This next patch will almost be like Christmas time!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Feb 12, 2018.

1. kizant Augur

I would hope so but it's always a gamble with the devs. More times than not they make a change so insignificant it has little effect or they completely destroy something until it's useless. A reasonable change would be good.
  2. Kuvani Journeyman

I'm not entirely sure how serious you are lol, but my main in ROI has always been a druid. I just main changed in Valhallah a few months ago though, yes.
  3. GoneFission Augur

I don't know how the hell this thread got redirected to a nerf Druid thread. I think DB needs to get the necros and SK dots done, then reconsider the entire dot/dps spectrum. Until they get all the dots done, the devs will just keep chasing their tails. I remember not that many years ago that setting the druids up with a dps versus healing stance was generally considered a good thing. Let's get all the "new" dots on the table and then try for some balance.
    Tatanka likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

berzerkers need a headbutt ability
  5. Kuvani Journeyman

Just because you haven't asked for druids to "do terrible DPS," and you aren't one of the many with the perception that druids are pure healers that should never outdps anyone, does not mean that no one feels that way and hasn't asked for druids to not be able to DPS.
  6. Fohpo Augur

But that would follow some kind of logic and not the dart board method for making decisions about class balance.
    [IMG]
  7. svann Augur

Sorry kids. No Christmas this year.
    :(
  8. Fohpo Augur

Don't worry, it'll get updated in like 7 more hours: "Tomorrow's update has been postponed until tomorrow."
  9. Tucoh Augur

Hasn't EQ been patched in the middle of every month pretty reliably going back several years? That's pretty commendable to me.
    Fohpo and Sancus like this.
  10. Fohpo Augur

If we're being honest and not impatient, they've been pretty steady about that - yes. I think a lot of people are just really curious about how this will be handled and want to see it in action.
  11. kizant Augur

Considering it needed to be postponed there's probably at least 1 interesting thing in the patch.
    Tatanka likes this.
  12. menown Augur

-Wizards will now be able to duel wield 2 hand blunt weapons.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. kizant Augur

If they did this I'd take back all the bad things I've said over the past year!
  14. Kuvani Journeyman

No, you wouldn't :)
    kizant likes this.
  15. Redrum_Redrum Augur

[IMG]

The new 4 arm Zerker patch allowing you to dual wield 2- 2handers
    Tiggold likes this.
  16. fransisco Augur

"In an effort to address the debuff limit, no player may place more than 5 debuffs on a mob" :p
  17. Spellfire Augur

Anyone placing more then 5 will be suspended? :p
  18. Tucoh Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-02-14-2018-patch-notes.247150/
  19. Fohpo Augur

20. Tucoh Augur

Not sure what the above Druid/Sha DoTs nerfs mean but looks like DBG hit what I expected them too.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-02-14-2018-patch-notes.247150/

- Skull of Null is now All/All and a charm slot item. Fixed the shielding effect. Changed the click spell to Annul Magic.
    - Worker Sledgemallet is now restricted to non-casters and classes that can use 2 handed weapons and can be equipped in the primary slot.
    - Fell Foliage (mission) - removed the mechanic where Caktiikii teleports people into the ravine. Slowed the spawn rate of the adds and increased the number required for the boss to lock his HP by one.
    - Fell Foliage (Mission) - reduced the number of the same cactus adds needed to create the atrocious cactus from 5 to 3. Also fixed a bug that caused one too many to be needed to spawn the atrocious cactus.
    - Heroic Adventure NPCs have lower stats at level 106+, compared to the January 2018.
    - - Spells cast by NPCs in Heroic Adventures scale in approximately the same way the NPC's stats scale. For levels 101+ this was generally an increase.
    - - Heroic Adventures stop scaling at the maximum level in the era they were introduced. For example, 15th anniversary and Call of the Forsaken errands released when the maximum level was 100, so even if there is a level 101+ player in the zone, the highest they will scale is as if the max level player in the zone is level 100.
    - Altered the experience granted from heroic adventures.
    - Altered the points granted from heroic adventures.

also RIP 9k procs on my 1h:
    - Lowered the damage on Strike of the Blood Orchid to one-hand weapon appropriate.