This next patch will almost be like Christmas time!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Stephen51 Augur

Yep as I feared DB don't seem to be able to release a patch that breaks something else.
    I can't imagine those who were calling for Druid and Shaman dots to be nerfed ever expected or wanted the mana cost of those dots to stay the same if they cut their effectiveness by 30-50% (guessing at the reductions a bit there but I don't think I'm that far or the mark). Or maybe the expected the cost to be the same but the effectiveness to be cut by 10-20%?

Two words. Knee. Jerk.
  2. Blitter Elder

Almost all the big numbers come from multi- target events. DD's aren't being nerfed, only dots.
    Events like Kar'Zok/Vim-Vigor have always favoured dot casters (necros). Shamans/Druids with large dots and a short ramp up time (think how long it takes a necro to ramp up the damage, and then ask how long does it take a Shaman/Druid) leads to extremely high parses.
    Druids/Shaman are not getting nerfed because of Droga parses :) I would imagine they would be around the 300-350k mark on Droga over the 60secs. Kar'Zok they should be around 600k+ - if they are dotting Reaper/Snowblaze and the assaulters.
  3. Scorrpio Augur

'Twas the night after Christmas
    And all through the house
    My DoTs did less damage
    Than a f**t of a mouse...
  4. kizant Augur

You would imagine wrong.
    mmats and Sancus like this.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Actually, I put my melody bard on a horse and use it quite a lot.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Most of the changes sound pretty good. A lot of player issues solved. (at least in theory)
  7. Fohpo Augur

I was more referring to bard mains hardly utilizing it since they want end for other things. Sure, some niche uses like this exist but it isn't by any means meta or standard.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

Gotit.
  9. Jetslam Augur

You think we're higher or lower than the quoted numbers?
  10. kizant Augur

Much higher.
    Sancus and mmats like this.
  11. Kuvani Journeyman

I think it sounds about right :D
  12. Daedly Augur

I could have sworn that when I checked the dev post tracker about 1 hour ago there was a new test update for 2/16/18. Now I can't find it.
  13. Mordeen Lorekeeper

There were two (one for discussion, one for bugs), and the previous 2/14/18 posts were unpinned, then both the 2/16/18 posts were removed and the 2/14/18 posts were repinned. ???
    Gyurika Godofwar and Daedly like this.
  14. kizant Augur

Oh I bet you do!
    Sancus and Kuvani like this.