Increase Bard Speed?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bentbard, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Bentbard Journeyman

Can we get another couple AAs into Selo's Sonata to increase bard speed substantially higher than mount run speed? Mounts running at near bard speed is incredibly lame when bards used to be incredibly fast. Also with the new emphasis on tradeskills, and the sheer amount of running around we have to do, the increased bard speed would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Tucoh Augur

I agree, I'd love to see another rank of Selo's Sonata that added this effect:
    5: Increase Movement Speed Cap by 4
    from this song:
    Selo's Accelerating Canto
    Bentbard likes this.
  3. Bentbard Journeyman

Agreed, but even further than that since mount speed has increased.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

Bridle of the Flying Imprisoned Sokokar = Faster then Selo :p
  5. Bentbard Journeyman

Not canto though? At least looking at the raw spell data, I don't see any indication of it being faster than that. Even still it's too close to it.
  6. svann Augur

Oh, how fast does it report on the velocity stat?
  7. Riou EQResource

Fastest mounts in the past have always been close to Bard speed, like 150% vs bard 156%
  8. josh Augur

bards are already considerably faster than mounts. You either don't have the right aa's or aren't using the right spell. It isn't even possible for other classes to go as fast as bards do because bards have spells and aa's that allow them to go beyond the normal run speed cap. bards run at a velocity of 88 while the fastest mount is only 75.

base run speed is 30. max mount speed gives you a 250% increase. the normal max run speed cap is 255%. which is what you get on a regular person if you are just using aa selo's. With selo's accelerato on a regular person their velocity hits 84. a 280% increase over base run speed, and a bard with fleet of foot aa and selo's accelerato on them hits 293%. which, if my calculations are correct, at that speed, we're gonna see some serious $%!#
  9. Orbital101 Augur

Strafing at 95 velocity
  10. Bentbard Journeyman

This is pretty incorrect overall, first nobody is really memming selo's songs anymore for a 3-8% increase over sonata (canto is used, not accelerato so that would be 88%). Second off I'm max AA, and there's only 1 that's even relevant (fleet). Third if you're using sonata, it's a 6% velocity difference over the fast mount. Idk about you, but 6% is hardly anything. Lastly if good's velocity is 85% forward run speed, which is still only 3% lower than than the highest bard run song (practically nothing), then that's definitely more of a reason to increase bard selo's AA...
  11. josh Augur

absolutely nothing i said was wrong. The fact that you use a different song is irrelevant since they both increase your speed the same amount. The fact that you don't mem the song is also irrelevant, you have it and when you need the extra speed you can mem it.

For the rest of the stuff you said, you literally have no idea what you are talking about. the velocity number in the stats window is not a percentage, it is a velocity. you are going 88 distance units per time unit (whatever units the game is using). 88 feet per second for instance. At 88 you are going 17.3% faster with canto and fleet of foot combined over the 75 from mount speed.

as for goods comment he said 95 not 85. I'm assuming this is a bug? The mount clicky he has is from the new RoS raids? i really don't know but that's what i would assume. and if it seriously goes that fast, it has to be a bug, because that is freaking insane. I'm fairly certain there are no other mounts that are that fast. If its intended to be that fast than i would say increasing bard run speed to at least match it would be reasonable.

EDIT: he did say while strafing, and mounts do get a huge speed boost from strafing, but still, that's awful fast.
  12. Bentbard Journeyman

Actually you are right on a couple things, I mistakenly added % to my velocity number since I was writing that from memory (who cares man), and I quoted the wrong run songs cause canto and accelerato are the same speed indeed.

But semantics aside, that mount strafe speed is faster than bard speed no matter what we are using. So we can all agree bard speed should be increased. My vote is for velocity 100.
  13. Tutankamen Augur

So doesn't raid focus make you faster?
  14. svann Augur

no. Percussion focussed selos capped several expacs ago. I want to say kunark era drums would hit it.
  15. blueyes1181 New Member

Bards will get another day in the sun.. eventually
  16. Bentbard Journeyman

Overall the increase seems fairly minor, both in implementation, and balance? Like I can't imagine why there would be any issue increasing bard speed so that we can highly surpass mount speeds.
  17. Riou EQResource

Why do Bards need to be faster then mounts? Mounts have a lot more restrictions and take a significant amount more effort to obtain
    Barton likes this.
  18. Zaviere Augur

I can answer that one...

Because we, as a class, have very little left, if anything really, that sets us apart in a noticeable way.

I mean, I guess it depends on how you look at it, but yeah.

I can remember a line from the PRIMA Official Strategy Guide for Kunark, when describing the Bard class... "nothing runs faster than a Bard with a drum". I'd like to think that could still hold true. I personally don't NEED to be a LOT faster than mounts, but even just a little tiny bit would be satisfying. Hell, I'd even be willing to have to equip a damn drum to do it!
  19. Bentbard Journeyman

This. And the fact that bards were supposed to be the fastest in the game. This is low hanging fruit.
  20. Daedly Augur

I hope they do upgrade it. Should have been done when they increased the faster songs.

And let's get a song called Whistle While You Work that gives an exp bonus to the group. Maybe make it an aura? Enchanted have one, just make the bards a little less.