The TLP forums are going to pass us in total posts count

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by AlmarsGuides, Feb 20, 2018.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

Edit: They actually passed us already in total posts but NOT in total threads.

Come on guys, we can't let that happen.

[IMG]
  2. Fohpo Augur

Too busy watching the anti-box crowd crusade against you
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

^ true words

I really am surprised though no one else has brought it up yet considering everyone on live loves to boast that there's more people playing on live than on TLPs. I know that the amount of people posting on these forums is in no way representative of the respective populations - but it is interesting that the TLP forums got so many more posters.

My theory is it's because live servers have both the Veteran's Lounge as well as Noobie Zone to post in while TLP players only have the TLP forums.

Figured though at least some people would find the situation funny.
  4. fransisco Augur

Its completely meaningless. The devs have stated that forum attendance is NOT indicative to the player population.
    So NO conclusion can be drawn from it. Any other statement has no basis in fact.
  5. Fohpo Augur

Combine posts from the two and you see a significant increase, I would venture that the TLP crowd may just be more vocal too.
  6. Eonan Journeyman

TLP shitposting is confined to a single area. LIVE's is spread across multiple areas ;)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

I think this has to do with a combination of things. For starters just looked at the first couple of pages there are multiple threads about "this is what the next tlp server should be". Literally countless duplicate threads started every day just to rehash the same idea over and over. Yes this happens on veterans lounge but not to the same extent. You also have the "I am a returning player or what class should I play" threads which for the most part on live those go to the newbie area. Then you combine the fact that each tlp server for the most part is at different areas in terms of progression and rule sets so you get multiple threads created about several topics where as on live for the most part all of the servers are the same and so if something is a potential issue on one server it is an issue on all servers and so only one thread is necessary to cover the issue vs yet again countless duplicate threads that just keep getting buried deeper and deeper down the line. If you took the majority of the threads there and condensed them the thread count would shrink drastically I would imagine.

Then there is the whole nostalgia crowd that comes back and thinks its 1999 and quickly realizes that the only thing 1999 about the game is the physical game and not the players for the most part. That nostalgia quickly wears off and there is a new thread made about how "I am leaving because of xyz". Not to say they don't have a more vocal player base but I think the same ideas just keep getting bounced around over and over. Maybe they do it so frequently because they think these ideas will lead to an outcome while most of us here know that a fraction of what we post might actually get looked at and an even smaller fraction might actually get implemented so there is no point in rehashing it every other day.
  8. AlmarsGuides Augur

This seems like a completely silly statement considering there would be no reason for the devs to even say something like this. If you actually have proof of a dev saying this I would like to see it for no other reason than the context.

That said though, I don't need a dev to tell me something that's as common sense as that statement. =P
  9. feeltheburn Augur

Seriously???
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

We just put our complaints more succinctly, i.e. "Do this or I quit!" Cuts down on the amount of posts needed to get the message across. ;)
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

TLP cancer and Forum-Quest go together like PB & J. Not surprising that their post count is higher than live.

They pretty much have at least one dumb “hay guyz my ruleset idea!” post running 24/7, and the amount of server/guild/krono drama threads and general idiocy is off the charts (even for Forum-Quest). You yourself OP were heavily involved in that rotation fiasco, remember the good times?

Makes me think of this great thread we had running that highlighted the best of the TLP section a few years back, that eventually got exiled to the TLP section (oh the irony!) to die.

It aged really well too, check it out brosefs. May it Rest In Peace and be forever in our hearts:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tlp.226264/
  12. AlmarsGuides Augur

I definitely don't remember them as good times - but I definitely do remember them.

They were nothing but headaches, much like arguing with people about Third Party Software is nothing but one giant headache. =P

It's all just a bunch of people letting their emotions make the decisions instead of logic and reason.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Just another feather in DBG's cap to prove EQ is still online because of TLP servers. "Live" servers on their own don't generate enough revenue. The whole "Live" thing makes me giggle as anyone playing on a TLP server must pay for All Access.
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

That sounds oddly like how it works IRL...
  15. Fohpo Augur

Sheex, I need you to either send me daily gems via PM or post more often.
  16. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I post on both, but probably more here and the other sub-forums. Currently playing more on Agnarr than Live, but last year was way more on Live than Agnarr. It just depends on what I want to do at the time.
  17. Geroblue Augur

I see lots of jumping up and down subject lines for the TLP servers. My impression is that those are caused by folks not realizing that the TLP servers are further back in time than the Live servers. I remember a few years ago people posting about a TLP server wondering where the POK books were.

Or they could be expecting things to be here, as other MMOs have something, and its not here.
  18. AlmarsGuides Augur

It depends a lot on who you interact with on a daily basis. Most of the time when discussing anything in an academic field people tell you if you're starting to get emotional or if you let your emotions cloud your judgment; at least on matters of factual importance. That is assuming they get emotional in the first place. Most Professors I know who debate their students don't get emotional while doing so. It is a case by case basis though just a lot less common than ... here for example.

Then you step into something like EQ (or almost any online forums) and people believe that what they feel to be true must be factually true - which obviously is just a preposterous assumption.
  19. Bamboompow Augur

Or step into the 99.9% of Human interaction that is not considered acedemia.....

How else would the world (especially the US) have arrived at it's current state if logic, poise, empirical backing of solid objective arguments etc. were not flushed down the toilet ages ago.
  20. Karthanon Augur

I usually used "TLP Poison" to describe it, but :"TLP Cancer" is so much more descriptive. "TLP Buttcancer" so much more so.

Thank you. You've made my forum visit so much more enchanting today!