My daybreak opinion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toomba, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Again, just because you were unable to understand it, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. For example, if somebody speaks to me in Cantonese, I don't assume what they said makes no sense. There's a communication breakdown on my end because I don't understand Cantonese. However in this particular scenario, I suspect the communication breakdown exists because you're not very intellectually inclined. I'm sorry if that comes off as harsh, I'm trying to say it in the least disparaging way I can think of.
  2. Mordeen Lorekeeper

Leave Oakenblade alone, he is such a genius only he understands most of his posts. Reminds me a great deal of Battleblade. lol
  3. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

It has nothing to do with me being smart, and it has everything to do with people being not smart. Let's look at some opinions:

-Apples are good
    -Cherries are bad
    -Purple is my favorite
    -Jimi Hendrix was a great guitarist
    -Chimichangas are tasty

Now let's look at another phrase.

-I choose to pay to play everquest

See how one of these things is not like the others? (Hint: It's because one of them is the result of an opinion, and not in fact an opinion itself)
  4. Mordeen Lorekeeper

I rest my case. Obviously mere mortals are incapable of understanding you phenomenal intelligence. :D
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Negative 10 forum points for mentioning the "B" name.
  6. Mordeen Lorekeeper

rofl, at least everyone knows I'm not a noob, though I only post when I've been shafted by the powers that be yet again...
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Fear not. We have new people who’ve risen up to carry the torch He Who Shall Not Dual Weild originally lit.

Check out RangerBB (coincidentally also in Triton!) in the hybrid subforum Here, continuing the lord’s work. It’s swell.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  8. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I'm sorry that when I explain 3rd grade educational material it makes you feel threatened. I'll be less condescending next time and allow people to believe that an opinion can mean whatever they want it to mean.
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

Well, what started out as a decent conversation took a left turn and went into the corn field.
  10. Mordeen Lorekeeper

It will be centuries before I remotely feel threatened by the likes of you, but please continue in your self delusion. :D
  11. Mordeen Lorekeeper

True, I'll stop feeding this one.
  12. Scorrpio Augur

Too late. Once in the corn field it can feed by itself.
  13. Mordeen Lorekeeper

:D :D :D
  14. Gana Augur

To be fair, "literally" now means figuratively as well as literally, thanks to people who literally use the word ALL. THE. TIME. I can understand the confusion.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

For me personally I give them mixed reviews. From a business standpoint they have done amazing things bringing people back via the TLP servers increasing revenue on recycled content for what I can only imagine has been at minimal costs especially compared to creating new content. The closure of LON was a smart business move as it probably cost more to operate than it was generating but as a customer I am still a little bitter over this. I can accept its closure if it means keeping the game around but I really miss opening up my packs both the free ones and the thousands I had purchased. The AA consolidation to free up resources was probably another smart move as I am sure this is another cost saving measure to help the longevity of the game. In general from a business perspective I would give them a B. The lack of marketing and recent player retention issues (both with this last patch and the looming issues on AB as examples) keep me from giving them an A in this department.

As far as communication goes I would give them a C. I will start by saying I think for the most part there has been more activity from them over the last year than I can remember. The one issue I have is when I see comments on threads with minimal activity and little to nothing on threads with countless pages. Also some of the responses are rather generic when they do respond and leave more questions than answers. I will say that as players and customers we are partly to blame for this. Even when we do get a solid response some people will continue to egg on or even insult the developers which I can only imagine leads to them not wanting to discuss things in the future. Its one thing to not agree with something or ask for further clarification but its another thing to be outright disrespectful towards them.

Until recently I would have given gameplay an A-. I will reserve my grade on this one for after the next patch. The QOL improvements made over the last year or two are much appreciated. I love the find feature in the inventory and on merchants for example. The key ring features have freed up significant bag space and I hope they continue to expand on this concept. Some areas for improvement would be in the realm of merc's and more solo and casual centered content for T1 zones in new expansions.
    Niskin, Gyurika Godofwar and Mordeen like this.
  16. Mordeen Lorekeeper

I will give them a "b" for intentions, a "c" for communication and an "f" for actual execution. Kneejerk reaction to old content just doesn't cut it. They need leave old content the heck alone and worry about current content. I'm sick of them nerfing nerfing nerfing my power and abilities I put a lot of effort and time into. It truly makes me feel like what's the use. Whatever I do management will just take it away from me.
    Caell likes this.
  17. Skvoid Elder

I just did sealed gate HA todays HA on AB, with 110 SK 108 mage and 107 enchanter, took me over an hour to do and nearly died a few times at end with the multiple mobs adding some unmezzable etc. According to gameparse they have about 7-8 million health, at the end I basically decided it's not worth doing old content anymore, no drops and the experience for time taken isn't worth it even with as a daily HA, which is a pity I enjoyed doing these HAs.
    Apart from the nerf to the HAs I think they are doing a decent job content wise, and like other mentioned the addition of search for bags key rings advanced loot and other quality of life things have been great.
    I think they really need to work on class balance more though, having support classes doing top dps while pure dps struggle for example isn't great, enchanters are back on unlimited mana with the dot again, druids dps and healing like bosses etc etc.