Test Update 02/14/2018 - Patch Notes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mmats, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Febb Augur

Looks like people will have to finish out instances now instead of just spinning up instances to see if their favorites are in the instance.
  2. Fohpo Augur

While I'm sure you're right, people will inevitably complain about something and the amount being reduced could certainly either be too much or too little. I think just the fact that progression is viable and people have access to that easy XP will go a long way to alleviate a lot of the complaining.
  3. Juzam Djinn Elder

Grats Necros! Wait what?
  4. Dahaman Augur

Huzzah! This is a nice feature!
    Tamaden likes this.
  5. Horathmir Elder

I was thinking the same when i read this, but frankly if you still running Win2000 or Win95 you need to buy a new computer. Even a really basic computer today will come with Win8 or 10 pre-loaded and cost you about $300-$400 bucks. Buy less Cigarettes and Beer for a month and you have it covered.

Its time to part ways with that old TRS-80 or Abacus you have been bandaging with Win95. In less then 24 months, 32 bit wont even be supported and developed for, almost everything is already 64-bit now as it is.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. kizant Augur

Some others seem to be hit a little less:
    Frost of the Wildtender III changed from 26682 to 15585 (58%)
    Horde of Polybiads Rk. III changed from 20839 to 13640 (65%)
    Sunflame Rk. III changed from 19999 to 12824 (64%)

Pearlescent Moonbeam Rk. III looks weird though. It was doing 19473 before and now looks like 2099. Unless they changed the slots around and it's working differently now. I don't really see any other number that makes sense though.. hmm I'm no druid though. Not sure what that was doing before.
  7. Horathmir Elder

Wow ... someone needs a Timeout methinks.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Thanks. How bad did shamans get hit?
  9. Kuvani Journeyman

Are you kidding lol? That was the note about "The Flame Lick and Gelid Moonbeam lines have been further reduced in damage to reflect that they were not stackable before stacking groups were created."

That was the comment I was worried about to begin with, even more than the "greatly" statement. I'm not going to become upset quite yet because I won't be able to parse anything out until tonight, but that's upsetting and could be very bad. Like I said, I won't say anything definitive until I can get home and look at it/parse it myself.

Thanks Kaz.
  10. Cleaver Augur

Upset about what ?
  11. kizant Augur

Vengeance of Suffering III changed from 30981 to 15048 (48.5%)
    Erogo's Curse Rk. III change from 25199 to 13735 (55%)
    Scorpikis Blood Rk. III changed from 18029 to 12357 (68%)

So I guess the biggest dots cut closer to 50% less and the smaller dots as low as like 30%.
  12. gnomeboss Augur

13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Did they reduce the mana cost on all of these DoTs now that they are doing less than half their damage?
    fransisco and GoneFission like this.
  14. kizant Augur

Cutting those two lines by 90% might have been a bit too much. The other changes are probably reasonable though.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  15. Kuvani Journeyman

Am I reading this to mean they scaled our dot damage back by around 50% (for the NBW/magic/chill/sunflame lines)? Then, on top of that, they took away the two dot/debuff lines (fire/ice)? Please correct me, Kaz. Tell me I am misinterpreting what you are saying because I won't be home for hours.
  16. Fohpo Augur

Were all of these nerfs basically reverting the changes made last year to give them more power?
  17. kizant Augur

Well they didn't change Nature's Blistering Wrath or Sunflame from what I can see. I wish Test weren't locked so I could check the lazy way.
  18. Kuvani Journeyman

If they have only scaled back the damage of each dot by around 30-50% depending on the dot, then yes. That would have been upsetting, but expected or reasonable, and what most people were asking for.

If they basically crippled two of our dot lines, on top of scaling the damage back on the four remaining dot lines, making them no longer viable to cast at all, then no, especially since these are debuffs that help the raid as well. On top of that, am I to understand they didn't reduce the mana cost on the dots they allowed us to actually keep? Again, I am not home to check these changes, I am trusting someone right now to give me information.
  19. fransisco Augur

There should be no such thing as a solo tank class.
    Or if you want parity, paladin defense should be better than sk defense by the same margin SK dps is over paladin dps
  20. Fohpo Augur

While I understand the analogy and can agree to some degree, to say the same margin I think is a little much. Paladins also bring much more utility to the group than SKs do.