NEW TLP SERVER IDEAS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PIERRE STEUBEN, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Roxxlyy Augur

Changed the name of the thread from "poll" to "ideas" as I think the conversation that stemmed from the post is positive/constructive. Carry on discussing your TLP ideas :)
    snailish likes this.
  2. Fohpo Augur

The all items but tradeskill/vendor loot seems appealing, take it a step further and say that you had to participate in the kill in order to be able to loot.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Everything no drop is great. Classic was ruined by a lot of this. Sure you can sell loot rights. But you cant afk sell loot rights like they abused runnyeye and efreeti and others.

I never heard it before but i loooove the scaling idea. Then your guild of 30 friends can "compete" with the 72 man zerg runs. Double the raid, double the hp. Great idea really that helps the person wanting challenge rather than just steamrolling.
    snailish likes this.
  4. Fohpo Augur

The problem with the scaling idea is that there is always a sweet spot where numbers allow you to cheese mechanics. Either something does negligible damage or there are fewer adds spawning - it always ends up favoring either fewer or greater numbers and everyone flocks in that direction. At least, that's been my experience in every other game with a flex raid mechanic/grouping.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Everquest only having 90 expansions, is not ambitious enough, we are already on number 24...:p
  6. Numiko Augur

Should make a server where everyone get 1000 Krono to start with !
  7. TLPman Augur

I think next TLP needs to be just Like Agnarr is but don't stop at PoP. True boxing keeps the game as it should be played where you group up with others and play as a team. I think Vote content would be cool like they did on Ragefire. Agnarr is an amazing server its really sad that it will be dead here soon.
  8. Nolrog Augur

Ha ha ha ha. You think so . . . .
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Or... how about the Quarm 2.0. Call it the First Creation Server.

Starts in SoD and everyone gets one Heroic character to start. 90 days to unlock Underfoot. This will give people time to camp Augments, get rank3 spells, complete epic 2.0s, unlock Mercenaries, etc. Then Underfoot launches.

Achievements are available for completing Timeshear, SoD Progression, SoD Tower Raids, Underfoot Progression, Underfoot Raids, Shawl 2.0 (Group).

Close server after 120 days and merge into Brekt.

Too much replaying of Classic-PoP has gone on recently. Should throw one progression server far into the Expansion list to spice it up. Underfoot is generally considered the hardest raid and group expansion so it would allow people awhile to work through the content in era.
    Polekn, Genoane and snailish like this.
  10. Silinius Augur

I've said this before but the ideas that would get a ton of subs aka $$ for DBG have always been:

- 90 Day Auto Unlock of Xpac (yes, I know Classic and Kunark don't have enough content to really support it but as it's not really possible to code in shorter unlocks earlier on, deal with it)
    - Instancing via AoCs
    - FV Loot Rules (most items trade-able minus epics)
    - Boxing allowed (before you crucify me for this, note that I said it would get a ton of subs aka $$ for DBG. Open world will always be dominated by 1-2 guilds, that is why there is instancing included)
    snailish likes this.
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Why isn't it possible to code classic and Kunark eras to be shorter? We have different length of expansion unlocks on Phinigel. 12 weeks for level increasing expansions, 8 week for non-level increasing. Surely they could apply the 8 week unlock timer to classic and Kunark, and do 12 weeks for expansions with more content?
    ECrack likes this.
  12. Nolrog Augur

90 days for some of them is way too long. Getting stuck in DoD, DoDh and PoR for 9 months will be a struggle to get thru.
  13. snailish Augur

No one should give you a hard time for this idea. You're not proposing every server be this way...

This is not aimed at the casual player, so it shouldn't apologize for doing the early eras with shorter timeframes. [I say this as a very casual player] If not going pure racing unlock, it is reasonable to set the timeframes so they are "just enough" time for dedicated guilds to beat the encounters. The players that want this kind of play don't want 3 (6 or 12) months to farm Kunark (or whatever) but they do need enough time to actually beat everything in some of the later expacs.

Basically this is a Phinny 2.0 + FV loot code -truebox.

I think it is totally viable, likely would be a top 4 in all of EQ population server for at least a year. It would be nice if Agnarr is allowed to go into its lock before any more servers start, but if Daybreak knows that sooner is better for $, let them have at it.
  14. TLPman Augur

Try and go get a group on ragefire and then go try on Agnarr and tell me where you find a group faster... Truebox server is way better with out a doubt.
    ECrack likes this.
  15. ECrack Augur

I'll chime in my dream server.
    1. TRUE BOX
    2. Instanced
    3. Droppable items like FV
    4. FV exp rates.

Lastly but certainly not least... there are a couple different options (like I said this is MY personal dream server and I know I'm about to get yelled at for this portion.)

Ideally it would be PVP. I miss the Rallos Zek days. However, if items were lootable by players then I'd want it to stop progression before PoP. So Velious or Luclin. If items aren't player lootable i'd be okay with it going up to Omens of War.

But I know that's likely a pipe dream, so if it's going to be PVE (yeah i know, most likely) then I wouldn't want it to stop progressing. It should go on til its live.

Hmm.. The unlocking would be an interesting question. Probably make classic done in a month or two cause you do everything in classic real quick. Probably similar for Kunark. After that i'd be okay with extended unlocks.

To be honest each expansion should have its own unlock time frame cause some take longer then others to really get the full experience. I would leave this up to DBG though to determine the time frames because the player base as a whole isn't great for the voting method IMO.

Anyways that's my 2 cents, be gentle.
  16. ECrack Augur

What do you mean code in unlocks? they can unlock the servers whenever they want. How do you think they do the vote unlocks my dude?
  17. ECrack Augur

Definitely agreed. Truebox is better by far. Boxing is single player.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

In the February patch, servers that unlock based on time will use the "Scheduled Events" system. This system is based on dates we put in data. The same system that unlocks most event like Erolisi Day, Anniversary, etc. In this system, we place an individual date for each expansion unlock.
    So... we can make it any date on the Gregorian calendar. One limit is the shortest time fragment is one hour. So the person (who was being sarcastic I expect) who mentioned 90 second unlocks... not happening!
    The voting system is a really nasty set of scripts. And while LESS flexible, it can be adjusted. Adjusting this is very difficult. It has the 2 week issue of the votes as well. The scripts here are... okay.... they killed everything... add a number of days, and then find the first vote that is available. The logic for that is a mess and I'm not going into it here.
  19. Absent_minded New Member

How about the first 3 expansions then the next three open up after 6 months. Could do true box or boxing I don't care. I kind of like the way they did it on agnarr.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

True box obviously appeals to the returning players. Otherwise we would be on the other servers that already exist. There's something very empty about running around in modern eq with mindless box crews. True box helps that a lot.

I really don't think they're going to loosen that up.