Any legit emperor kills yet?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by welly321, Feb 9, 2018.

1. welly321 Elder

So has any guild on Agnarr killed Emperor Ssraeschza legitimately or has all the kills been zone line pulls?
  2. welly321 Elder

Sounding pretty mad about my post? Triggered?
  3. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I don't even really play on TLPs anymore, but he has a point. Seriously next level dumb. You can tell there's no real mental filtering when you post. Like you read something or something pops in your head and you immediately start typing.
    Pictarous likes this.
  4. welly321 Elder

So it sounds like the answer to my original question is No. There have been no legitimate emperor kills yet. Everyone has been cheesing the encounter with zone line pulls. Got it.
    Jaxarale likes this.
  5. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Back when Phinny was in Luclin my guild did Emp legit every time. That was like a year and some change ago?
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I imagine if anyone is killing open world on Agnarr they would be doing it the legit way?

Otherwise you have some really lazy guild contestion if nobody is calling them out on it with video proof.
    Risiko likes this.
  7. welly321 Elder

Nope Faceless zone line pulled even in open world. I guess no other guilds are that worried about it since everyone is doing it.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

IF that is true then it's a failure on the part of the tracker(s) of other guilds that have any dreams of doing open world mobs for not pursuing every avenue of securing stuff like that for themselves.

Then again I have no idea if Agnarr even has open world contestion like Phinny did or if everyone just rolled over for Faceless and sat in their instances once a week.
    Pictarous likes this.
  9. welly321 Elder

I think whats happening is that people are convinced that zone line pulling the Emperor and skipping keying your raid is perfectly legit. This is why no one has video recorded and petitioned faceless for doing it in open world. This is also why the leader of Faceless posted in this thread so angrily. He obviously doesn't want to be called out on it.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Well he's not wrong that you seem to be misinformed with how easy it is to /assist a player from anywhere in the zone to target a mob that you typically wouldn't be able to /target. Third party programs aren't required to perform the exploit, a single keyed player is more than sufficient.
  11. sieger Augur

I don't know what "legit" means in this context when you're talking about guilds using time honored techniques that date back to the earliest days of EverQuest to make encounters less difficult. Is killing Emperor at zone line without having to CC+off tank his adds easier? Absolutely. Is it "illegitimate?" At least as of right now it 100% is not.

Back in the early days of EQ most kills of Vox and Naggy happened in their rooms, with very large raid forces. Is that more difficult than pulling them to a hard corner and having most of your raid dodge their AEs/Fears and healers sit out of line of sight of them? Absolutely using a hard corner it's less difficult, but is it "less legit"? How about killing Tunare using an Ogre wall? Something that's been done since in-era. How about pulling Dain down into the pit, basically neutralizing his banish vs fighting him up top and using Magicians to COTH tanks back? Easier sure, "not legitimate", I dunno.

I feel like the Devs have telegraphed to us when they want a fight done a certain way, for example all the rooted NToV bosses, they clearly don't want you using certain strategies on them which is why they can't be moved.

I will say this much though--regardless of the legit vs not legitimate arguments people should be getting Emperor keys and prudent guilds are already working hard on it.
    Pictarous likes this.
  12. Boze TLP complaint factory

I just find it weird how vocal the Agnarr playerbase is about things that no one on Phinny complained about. The emp room key/ring is a nice piece for toons anyway, and your guild is gonna kill emp either way.
  13. HappyPanda Augur

Several guilds are pushing for Emp keys and offering DKP bonus for completion of key.

Despite that, we only get 12 weeks per xpac and we aren't going to sit around not raiding VT while we wait for everyone to complete their Emp keys given that several reasonable pull methods exist to help us kill Emp while we continue to get fully keyed.

Many of our players have their Emp keys and many are close, it will happen soon enough. In the meantime pulling Emp to Rhag1 is a reasonable solution.

We aren't using the mentioned program either, just regular game mechanics. We have a fairly strict policy on cheating and kick people from guild if they are found to be using any cheat software.
  14. Rouan Augur

Lol. Zones have a 150 or so person cap. 30+ random people plus 70+ Faceless in zone. Doesn't matter if you're aware or not, you're not jamming enough people in there to matter. Best you could do is have a keyed person ready to steal some keys for ya.
  15. Pictarous Augur

This is coming from a prolific /r/AgnarrFlames poster who is o b s e s s e d with Faceless Empire.

Just send in an application bro, you spend enough time talking about them as is, might as well join.
  16. Pictarous Augur

About to blow welly321's mind:

1. You can target mobs through walls with /tar Mobname, bonus ease of use if you jam yourself into a wall.

2. Taunt doesn't check y-axis.

3. Stand above or below, or really even near, and press taunt.

4. Mob is now running towards you.

How do you think mobs are single pulled from the Arena in KT?
  17. Pictarous Augur

This is exactly what has happened. Everyone else just rolled over.

Noone even bothers for OW anymore, the only attempts have been if there is a raid force chilling at their AoC and something pops next to them....yet even then, they just won't bother.

I think guilds learned their lesson wasting hours in ToV...I know for a fact members left Addictions and FoR after getting cucked in Tov over and over.
  18. Pictarous Augur

It's less "a vocal agnarr playerbase" and more like 1-2 people whose lives revolve around Everquest, and more specifically, trying to get the attention of the big dogs on the server. They are usually some sperglord in a third rate guild who sees FE mains fully geared in 5 days/a week, and OW raid clears in 5min-1 hour. They get jealous and mad that their guild "are cowards and don't even attempt to contest OW" (quote from a FoR member's /guild on Twitch) and take hours to clear trivial content.

So no-life p99ers (or is that redundant?) who are still, to this day, trying to Lawyerquest their way into being competitive.

Unlike, you know, actually being good at the game or joining a competitive guild.
    nophilter likes this.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Where's click-from-bags while we're at it?

That'd be legit.
  20. Pictarous Augur

Cheese? Looks like its totally intended to me. 16 years later and no patch, even tho noone has been hiding it? Why is this so important to you?

Is pulling Trak out of his room "an exploit" or cheesing? Is pulling Nagafen, or Vox, or Inny, or CT, or KT, or Ogre walling Tunare, or pulling Dain to the pit, or Dagarn to the ledge, or Koi-Doken to the ledge? What about Chardok royals? Venril Sathir to the pit?
    nophilter likes this.