Coirnav with FV loot rules

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Viceversa86, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Viceversa86 New Member

Who's in for this?!?
    snailish likes this.
  2. Viceversa86 New Member

Spice it up daybreak PvP, fv loot SOMETHING!
  3. Vanishin Lorekeeper

I agree - I really have little interest in playing on Coirnav otherwise. Unless somehow it turns out being more popular than the past TLPs, which I doubt. We need something different or these are going to start dwindling fast.
  4. Cuxor New Member

That would work.
  5. Bogre New Member

FV loot rules + xp
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

FV Loot Rules, faster XP and faster expansions would all be a good change of pace for Phinigel 2.0 server.
  7. Vexn Elder

Agreed. So boring & lame of them to do the same style server 3 times in a row now. It's not too late though!! FV at the very least would spice it up. PVP though would be $$$$$
    ECrack likes this.
  8. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

!!!
  9. Rolento Augur

+1 I'm in for FV loot rules. 12 week unlocks are fine, but for the love of god. Give us Classic + Kunark in that one 12 week window. 3 Months of Kunark.... Not again, not again
  10. Arrk Augur

Do away with MOTM .... people would come running to the server. With the instancing why even have MOTM
  11. ECrack Augur

Agreeeeeeed FV style loot would be amazing.
  12. Risiko Augur

Coirnav would be a sure fire hit if it had FV loot rules and Agnarr experience rate.

I bet Phinigel and Agnarr would die off almost instantly if that was the case.

Then DBG would make a ton of money on selling the big bag for TLP server again and a lot of experience potions to all the people trying to race to max level. It would be a win fall for DBG.
  13. AsYouWish New Member

Keep it on topic

+1 FV Loot
    snailish likes this.
  14. Fohpo Augur

FV loot and beastlord/zerkers available at launch.
  15. Darchias Augur

The point of the lowered exp rate is the huge player attrition rate on Agnarr in the last month of the expansion. Keeping them online for the whole three months makes Daybreak Games very happy. The more they play, the more they spend on cosmetics. The longer it takes to level, the more they buy those sweet, sweet experience potions.

FV loot rules would be... interesting, but you guys DO realize that will just make the krono farmers worse right? The answer is never, 'No krono on this server' because that's stupid. The game would be unable to sustain itself and it would just take control of the economy out of Daybreak's hands due to people trying to trade krono cross-server (give a krono via Test-copy or something like that to the person for the item on Corinav.)
    This will be extremely easy to scam people with, so Daybreak games will get a flood of petitions of people complaining that someone stole their krono, to which the poor overworked GMs must respond, "Corinav is a 'no Krono' server sir/miss. I cannot refund your deal as the deal itself violates our terms of service." This causes even more people to about the GM's not caring about players and never helping them while increasing the GM's workload by flooding their inboxes with complaints of that nature.

Fact of the matter is... people liked Phinigel. A lot of the problems with it have been slowly tuned and fixed over it's and Agnarr's lifespan as they sorted out genuine, fixable problems they learned about via player feedback from the normal complaining from a player base who thinks they know how to design games, manage a business, police a game economy, and deal with problematic elements within the player base better than them. I'm not going to play on Corinav because I promised myself Agnarr is the last (still time to change my mind), but I think a Phinny clone is the correct decision for DBG in this case. Time to take the lessons they learned in Agnarr and Phinigel to make the best Progression server they possibly can.

Would require a complete overhaul of the Beastlord and Berzerker epic quests by the time Kunark came around, and that's the least of the changes required. Well, the Berzerker one could technically be completed by just opening up Stonebrunt Mountains along with Kunark, but at the moment The Warrens is Velious locked and Stonebrunt is Luclin locked. The Berzerker epic is also much stronger than the other epics, so it would make them more overpowered than they are at GoD launch.

Way more work than it sounds like, believe me.
    snailish likes this.
  16. Guzzle Augur

I love this argument of "krono farmers will make it soooo much worse!" Oh, I didn't realize they would be able to monopolize instanced content and not allow folks to get in there and get their own items.

Like, seriously, if anything... free trade of items opens up so much more potential for gear and will reduce prices on everything out of sheer availability. Adding pick zones significantly reduced prices on most things. A near infinite supply of raid quality gear would be a real game changer, and not just for the krono farmers. They'll make money, but everyone would ultimately have that capability.
  17. Angered Augur

We the people demand more exp and FV rule set!! Pitch forks and riots in Freeport and Qeynos!!! Also

Beast lords
    Zerks

All class comb

Yes POK will open to make this possible !!!

We want FV rule set when do we want it now!!

W e w a n t F V R U L E S E T

riot riot riot burn poor Qeynos down!!! Then Freeport !!! rabble Rabble
    Risiko likes this.
  18. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

I support the idea of a FV rule set server.

While I may be interested in dipping into the new server no matter what giving it a FV rule set would set it apart from Phinny and I believe would be healthy for the longevity of the server in general.
  19. Fohpo Augur

Not to mention /pick really does alleviate a lot of the monopolization of camps. While it isn't 100% you'll get what you want, it certainly goes a long way.
  20. Darchias Augur

I really appreciate that you had to rephrase my argument to make it a better straw man for you to knock down by making it sound infantile. Such an imaginative tactic.

Krono farmers don't have the ability to monopolize instanced content now, but people still and moan about them on Agnarr just the same. Giving them the ability to do the same tactics they use now on camps with valuable, conetsted No Trade items. All changing to FV loot rules would do is change what exact items are on the market. It means that there would be more guilds like My Pants that raid top mobs using cheesy, abusive strategies for drops that are then sold rather than used to gear up their raid and make it easier for them to kill more raid mobs. They streamed a kill of Emperor where they used Z-axis taunting to make Emperor run back and forth and never actually attack the raid while their DPS took an hour to kill him using garbage gear. More and more people will just do things like that (not specifically that, of course, because they are tethering Emperor in his room now) because the practice is so much more lucrative when they are selling big ticket, no-trade raid items instead of tradable stuff like off of Avatar of War (which they killed using the awful pathing mechanics in Kael Drakkel to kite and DPS him over two hours.)

FV loot rules, combined with the krono economy, will create more problems than it solves. It will take the worst parts of the krono economy and magnify them threefold. The krono saved Everquest, but they have enough problems with people calling to remove it now. Add in this toxicity and the complaining now will seem as a gentle snowfall to an avalanche.