What is up with jewelcraft market?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by svann, Feb 11, 2018.

1. svann Augur

I find it curious how jewelcraft pricing immediately fell to less than the cost of the mats. Ingenious rings are priced at 60k on bazaar. The mats to make that ring cost almost 90k.
    2x19.25k (conf diamond) + 35k (conf platinum) + 3x 5.25k (cleaning solution) = 89.25k.
    And thats not even counting chance to fail and lose some mats.

Who sells for less than the cost of the mats? I could understand it if this was a skillup recipe, but those days are long gone. No one is making tons of ros rings to skillup. Before someone says "but you could farm the mats for free", the fact is that if you just sold your farmed mats at current prices you would make more than you make crafting the ring and selling it. So Im not seeing any sense in crafting ros jewelcraft at the prices they go for. So why do people still do it?
  2. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Probably because someone has stockpiles of mats and didn't pay anything for them.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

Started a long babbling post with potential reasons, I think there could be quite a lot of explanations, one is that 94k is asked price, but not well met by the market, the other is abundance of those rings for some reason... sorry, no good answer...
  4. bazinga Elder

cost of materials if you farm them = free
    cost of vendor materials = ?? about 6k plat...don't know never added it.
    so anything over that vendor cost is profit.
    Just because other people have a asking price on the drops doesn't mean they are actually selling at those prices.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

All rings and necks still over 200K on my server. Must be just some special case on your server.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Depends what people have been farming, Prices eventually do come down.
  7. Cicelee Augur

The seller probably knows that they are going to be taking a loss due to market saturation, so they are trying to just recoup some of their investments in the mats.

Like what you see when a retail store puts an item on clearance for 25% off. Then after a week it goes down to 50%. Then 75%. Then 90%. You just hope to get back some money from what you bought...
  8. Warpeace Augur

All that stuff is really super cheap to make. Its just the dropped raw materials that take time to accumulate. Once they hit a point its junk status.
  9. YellowBelly Augur

I price all mine extremely low on purpose. Mostly due to the high number of resellers trying to corner the market. The more they buy from me the more I can create and replace. The only semi expensive component to jewelry is 5k. It’s laughable people are trying to sell at 250-400k. It’s a cesspool of people trying to rip others off and it’s good to see the little guy win once in awhile.
  10. Pistols4Pandas Elder

The mats are really common drops and easy farming, the crafter knows prices will be coming down quickly and is out to make a buck before they do.

He's farming the mats himself. You should be, too.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The reasoning of these people doing that is quite simple: ERMAHGAHDZ if I don't have the lowest price I'll never sell mine!!11!1!!111one!11!!1

Which is the complete opposite of reality.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

This is usually a case of someone who is new to trade skills imo or just has poor sense of an items value assuming they could sell the raw materials to other players for a higher profit margin. Yes in some cases people just try to undercut everyone with no profit gains to help out the community but the end result is actually a negative as they cut the throats of the real trade skillers and diminish their enthusiasm to craft things for the community. One of two things will most likely happen on this server with either there being a new price reset with the raw materials (mob drop ones) going down and everything they are used in also following or someone will buy out this trader in hopes of maintaining the current price until the demand has diminished and then prices will gradually trend down. If the market is already saturated with the raw materials and sales have started to slow down this natural progression might be happening faster than some would have hoped for or some have been waiting for.
  13. Millianna Augur

The price of the mats are inflated. If you have an item sale for a month and no one buys it, either no one wants it or your price is to high. This doesn’t have to do with anything else.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Or they already made the item so they're stuck trying to sell it. Perhaps they should have sat on the more versatile materials and tried to sell those instead but it's a bit late after they click combine. They're just trying to sell an object that's in less demand right now.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

This is usually a newb mistake to crafting. Crafting 101 don't over produce an item unless you know the demand is higher than the supply. I learned this one the hard way early on and still have things in storage that I slowly offload from years ago.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

bout sold all my secure rings in the 275-300k range. price of conflagrant bars doesn't wanna seem to come down though 180-250k at the moment. been selling conflagrant ears to in that range (250k). jewelry seems to be a good seller.

Andarriel
  17. Nudia Augur

I'll make any of the tradeskill gear at cost (fails included) on Povar, as time allows. I can enchant your platinum, I can cut your diamonds, I can glaze your idol (mmmmhmmmmmm).
  18. Fyuri Journeyman

People here are delusional, and influenced by inflated prices created by monopoly pricing, the mats are incredibly common and the gear is worth dirt, literally. It isnt worth crap, once enough players realize how easy it is to farm this stuff the price will tank to 10-15k per slot in a week and its likely going to happen in the next couple weeks.

Go actually kill the mobs that drop the wood/silk/ore its laughably easy and common.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

That sounds way creepy
  20. Feznik Elder

I'm the guy whose buying from you , and reselling them:p

I'll let you do all the work, let you waste hours stuck on your account making items, let you go farm more drops, while I resell yours for a 25-50k profit. Thanks EQ bazaar.

Gotta love the EQ bazaar system.:D