Why can't DBG solve Mage Pets and Monk Fists on TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zansobar, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zansobar Augur

We all know these are overpowered on TLP and for the pets (Mage mostly, but Necro partially) DBG's attempt at solving this issue was the buff they put on raid mobs. They never solved Monk fists...

I understand that DBG says the code is the same across all servers so they can't change it just for TLP servers---

However, why can't DBG just put a debuff on every Monk, Mage Pet, and Necro Pet that adjusts the damage/defense down by X% that might change by level? This debuff would persist through death and appear on any new pet created. Wouldn't this have the same effect as adjusting the server code to lower the damage / increase the delay on Monk fists? It could be a de-haste to increase the delay, and a damage debuff to lower the damage which could adjust based on the level of the Monk...same for Mage pets, Necro pets and whatever else is out of whack...Then the content wouldn't be so trivial (non-raid) and other "DPS" classes would be back in alignment (Rogues, Wizards, etc.).

Anyway it seems like this shouldn't
  2. Malicre Journeyman

They have been nerfing mages for years even on the live server, the current daybreak staff has no clue on what to do with them and its not gonna change.
  3. Punchu Augur

Monk fists were already 'solved' for Ragefire/Lockjaw with a nerf compared to where they were at on Fippy/Vulak.

And monks fists certainly aren't why monks are topping parses with weapons in their hands, anyway.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. taliefer Augur

kunark is the only era where there arent better options available than bare fists. and even thats only if you have the epic.
  5. snailish Augur

I think it could be "solved" (if one agrees there is even an issue).

But will it make progression more fun or will they upset more people than the effort is worth?
  6. Zapsos Augur

For which class isn't their epic the best choice in Kunark though?
  7. Darchias Augur

The Monk epic is a bit different since it's actually a set of gloves instead of weapons. Technically it's bare handed, but it's equally their epic. To answer your actual question, however, the answer is Shadowknights and Paladins.
  8. welly321 Elder

Whats better than their epic in Kunark?
  9. RandomStrategy Augur

Frozen Zweihander (If I remember right.)
  10. Risiko Augur

To say that they need to be fixed means that you first have to determine that there is something wrong with them in the first place.

Unless you're just jealous of their DPS potential, there is nothing "broke" about them. They are what they are.

How are you defining that they are broken?

If it is because "they aren't like they were in original EQ", then my reply would be "nothing is like it was in original EQ." These aren't classic servers. The are TLP servers. If you want the classic experience, then p99 is you better choice.

So, again, I ask. How do you define they are broken?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and snailish like this.
  11. Prathun Developer

We've made a number of changes to pets on progression servers.
    When a necromancer or magician pet spawns on a server that hasn't yet unlocked LDoN, the pet's stats are reduced. The stat reduction has the most impact in classic and is lessened the closer the server is to LDoN.
    Mage fire pets use pre-revamp nukes.
    Bosses attribute hate generated by pets to the pet's owner.
    If there are a large number of pets on a boss's hatelist, the boss will debuff the pets.
    PathToEternity, snailish and Punchu like this.
  12. Gildor New Member

Of course monks are broken; they arent just top parse, most of the time they are way ahead of the rest. When you know that they can also tank super good for a non tank class and pulls and never worry about over agroing... Only a monk (and a non fair one at that) would ever say that they arent broken (on TLP). You can also just look at how many monks they are and compare it to the numbers of casters.
  13. Religious Elder

As far as pets are concerned I think all but the quoted were an okay thing. I realize it's not my job to tune or balance content, but what this change did was place Shaman, Clerics, and even Wizard pets far above the actual "pet" classes. For example, both Mages and Necro's procured the Amulet of Xuzl simply for the fact that it was doing significantly more damage than their standard pets. I personally found this ridiculous. This wasn't a pet nerf, they were gutted so hard that the classes they affected would rather use a temporary pet, that under normal circumstances, should never outdps either the Mage or Necro pet.
  14. Prathun Developer

If a Mark of the Old Ways debuff is applied to your mage and necro pets, then your raid has brought an unusually high number of mages and necros relative to the expected raid size. Heavy-handed though it may be, this was one of our progression server changes targeted at discouraging raid forces composed primarily of mages.
  15. Tachyon Augur

Things get silly with too many mages! I remember CoH pulling!!
  16. Brunlin Augur

Currently Fire pets even at level 3 are nuking for 400ish dmg and it seems to be the same dmg as you get higher fire pets. This allows a huge advantage to mages who can use the pet in a group setting to power level every one in the group, as the pets can 1 shot anything. I just leveled a mage on Agnaar up to level 26ish. I am hoping that this will be fixed before the new server comes out next month. Otherwise, the mages will overrun everything even more so than they usually do on a fresh launch.Not to mention people will be using them for a easy powerlevel.
  17. taliefer Augur

i dont really know the specifics having never played a pet class, but as someone mentioned earlier, cleric, wizard and shaman pets always did more dps than a mage or necro pet on raids, even when we split raid and we for sure didnt have an inordinate amount of pet classes around then. thats really not right.
  18. JustAQuestion Elder

This one should be reduced or removed.
    After they applied this to Ragefire, i stoped using my pet on raids for more nukes.
  19. Poledo_EQ Elder

I always hated cries for nerfs, but I could understand it when pvp was involved. What does it matter if someone has better dps than you in pve?
    Risiko likes this.
  20. Raltar Augur

It isn't so much that they did too much damage. Otherwise, Monks would be nerfed as well. It has more to do with the fact that people would make mage box armies and keep all open world stuff locked down as it would die really fast with 20+ mages and their pets nuking things down as soon as they spawned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.