Coirnav Progression Server - Coming March 16, 2018!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palawin Elder

I suspect that is the reason why Coirnav is sooner than expected.. So the timing lines up.

Kunark June 2018. Velious September 2018. Luclin December 2018. PoP March 2019. LoY June 2019. LDoN September 2019.

LDoN on agnarr is October 2019 therefore this server will be the option for anyone who gets sick of PoP.

At that point, phinny will be too far ahead to reasonably hop over from PoP. Whereas Coirnav will be at the exact same point.

Surely that's the reason for this server, right?
    Beebles likes this.
  2. Kristy13 New Member

I have been looking forward to this announcement but I am horribly disappointed that they are doing the release so soon, I was expecting some time in like Sep or Oct .. this Mar release date is just too soon.
    nophilter likes this.
  3. Hutch New Member

Even a shred of creativity and some new ideas for another TLP from DBG would be nice.

DBG EQ rinse/repeat TLP servers are getting stale.
    nophilter likes this.
  4. Dahaman Augur

Agnarr is a specialty TLP server. It was from the start and it is not the equivalent at all to a Classic-Live server. Play on Agnarr and you are stuck at POP. That's appealing to a small group, sure, but that's a big limitation in appeal to most people.

It just makes financial sense to release a Classic-Live TLP every couple of years. Too often and it isn't good, I agree. Every two years seems decent enough to me.
    Beebles likes this.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

6. Greensealilly Journeyman

7. Kroak Journeyman

I have done the Classic progression 1-50 enough times. Will be back if they open a TLP server that starts with Kunark (or Kunark and Velious) open at the server launch.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I'm sort of surprised they haven't offered "TLP Heroic Characters", basically 51/50 templates available in PoP to allow people to skip Classic-Luclin if the feel it has been overplayed on recent TLPs.

But I would've liked to see a server jump ahead in content rather than just be the same old same old. Quarm style.
  9. phattoni Augur

/yawn same boring we have been doing for 3+ years now, how about something new?

i realize your company is heavily reliant on krono market, but please come up with SOMETHING other than the same stuff we have had for the last while.
    Gyurika Godofwar and nophilter like this.
  10. nophilter New Member

Amen. We will be done with PoP just in time to do Velious again with a slower exp rate and the same rule set. Agnarr players won't want to redo all their work in a short timeframe, and DBG risks fragmenting phinny/ragefire. It seems like the best case scenario is that this server does worse than their previous TLPs, and the worst case scenario is that it flops hard.
  11. nophilter New Member

Wait wait wait.... Are you suggesting they take all this money and fashion a new/improved product out of it? I thought we were paying for the same thing over and over and over again.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Goodkitty Augur

FBSS and SMRs pay DBG bills dog
  13. Lallainye New Member

For the love of everything holy and unholy - unlock Beastlords and Berserkers from the get-go. Unlock the later race/class combos as well - Wood Elf Beastlords and Froglok Monks come LoY. Give us a reason to actually give a crap about this server.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  14. phattoni Augur

this is just LAME, new tlp that is the same thing as the last one with a bit better exp lol.
  15. Lallainye New Member

Also give us Gnome Pally/SKs and Halfling Pally/Rangers from the start. Unlock it all!
    Chatoyan likes this.
  16. Tachyon Augur

I'd read this as Time killing old TLP servers.

Players don't leave servers they enjoy. They leave EQ when they don't enjoy it anymore. TLPs bring some of them back!
  17. Nolrog Augur

I agree with everything you said. But for my thought is that also playing thru the same content has to be appealing as well, and it's only been 9ish months since people played thru that (and many people have gone thru that content 3, even 4 times in the last couple years (Ragefire, Lockjaw, Phini, Agnarr), which, IMO, isn't enough time for it to feel fresh again.
  18. Titanuk88 Elder

^^^^^^^^^^
  19. TheBigNasty New Member

DBG you know you just made me cringe. I'am old school eq. Every time I come back to try and enjoy eq you kill it for me and this is how. Rem DBG you have to have been there as long as someone like me to see this in motion.
    1.Come back repeats same content up until the actual expansion i want luclin Why? Beastlord...... By this time I have to finally start my journey when everyone else is long ahead of me in every way, so my start is a dang rat race trying to catch up to everyone else.
    2.This true box server crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are aware the reason I don't play on Drinal any more is because I got sick and tired of multi boxing. This was because groups got slim because people are greedy and if they box all loot is their's no one to roll aginst an they can sale it for dumb prices.
    I'm right now on Agnarr and yes I grabbed another pc to try and keep up cause like every other server multi box or true box so many people are boxing you run into a ton of grping in grps where someone has 2 to 4 of the actual players is one guy which just sucks cause this boxer gets 2 to 4 times the rolls on loot that drops so if you grp with a guy who is 5 boxing 95% of the loot that drops ends up being his and you basically are just helping him gear his box army.
    This type of system just kills groups in general and I for one and sick and tired of this system in order to keep up I have to run multiple accounts on single pc or multiple Pc's so in the end I mainly grping my self the fun is gone blah blah.
  20. Greensealilly Journeyman

Pa
    I agree that this new eq server is bad idea but c'mon, pantheon? Vaporware and designer cokehead jokes/arguments aside I lol'd at that. Multi-boxing will be allowed on pantheon from day 1 and even one of the employees mentioned on the forums he plans to box. Boxing is probably here to stay on all mmos simply because of the economic motivation to allow it. Even if boxing wasn't allowed there will still be people who get around the restriction so then it becomes some elite junk. Best just to live with it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.