Test Update 02/14/2018 - Patch Notes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mmats, Feb 14, 2018.

1. kizant Augur

It looks like scaled back by 45% or so for the biggest dot and as little as 30% for the small ones. And yeah it looks like the debuff lines are now kinda broken. But Test is locked and they changed the format so the spell parser won't read the file. I'm just reading it myself and could be missing something... prob not though.

Slot 2 is where the dot damage was. The rest seems the same.

Old Pearlescent Moonbeam Rk. III
    1|297|574|0|100|574$2|0|-19253|0|103|19473$3|47|-90|0|100|90$4|10|0|0|100|0$5|135|3|0|100|0$6|134|110|0|100|0$7|137|0|0|100|0$8|138|0|0|100|0$9|311|0|0|100|0$10|1|-616|0|100|61655968^

New Pearlescent Moonbeam Rk. III
    1|297|574|0|100|574$2|0|-1861|0|103|2099$3|47|-90|0|100|90$4|10|0|0|100|0$5|135|3|0|100|0$6|134|110|0|100|0$7|137|0|0|100|0$8|138|0|0|100|0$9|311|0|0|100|0$10|1|-616|0|100|616
  2. Ghubuk Augur

Wow, if true, that means that the new dots are actually going to be doing less than the old dots did last expansion.
  3. fransisco Augur

That utility (group cures/heals) only matters on a raid setting. It is meaningless in the group setting. And the significantly greater sk dps also only really matters in the group setting.
  4. Kuvani Journeyman

Yeah, that's about all the information I have regarding it, but that's very excessive and upsetting from how it is sounding.

Thanks again Kaz.
    kizant likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Wow, shamans got wrecked. Were Beastlords, Rangers and Enchanters left alone like the patch notes implied?
  6. Fohpo Augur

That could be part of the trade off though, the raid vs group viability. Like I said, not saying SKs aren't strong (I love mine), I'm just hesitant to fully agree with your statement of changes based on the current state of paladins.
  7. Sancus Augur

They really had to go and break spell parsers at the same time :(
    Gyurika Godofwar, Axxius and kizant like this.
  8. DruidCT Augur

Now druids are back to 3rd rate DPS and still 3rd rate healing. Way to go.
    Tucoh likes this.
  9. kizant Augur

I don't see any difference with Bonecrawler Swarm or Strangulate/Mind Tempest.
    Moldar and Tucoh like this.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This is my exact concern. Nerfing the damage, alright... but you need to reduce the mana cost to reflect the reduced damage output.

The Flame lick line DoTs never stacked so their increased damage didn't make sense with their original reason for increasing DoT DMG. But without that increased damage the Spell lines aren't worth the spell slot anymore. Empathy is nice but you gain more damage even ADPS wise off a single Nuke cast.
    kizant likes this.
  11. fransisco Augur

The thing is paladins are the ONLY class that is worse off in groups because of a raid utility. No other class is penalized like that.
  12. Fohpo Augur

This definitely seems excessive and really seems like it goes against the changes that were made last year to bring DoTs in line with other forms of damage.
    Kuvani likes this.
  13. Fohpo Augur

That could mean that paladins could use some love, rather than nerfing another class though! I'd actually love to see paladins gain some additional grouping power without completely destroying them in a raid setting.
  14. mmats Augur

Paladin cures/heals arent meaningless in groups. They also have greater dps vs undead. I think both classes have their place, and are pretty well balanced.
  15. feeltheburn Augur

Time for a new charm for many :p
  16. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I'm going to reserve full judgement once everything goes live, but my initial thoughts are:
    1. Overall happy with HAs. I should now be able to complete older content and level alts through HAs without getting steamrolled.
    2. The AA change (show old rank and new rank) is a HUGE change that I am very happy with. This always drove me nuts. Probably a little deal for others, but I love it.
    3. Am I understanding the Druid AC buff stacking? Druid AC buffs will now stack with cleric merc buffs? Is that across the board or only on the highest lvl of buffs from both classes?
    4. Disappointed in nerfs to Druid/Shaman DoTs. I play a boxed shaman now and was considering a Druid, but now my DPS is going to suck (an area in which i was struggling) even more than before, regardless of which class I stick with!
    5. Performance improvements for new hardware: I'm curious exactly what this entails. Is this multi-core CPU support? I wonder exactly what boosts we'd see on client and server side. It's promising, and I hope it means much better performance throughout the game.
  17. Tucoh Augur

I'm actually pretty excited by this. /follow performance is tied to FPS, and it's pretty hard for me to maintain 50+ FPS on my characters.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Gio-Cefalu Augur

And I'm happy to see the bug fixed where characters don't show up at the char select screen. This happens on my 3rd account frequently, but not the other 2. It's a nuissance as backing out and back in usually fixes it, but I'm glad to see they put a fix in.
    Tucoh likes this.
  19. mmats Augur

Test server is up. GO GO GO
  20. Gnomeland Augur

Provided these changes work as described, this is the best possible way to solve the problem. Credit where credit is due.

But of course, this is assuming that this doesn't make them completely worthless.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.