106 Beastlord help.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beastlordz, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Beastlordz New Member

I've been playing for about 2 months now on FV and starting to do CoTF progession. I am wondering how far I would be able to go just moloing with a cleric merc. I have an EM 23 pet focus and tier 2 RoS non vis with Selrach's armor. Roughly 14k AAs. So my question is, if I were to buy 105 raid armor how much more would it improve my dps as a beastlord vs the group gear and how much more progression could I accomplish with it? Or should I Just focus on getting AAs before doing progression?
  2. UncleUms Journeyman

105 raid armor would be a waste of money if you are already in Selrach's. DPS wise you would not see a huge difference. I would max my AAs and then go form there.
  3. Pistols4Pandas Elder

Add a boxed Mage and save yourself a lot of $$$. Mage/BL in the hands of a skilled player can do a lot. What you can't accomplish yourself you can offer Platinum for help with at a much much lower price than trying to raid-gear a BL, even a raid geared BL is not a Warrior. Raid gear does not make a character some sort of super hero, it makes them have maybe 6-8% more DPS / hit points, a beast lord would still go down like a sack of potatoes in tough content, hardly worth spending a ton of money on.

Raid gear is most valuable to tanks, the weapons are super useful to Melee DPS classes, and the pet ear and dmg/healing foci to casters, but none will make your class achieve much it couldn't already .
  4. Gurtu New Member

I've seen some Beastlords destroy stuff their pet is absolutely an amazing Tank with the right focus. Yeah they won't be tanking multiples like a Warrior but with an enchanter or bard they can practically destroy non stop you wouldn't need to spend a 500 million plat to be as good as a warrior if u just get a good focus earring and have some CC
  5. Mordeen Lorekeeper

Raid gear has followed a cookie cutter percentage for the last several expansions. Raid gear is around 30-35% higher in hit points, mana and endurance. The biggest factor though is AC which is also 30-35% higher and is a huge defensive advantage. RoS warrior chest is 932 AC while RoS T2 group is only 718 AC. Huge difference!
  6. Gurtu New Member

A solo Warrior with merc would not be nearly as good as a Beastlord with a chanter.
  7. Toomba Elder

Beastlordz if your financially loaded, go ahead and buy the raid gear and watch the content melt before you
  8. Blueblue New Member

I've been playing for about 2 months now on FV and starting to do CoTF progession. I am wondering how far I would be able to go just moloing with a cleric merc. I have an EM 23 pet focus and tier 2 RoS non vis with Selrach's armor. Roughly 14k AAs. So my question is, if I were to buy 105 raid armor how much more would it improve my dps as a beastlord vs the group gear and how much more progression could I accomplish with it? Or should I Just focus on getting AAs before doing progression?

-- To answer your question in bulk I'd say do both, meaning do AA's and progression, they'll compliment each other and further advance what you are actually looking for, dps. Once capped, which you are, the heroic resolutions/stats are a great way to improve heroic stats. Its basically doing work for + stats.

For your AA's, max out Companion's Fortification and Fury for the molo aspect, and keep what those AA's give on constant cooldown.

My experience with the gear is that its complimentary to the player. A good way to increase your dps might be to focus on augs that give +HDex, and try to push your "Combat Effects" up one point. Good proc'ing weapons with good proc'ing augs will help. Frost Blossom (aug) is cheap and good. Or, fill your type 13's and get a Thael Ew Totem or Enchanted Dragon Scale.

As far as how far you will be able to go, you set that limit, you're the one out there doing it. If someone says something is not molo-able, and you go molo it..well, which becomes true? I also play a Beast on FV, maybe we can group sometime. Be safe, take care, and goodluck! This is a great class.
  9. Xazier Elder

Yeah their is a Beastlord named Eryssel on FV and is one of the greatest and nicest person you will ever meet there. He/She can help you with just about anything. And by the way I moloed all progression from CoTF through EoK outside of like 4 missions and I am in t1 group gear which is worse than yours so you can do it.
  10. Eryssel Journeyman

Ty! ^_^