Coirnav - Nerf All Key Quests

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FIsh Lips, Feb 19, 2018.

1. FIsh Lips Augur

Coirnav:

- Fast expansion unlocks (12 weeks to GoD, 8 weeks thereafter)
    - Instanced raid content at all tiers
    - Initial playerbase mostly intends to loot krono for other servers
    - 2-3 weeks of key fighting for a 12 week expac loses a significant amount of content
    - Roving gangs of KSers and charm stealing isn't fun for either the aggressor or victim

You need to nerf these keys. I finished this on Agnarr not a week ago, only to have the investment immediately devalued by Coirnav's announcement. It was not remotely fun, and I will likely never really see much benefit from it, since Agnarr is quietly imploding.

I propose that key drops, ground spawns and rare mobs for VP/Emp/VT/PoStorms are dramatically increased, to the point that they are nearly always up. Or simply remove the key requirement. The former has the advantage of letting players who like to quest get their quest done, while the latter is probably easier to do.

There's no particular need to gate access to high end zones anymore, there's plenty of content and zones are instanced to keep us out of each other's business. Another year of watching the forums complain about these zones & spawns is irritating in its own right. Just do away with it already.
  2. jack of all trades Elder

+1.

Screw these key quests.
    vylo likes this.
  3. Lankie Augur

What we don’t want to do is remove keys, which is what casuals want us to do because they want to fight Veeshan's Peak. Casuals shouldn’t be allowed to fight Veeshan's Peak… that diminishes the achievement of others. That’s part of the challenge: You have to be better than the other guy; you have to be more strategic that the other guy.
    Kegwell likes this.
  4. RandomStrategy Augur

[IMG]
  5. vylo Augur

The achievement is actually killing the bosses in VP, not zoning in, not sitting on ground spawns with auto clickers or training people to steal key mobs.

Get rid of the key quests, they are garbage and do nothing to show actual ability.
  6. BearmanSW Elder

Agreed...if they do this I would consider playing on this server.

I wouldn't wish the VP key quest on my worst enemy.
  7. kenshin111 New Member

+1

VP key quest is pure cancer. Would be better to have it removed.
  8. BrigetteCT New Member

I agree to eliminate the keys because the real achievement is killing the bosses not fighting for rare spawns for a zone that is instanced. Especially with reduced time to complete such tasks due to 8-12 week expansion openings. Plus, its not the same experience to fight bosses working backwards 1-2 expansions because some of your guildmates have (gasp) full time jobs and a family.
    It baffles me how some humans have some great rush of superiority playing on their 3rd progression server, boxing the same classes they played on previous servers and plow thru content thinking other people real care. Just enjoy the game and relive the nostalgia while finally experiencing content you never got to see without screwing other people by planting mages at named locs! Down with auto looting!
  9. snailish Augur

Could always put some keys as drops on the older raids when a new era opens up.

So you can do Kunark quests to get the Kunark era keys, or you can continue to raid with your guild in the old content and alternatively earn your keys.

Not saying Naggy would drop every key x30 for one kill.

But having Naggy, Vox, Phinny, Hate, Fear & Sky offer the Kunark keys doesn't "give it freely". Probably you rank them in difficulty and limit the number of keys (and which keys) based on that.

Spread keying up the eras as you go. So maybe Vox gives a single drop of a Vex Thall key down the line, but Zlandicar gives x4 and the Dain gives x8. At the same time, not game-breaking for Vox to drop x6 Kaesora keys... and Zlandicar could drop x12 of them (after-era, after all).

Could certainly add value to the LoY events/raids and LDoN raids... especially if alternate keying for PoP was included in this.

And maybe you only do the keys for certain places. I think this could be balanced to be a win-win.
  10. Tachyon Augur

VP kind of sucks, but you can also skip VP and progress just fine! Same is true for Sleeper's Tomb. The other key quests aren't that bad and give people reason to group when everything else is maxed.
  11. nsarboc New Member

I agree the key quests need to go, or some time needs to be spent to change them, so they are not so frustrating, I like some of the ideas above. I just quit playing on Agnarr and canceled my subs because of the vex thal key. I don't consider spending 50 - 60 hours waiting for a small group of mobs to spawn on 20-minute timers only to get KS'd to be fun. The VP and Vex Thal keys like the Plane of Sky are just time sinks that developers put in the game to slow the progress of the player base. They are not there to prove how much better you are than everyone else; they exist to extend the life of the expansion. This concept has no place in these modern TLP servers.They only serve to frustrate people and make them stop playing.

Please take them out of the game for the new server, or come up with a quest that takes time, but can be completed/progressed in a reasonable amount of time. I really hope this thread builds and strikes a cord over a Day Break. I personally won't pay to play on these servers again only to run into a key wall that saps the enjoyment for me.
  12. nsarboc New Member

Like my post says above, they put these quest in the game not so you can feel accomplished over a "casual" or do things they cant. They put these key quests in the game years ago to control the rate at which hardcore players can consume content. If the development team in this era of the game were on a 3-month expansion release cycle, they would never put these time sinks into accessing content, because they would have new content ready quickly enough to keep the player base engaged in the game, and thus continued subscription fees being paid. That is why they make no sense now.
  13. HappyPanda Augur

Most of the key quests did not seem that bad.
    You could decrease the stress of it even further by lowering a few pick spawn requirements or tweaking a few respawn timers.
  14. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Devs have already done a great job of making these keys and quests easier and more casual friendly.
    HappyPanda likes this.
  15. Tepin Journeyman

I tend to agree, make the key quest drops easier to get the parts.
  16. The Hated One Augur

Tried to get them to do this on phinny. Nope. Faster unlock server should never have key quests. The point of the server is to experience all the content FAST. I completely agree. If your not strong enough to kill the stuff...whats the point of going in? If you are strong enough...why make us suffer the bottleneck and frustration of keying? Each guild is only going to get so many shots at bosses...12! ...maybe more if your lucky enough to get an OW target. Toss in lengthy keys and well...people will bail. If you arn't able to keep up with exp and AA's because you camping a stupid key...your going to bail. I'm not touching this server atm ...but if they removed keys? I'd consider it.
  17. uk6999 Augur

VP key quest is dumb. Having timed static ground spawns is nuts. Just promotes bad gameplay with people using FD, Illusions ( weapons included ) and autoclickers. Charm gating is also stupid but no real way to prevent that easily.

I also have bad memories of FG and to some degree ME drops for VT key.

+1 for getting rid of key quests. Should make it like live where they are optional OR put them in the DBG store as well.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Will be the most toxic server yet. Heed this warning!
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yes!

Cut the pick threshold in half and double the pick timer. How's that for starters?
    HappyPanda likes this.
  20. Drevnor New Member

They really need to lower the pick threshold of swamp of no hope to like 20 or something to make that ground spawn easier to get.