Bane Items

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by The Nexus, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Prathun Developer

Just thinking out loud. :)
    Gana and snailish like this.
  2. Heartland Augur

You heard it here first boys, Prathuns fixing it!
  3. Prathun Developer

Made some changes so that Mayong will remember the top several players on his hatelist and resume attacking them after the effect from the Glimmering Dawnstone wears off.
    Under the hood, the change isn't super pretty. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, we don't currently have a great way to store and restore a hatelist so there's a bit of hand-crafted scripting required to make this happen.
    Chatoyan, Punchu and mackal like this.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Excellent, can't wait to test it out assuming the raid leader doesn't kick me first.
    Prathun likes this.
  5. Catashe Augur

Oh lord watch out.. Next thing we know the Dawnstone will have the opposite effect and will make him immune to slow.. ;)
    Prathun likes this.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Upon further testing the clicky doesn't deal the normal damage that it should. I must've just hit mine the same time as a Cleric or Paladin's bane. It does however let me click it on the spider and appears to FD/Stun the mob.

The other classes banes on the minis of this event do the following chunks of damage:

Rogue, Enchanter, Wizard, Mage Banes = 10% damage to Wolf each bane.
    Cleric and Paladin Banes = 15% damage to Spider each bane.
    Warrior, Ranger, Monk, Necromancer Banes = 15% damage to Gargoyles each bane.
    Shadow Knight and Zerker Banes = FD on the Orc + 10% damage.
    Bard and Beastlord Banes = 10% damage to Orc per bane.
    Monk and Necromancer = 40% damage to Gargoyles per bane.

It seems broken that the Druid/Shaman bane currently only FD's the spider. One would imagine it functions like the SK or Zerker banes and does an FD and 10% DMG. Otherwise its the only bane clicky that doesn't actually deal damage in Phase 1 of the fight.
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Tested out bane on Mayong tonight.

It did remove most everyone from combat. After the click the slow effectiveness did not increase, and he also didn't appear to stop attacking for a long period of time if at all. He however did keep his focus on the main tank and I did not notice the Rampage going onto a new person... so your fix for him retaining his hatelist at the top end seemed to work. The click just seems rather lackluster otherwise.

Also I was watching a bit more closely on the spider during the first phase of the fight. The druid bane appears to FD/Stun the spider for around 10 seconds and *maybe* it does 2-3% damage, I wasn't sure if that was just a good paladin slay or the click. It seems off the the bane does less than 10% damage, which all the other class banes do at this point in the fight.
  8. Ryak Augur

Honestly, i'd rather they worry about PoR at this point. At least the bane clicky is a bit more functional than it used to be.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  9. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

This.