The dot nerf...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dewey, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Dewey Augur

So since your nerfing the damage on the dots... Please tell me your also reducing the ridiculous mana cost of said dots...

I'm not happy with the damage nerf, but I'll live with it. However; if the damage is decreased without decreasing the mana cost. The mana cost should properly reflect the damage of the spell. As a druid I would love to not be OOM so much. So nerfing the damage of the spells, sure whatever it'll I'll live with it. However; please reduce the mana cost. Don't just reduce one number without the other.
  2. AnzoRagespirit Augur

I lost a bet thanks to you, couldn't have gone like another 8 hours before posting this lol.

And about them lowering the Mana cost.../clears throat....BAHAHAHAHA good luck with that, we other dot revamped classes have the same Mana costs even with the nerfed damage.

K devs/forum mods, you can close /delete this whiner.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Please tell me .. yall "knew" this was coming ?
  4. Zalamyr Augur

Eh? Not really. I don't play a shaman, but just looking over the shaman DoTs on test, they cost like twice as much per damage now than the other DoT revamped classes. It should definitely be adjusted.
  5. Dewey Augur

So what your telling me is that there was not a beta period; where as, players inputed their input into mana cost vs spell damage.

It's not whining to ask for a balance...

I honestly did not know this was coming. I just know that if I cast dots on my druid I have no mana.
  6. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Bsts have a disc burn specifically for casting dots, and it has almost 70 charges... You think we're gonna hit all 70 before we run outta Mana? Our poison dot is almost 11k Mana let's say the average bat has around 200k mana. Do the math there's no way in hell were hitting all 70 procs. So yah Mana can be an issue, and yes we have our own Mana return abilities, but that doesn't take away the Mana cost, so if you want your Mana cost to go down then ours should as well since our bite doesn't proc vindication, or alliance and that's a dot we can keep running 24/7.
  7. Zalamyr Augur

And the most expensive shaman DoT costs 22k mana.

Edit: Scratch that. 25k.
  8. Wizlard Augur

Too much damage for the mana cost for a priest. The change is fine.
  9. Venedar Lorekeeper

Ive been playing around on test server. And the new shaman DoT changes are terrible. All our DoTs been heavly nerfed beyond what our dots did in EoK expansion. Basically our big dots(magic/poison) been cut down to 50-68% of orignal damage and our disease dots are down with 30-40% of orignal damage.

1. Dont bring this to live server. The current DoTs are working well as it is.
    2. Give Necro lesser and stronger DoTs (more dmg then druid/shaman).

If this nerfs are comming shamans dots will go back to the state of rarly beeing casted again.

After some parsing on test server with all our dots the nerf is a bit more then 50% of total dmg and thats a major game changer!
  10. Critts Augur

At least they aren’t adding more mana cost to them.
  11. Ironnuts Journeyman

Lol check out this dude.
  12. Jetslam Augur

This is the current ratio for shm vs bst dots. Look pretty on par to me. Now drop down the shaman damage by 40-60%, and they go all out of wack.

BST Dots
    9.625d/m---42s---Polybiad Blood: 15.4k base with a 11.2k base cost + 18k nuke
    14.292d/m---1m 12s---Elkikatar's Endemic: 10.6k base with 8.9k mana cost.
    10.086d/m---42s---Ekron's Chill: 13.4k base with 9.3k mana cost. 15.3k nuke

Shaman Dots:
    7.875d/m---42s---Blood: 18k base with 16k mana cost
    10.463d/m---42s---Nectar: 21k base with 25.9k mana cost. (procs a 31k base 24s)
    8.936d/m---30s---Jinx: 28.3k base with 19k mana cost.
    9.818d/m---54s---Curse: 25.2k base with 23.1k mana cost.
    11.803d/m---1m 36s---Affliction: 13.7k base with 26.4k mana cost (procs a 23.1k base 24s)
    12.978d/m---1m 24s---Breath: 16.5k base with 17.8k mana cost.
    12.141d/m---1m 24s---Pandemic: 11.1k base with 12.8k mana cost.

Fast Dots:
    16.875d/m---18s---Venom: 18k base with 3.2k mana cost
    17.069d/m---18s---Malady: 16.5k base with 2.9k mana cost.
  13. Ghubuk Augur

Which is really odd considering bst are a melee class and will now blow away shaman on casting dps as well.
  14. Brohg Augur

Bst do not have Specialization
  15. Ghubuk Augur

All that means is they will go through mana faster. Now shaman get to blow through mana AND do less damage.
  16. Dewhead Journeyman

False.

Specialization: Paragon of Spirit
  17. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Your kinda missing the point in what I'm saying about BST dots like I said we have a burn specifically FOR casting dots, a sham can dot, let it wear off then recast. If we want to get the best effect from vindication we have to pretty much spam our dots to make it work. So yah you may have a higher Mana cost but in the time it takes for you to cast and wait for your dots we've already trippled if not higher the costs of your ONE dot with our like 10. Also vindication has nearly 70 charges even with our Mana returns by the time we hit that number we will be OOM faster than you will be.

And while I'm at it, speaking of vindication if any devs see this (Aristo) can we get vindication charges to fire off bite of the asp or at least let the charges of vindication fire off a dot tick from the dots running?
  18. Kamor Lorekeeper

Changes needed to be made, but the damage reduction was too high. And then they doubled down on stupid by keeping the mana cost high.

It will go live anyway. Big middle finger to whoever did this.
  19. Jetslam Augur

We're not just casting our dots and then sitting there doing nothing. If you choose to cast the same dot on one mob to take advantage of the proc on a disc and end up going OOM, you've got bigger issues.

Sometimes charges don't make sense, not sure what to say there. Shaman have a portion of our dps burn disc that lasts 4m and has 10 charges to twincast our group HoT. The group HoT has a 1m+ duration. Why do we need 10 charges? At least your disc has other benefits than the dot proc.
  20. Ghubuk Augur

You not noticing that with the nerf, shaman dots will do less damage than beast dots but cost much more mana?