Way to go Valhallah

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Feb 5, 2018.

1. draginn Elder

Grats! Nice work.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

It's all about execution. It gets easier each time we do it.
  3. Axxius Augur

Aren't they just the ROI members on alts?
  4. Bahdah Augur

5. Aldryn Another New Member

Eight "alts" in total out of a 63-man roster. Six of those eight actually had attendance on ROS raids. Everyone else is a Firiona Vie native.
    Amarylis likes this.
  6. feeltheburn Augur

all due respect, but that kinda takes the mystery out of strat and execution on raids, sorting it out for yourself as a "progressive" guild, but to each his own.
  7. Sancus Augur

To be fair, Vault isn't a raid where an RoI strat or a small core of RoI players can carry you. Certainly skipping some of the learning is an advantage, but I think everyone there deserves to be proud of their execution on Vault.
  8. feeltheburn Augur

no doubt sir on that, still gotta execute, but there is ALOT to be said for eliminating the learning curve and just having to execute. Its a really big picture to focus on when you have to both learn the event and then execute, you have to admit that. Definitely a good victory, again gotta execute to win and for that there is true merit, but again big help when you dont have the burden of learning the event on you.
  9. Tiggold Augur

Thanks for the grats, and all the backhanded grats as well!
    Brohg likes this.
  10. Piemastaj Augur

ROTE streams the raid lol.

You can get most of the strat from their streams.

Guess all the beta work Triton did made your wins feel worse also?

Gratz on the wins.
  11. ShadowMan Augur

Everyone MUST execute to win these raids but having knowledge of the raids themselves has been massive for tier 2 event 2 and 3. And will again in tier 3.

I am not knocking anyone but even one player in a guild having strats or just a heads up on the major mechanics of some events can save a guild days in time.
  12. feeltheburn Augur

I feel just fine on our wins professor. We earned it didnt need videos, streams or 8 alts there but hey win is a win right? Take ya long to think that up? Is what it is. I m sure its not different at all having the players there and video but hey thats just me. to each his own enjoy. Felt I was pretty respectful in my answer to Sanc, but always some crass tool like you gotta bring up genius remarks like yours there.
  13. Horyuken Augur

This must come to a stop or you will all undermine the entire time locked progression raid ecosystem!!
  14. Piemastaj Augur

Hardly genius remarks, merely remarks on my lunch break that came to me. You literally made 2 posts saying 'grats, but .....', that is what is referred to as a backhanded compliment. Your comments came off as belittling an achievement simply because they had a handful of players from a guild who had already beaten the event. Lets diminish the other 46-48 players who had never beaten the event before, good stuff.

Stay classy Triton.

Again GGs, onto T3!
    Amarylis likes this.
  15. feeltheburn Augur

see it as you see fit to validate your comments little one. I stand by my comment shrug whether your blind to facts or not.... your naive if you believe having EIGHT players on hand to eliminate the entire learning curve of the event and just execute doesnt diminish it some. And dont wet on everyone here and say its raining about your ROI stream theory either, having folks THERE is quite the difference then studying a video and then executing. enjoy whatever inane banter you follow up on this with, I wont retort or engage your naivete or utter refusal to the truth, I will congratulate your 2nd guild and we will all ignore the asterisk next to their win.
  16. Elricvonclief Augur

Congrats!
    Sancus likes this.
  17. Skalde Elder

Guilds that have done the events in beta have a much bigger advantage imo. I'm sure people have friends in other top guilds and sometimes their strats or little tips might leak on events and a guild could potentially use those hints and use perfect execution to get a win so there's no need for an asterisk. Even on beta forums there were strats basically posted by players about the events and people could've saved those too so who knows who is winning legit with no info.
    Tactic likes this.
  18. Aldryn Another New Member

It's sincerely depressing that this is what the forums have become. A simple "grats" thread turns into a measuring contest by people trying to convince themselves and the rest of the community that their wins mean more than another guild's wins. Heaven-for-f******-bid you simply say "Grats!" and move along about your business without trying to show off the size of your ego. Getting the last word in is more important than having any kind of class or respect for anyone or anything.

Since you're so interested in Valhallah, how about you actually ask the 55 people on the roster whether or not they enjoy it? How about you ask them if all their wipes felt like wipes* just because there were 6 other players from another guild along on the event. Or! OR! You could just substitute all the s***talking for an application on their forums?! I hear they're looking for Enchanters! Then maybe you'll actually have a clue about what you're talking about.

Holy Christ almighty. Screw the pre-workout, I should just start coming to these forums 30 minutes before the gym.

Congrats, Valhallah!
    Tiggold, Amarylis, Spellfire and 5 others like this.
  19. Sancus Augur

I don't really understand what your issue is tbh. The farther you move away from #1, the more strats are passed down and the less unknown events really are. There are plenty of alts from top guilds, including RoI, in other guilds even in the top 10. RoTE streams these raids too, and you really can determine most of the event mechanics from that.

It does help to have those people in your raid certainly, I don't think anyone's denying that. But if you want to start adding asteriks you'd be adding a whole bunch - to every guild that beta tests and every guild that receives outside help. You can add qualifiers to every win to diminish its significance in your own head, or you can accept that a win is a win and those who were able to execute on this raid in its current form deserve to feel proud.

I get your point, but I don't know why you feel the need to repeatedly try to diminish the accomplishments of the vast majority of Valhallah members who are not also in RoI.
    Whulfgar and Bigstomp like this.
  20. Wuddane Elder

If this is the case, I'm available for taking measurements.

Line up, single file, no talking.
    Kuvani, Ssdar and Aldren like this.