your best bet right now for low level groups, but that will definitely change in a few weeks.
    Risiko likes this.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

All the low level hot spots still have groups and sometimes multiple picks on Agnarr. It's a little slower during the day, but primetime is hopping. I've actually found there are more groups in Mistmoore now than there were at release, but there are less groups overall at that level now. Lower Guk is busy, South Ro is busy in the teens. I've been all over the low level zones the last few weeks and was surprised by how many people were there.
  4. Death Strudel Augur

The low level hot spots often have multiple picks, true. But you will find them primarily full of guild power levelling groups. Sometimes they aren't full and will let you in, but you'll have to ask. They're probably not looking to fill them out. You will have to be very pro-active about PUGing on Agnarr below 40.

Above 40, if you are playing DPS or some other over-represented role, you may still have to be very pro-active. Generally healers are still in demand, and enchanters who can stun-lock for AE groups are well loved.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I've seen one or two power leveling groups, but I've seen more LFG people and people sending tells to try and group. This has all been since the day after Luclin opened. The Beastlords and Kitties are everywhere. Paludal Caverns is hot with groups, just like Unrest was the first week. There are far less picks now, but the feeling is the same.

I'm guessing it wasn't like this a week before Luclin opened, and probably won't be again once these alts have leveled up. But right now, and more so a week ago, it's pretty good.
  6. Fluid Augur

I run a lot of alternates so I lag behind the bulk of the players that dedicate themselves to maxing a single character. What you are talking about is really only level 1-10ish depending on the character. Those levels are behind a new character the first weekend. Only restriction due to lack of payers would be if you want to chose something out of Qeynos or Halas: Both of those zones are sparsely populated. I would guess the path of least resistance would be Dwarf, Wood Elf, High Elf, or Gnome with fairly easy access to popular leveling areas. If you don't mind solo, Human & Halfing Druids can get around enough to make it to the Nexus or boat w/o too much trouble. People do start Erudites but that has to be the slowest and roughest newbie area to start from.

Even when you get to an area with grouping i.e. Unrest, the groups that form there do not change a lot. You could be waiting 5-6 hours for a group if you don't start your own.

And absolutely see if you can get buffs. I frequently get feed back like "I got a whole level off the buffs you gave me!"

Equipment is kind of crazy cheap and powerful right now. Solo doesn't hurt that bad when you can equip a character for a couple of hundred pp There are also experience potions available from DBG and both SoW and Concentration potions available in the bazaar.
  7. Poledo_EQ Elder

It's really dependent on where. I found groups at CB daily. The warrens? No so much.
  8. vylo Augur

You could just wait for Coirnav. If you play an enchanter, cleric, or tank, you will probably get group invites before you load into the game. It also won't be a ghost town with no new content in 5 months.

Practice on Agnarr a bit first to find the class you like and figure out your early leveling path.
  9. Crayon123 Augur

Just wait for Coirnav to come out in a few weeks, Agnarr is full of PL'ing groups at low levels, not much in the way of grouping in that level range much anymore.. mostly during prime-time only these days.

Not to mention, Agnarr is going to lose huge chunks of its population here in a couple months once Planes is released. I'm already seeing signs of attrition with folks seeing the writing on the wall with both Coirnav and the "Lock" coming in PoP.
  10. Tachyon Augur

I'll be honest, no there isn't. There is barely a mid to late level population.
  11. Bailen Augur

I've had luck finding groups in Marus Seru, DSP, Unrest.