Test Update 02/14/2018 - Patch Notes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mmats, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Wizlard Augur

They are hardly a solo tank class. I should not have used those words. "They solo things = solo class". Nope. Solo classes easily solo regardless of high end gear and good augs, and those of us with common sense know who they are.
  2. Lubianx Augur

/kickpltask or /kickplexp pretty much fixes that problem. The dz leader just needs to remember to do it. If they don't or the person asleep is the dz leader then yeah the issue may exist.
  3. mmats Augur

Well sk is a necro hybrid, while paladin is a cleric hybrid. Just saying... sk obviously cant match paladin ability to group heal, while paladin cant match sk dps except vs undead.

And paladins should be outperforming vs undead in most cases. Maybe sk would beat them vs undead if the burn is less than 15 seconds...
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yeah, paladin cures are pretty trashy atm, but this is true of ALL classes' cures. It is just something they have effectively removed. They went overboard with things that have no counters.

I don't even mem splash much anymore unless its for AE heals on raids, and lately there are more events that it is just more convenient to load a second group heal instead. Either the cures do nothing (and the small chance to remove detrimentals without counters is small enough to not matter, and doesn't work on anything that matters anyway), or they have it set up so the cure of the wrong thing means you can't use it anyway.

So not a paladin issue, more of a PvE issue.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The whole hybrid thing is garbage. They made quite clear almost 15 years ago at this point, that "hybrids" are not some percentage of parent classes. Just not how it works. There is a reason sk/pal is under "tanks" on the forums, for example.

I don't care, dps isn't what i worry about, other than doing what I can do. But its pretty clear to all but the class homers that paladins dps really does blow, even against undead, lately. Our passive dps is fine compared to all other melee, we just don't get much to augment for burn or synergy unlike others. Our solo dps is decent against undead when you run 100% with blessing up from kill shots. But in groups or raids that is a rarity.

So really just need to give us a pureforge upgrade that does some significant boosts. 1 minute every 20 minutes we should be able to do at least 2/3 of what we did 2 years ago lol.
    fransisco and Lubianx like this.
  6. mmats Augur

This was not my understanding. What kinda numbers we talking? Do you have undead parses we can see?
  7. Rolaque Ancient

Did a Gribbles on test, scout ahead I think. All mobs were lite blue, including named, got 29 AA, no lesson or potion running.
    Quatr likes this.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Well, I didn't code it, but I did make the original mock-up version! It only took 4.5 years to get implemented :D
    [IMG]

They didn't put everything on there, but it's close enough. The actual list of spell data to add was quite extensive.
    Quatr and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I don't parse my dps much anymore, usually only run gamparse for heal parses and spell parses during beta mostly.

But for awhile, the SKs in my guild were hyped up on dps thunderdome and were linking parses of all knights in the tank channel.

It was pretty apparent the differences and we joked about it a lot. I'm sure Drogbaa could give you numbers.

But we at most do half of an sk on a burn. That is dependent on time, the longer it goes on, the worse we do. Since undead (slay + extra nuke damage) boosts us around 75% against undead, we are always doing less than an sk equally geared hitting everything equally as hard. Simple math.
  10. svann Augur

Though I also tried flawless conflagrant and combine enamel kit, I can almost guarantee you it wont be so easy. More than likely it will be on the order of Element of Kunark rare.
  11. niente Developer

The focused mana cost includes only your specialization bonus and your mana pres focus (total from spells like mana pres potion / glyph, item foci, AA like SCM).
    First the specialization amount is subtracted. Then we calculate the % saved by mana preservation focuses (based on original mana cost), and subtract that.
    It should be the minimum roll to max roll (if you have SCM 4 =15% and a 1 to 22% focus item, you get 15+1 to 15+22 = 16-37%).
    Sheex, Dzarn, fransisco and 6 others like this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

It mostly gets bad when six boxing with selo's and in tight areas. I'm always one unlucky move from one or more characters orbiting my tank :D
  13. Sancus Augur

It doesn't look like Spell Mana Cost v2 (e.g. what's on Elemental Union) updates the mana cost. Is that intended?
  14. Fohpo Augur

You're a gentleman and a scholar sir.
  15. Gnomeland Augur

Remember that Test has double experience. You will get half of that on live.
    Quatr likes this.
  16. Kolani Augur

[IMG]
    mmats likes this.
  17. Brohg Augur

Test Server has a permanent 2x(?) exp modifier?
  18. mmats Augur

LOL
  19. Lianeb Augur

yes
    kizant likes this.
  20. Fohpo Augur

Puts it in the ballpark of 12-14 AA on live, with 15-16ish on FV I believe.