This next patch will almost be like Christmas time!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Tucoh Augur

I agree, I don't know how bards got stuck with 1577 base damage DoTs while Druids get 50k. Don't worry about instrument scaling, devs, just bump it up to 15,770 base damage and don't look back.

I was hoping this patch would make Vainglorious/BB always fulminate right before the recast is up instead of being variably extended
  2. Gana Augur

I assume greatly decreased would infer bringing them in line with the other spell lines.
  3. Kuvani Journeyman

I assume so, but I won't be home until way later tonight to check. Unless some nice person *cough*kaz*cough* wants to PM me specific numbers! :)
  4. Fohpo Augur

Why PM? Just post for all the curious bees trolling the forums from work.
  5. mmats Augur

Nature's Blistering Wrath Rk. III went from 52939 per tick to 29120. I guess the devs happened to agree with those of us who saw this coming. Shocker!

Weather forecast for today: 99% chance of Oakenblade tears.
  6. Belexes ForumQuester

I have seen nerd rage on the patch post, so it is like Christmas to me!!
  7. Fohpo Augur

I think the only thing left to see is how bad the changes to XP are, whether they will still be viable at 106+ for XP or is it really enough to push people out of their comfort zone.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

*You have increased long post reading (234).* :)

Well said. Part of the problem, in my opinion, is that there is a group of players in the game who play in an environment where everyone wants to be the best at dps or healing or whatever. What they can bring to the raiding table is the most important thing going and how they get judged. If your relative worth is judged on what you bring to the table with your class it is going to cause some intense feelings when someone feels one class or another has what they feel is an unfair advantage.

This is the downside of the whole competitive parsing side of EQ.

Nothing wrong with some competition but it does tend to get nasty

And as Leonard from Big Bang said.

"Well, i-i-i-it’s just if a person doesn’t have a sense of achievement in their real life it’s easy to lose themselves in a virtual world where they get a false sense of accomplishment."

Almost hate that quote because I can see the truth in it but it explains a lot of the ire and divisiveness . And this is probably why the nerfs will never stop and the only change will be which classs gets targeted.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Belexes ForumQuester

People really hate it when their cheese gets moved. They won't move, they will just girl dog about it.
  10. Fohpo Augur

I mean... it really wouldn't be the end of the world if I can't do 40-50 AA in 15 minutes anymore, I'd just go elsewhere. Just like what happen with the headshot nerfs to the temple in Dream Feerrott and later with the swarm zerker pulling in The Grounds. Still am curious as to how significant they are and whether people will swallow that or just continue on complaining as you say. It would be nice if it still turned out to be good XP for alts/guildies who are tagging along while I do progression or farm currency.
  11. DruidCT Augur

And thats why I didn't want them to turn the knobs on Druid dots because they only know how to use a sledgehammer. Fix numbers to appease the parsetards and butcher the group DPS, I haven't looked but they damn well better have reduced the mana cost or my sustained DPS will be less than my warrior (or more likely, will return to just using DD spells). Guess I'll see next week how much this brutalizes the group game, I don't have good hopes. Really only one spell needed work and they screw with most of them.
  12. Blitter Elder

13. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

And the devs fail again. Everyone expected the dots to be reduced and they should have been. But don't compound your mistakes by leaving the mana costs what they were when they were to much damage.

Do what you should have done in the first place. Given priests a slight boost in damage and either equal or slightly better mana efficiency then before this all started. No one had issue with them seeing a boost just not to the levels of real dps classes. Now its like the revamp just took dots away from priests entirely.
    kizant and mmats like this.
  14. Blitter Elder

t

The first thing they should have looked at was the recast times, rather than lowering the dot damage.

Although Darchon_Xegony spews out "burn single target" and DD's as the problem, the reality is that Shaman's/Druids really ramp up the damage on multi -target events. Limiting the recasting of the dot lines to 1-2 targets max cycle would have curbbed it a bit in raids, while also keeping it nice/fun in group content.
    mmats likes this.
  15. Siddar Augur

Well that wasn't a very nice Christmas!
  16. Tamaden Elder

I take my words back, this IS full blown Christmas up in this patch, DB i think i love you.......
  17. DruidCT Augur

I didn't even think about this. Is this where the big parse numbers were coming from? Because of running DoTs on multiple mobs? If thats the case then we got screwed for no damn good reason. Yes, just fix the recast time. I would gladly give up hitting multiple mobs for the ability to concentrate dots on a single mob. Wrath was already limited to very little overlap, do that on all but maybe a couple of the lighter DoTs (the ones with a debuff). They had so many ways to finesse this fix, but they went for the sledgehammer.
  18. Sancus Augur

No.
    mmats and Tucoh like this.
  19. DruidCT Augur

Alright, but still. Too big a hammer.
  20. Fohpo Augur

Multipliers and the stacking of aDPS with changes during the beginning of RoS were the cause I think. Agreed though, the hammer may have been too heavy for this particular change.
    Gyurika Godofwar and mmats like this.