Bane Items

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by The Nexus, Jan 22, 2018.

1. The Nexus New Member

I was just curious if the bst/bard banes were removed from demi for the mayong event to increase bat timers?
  2. The Nexus New Member

So any Dev able to give some input?

I know its from the Performer event but its not showing on the loot list or able to find the item name anywhere online

The Performer`s Spirit whoops, 'We did it, ______! Free again! We've broken the shackles of enslavement that the Master imposed upon my troupe. It's only fair that we offer you compensation for this assistance. Is there a bard, beastlord, druid, or shaman among you that could [assist] in destroying the Master once and for all?'

Its only giving dru/shm though
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The Dru/Shm bane is such a troll of an item.

Yes, we definitely want to memblur Mayong mid-fight. That's exactly the kind of tactical ability we want to grant to Druids and shamans.
  4. The Nexus New Member

Yeah lol, I can't see another use for it other then maybe during a wipe, a shm/dru could blur then rez/call but I am also curious with the patch on blurring raid mobs if that part will even work. It would be cool if just the stun portion took effect.
  5. Prathun Developer

Reviewed the dialogues and dialogue scripts and tested in game as a bard. Couldn't find any problems. Said the things and received the item.

[Mon Jan 22 17:45:48 2018] You say, 'Hail, The Performer`s Spirit'
    [Mon Jan 22 17:45:49 2018] The Performer`s Spirit whoops, 'We did it, Gegdain! Free again! We've broken the shackles of enslavement that the Master imposed upon my troupe. It's only fair that we offer you compensation for this assistance. Is there a bard, beastlord, druid, or shaman among you that could [assist] in destroying the Master once and for all?'
    [Mon Jan 22 17:45:51 2018] You say, 'assist'
    [Mon Jan 22 17:45:51 2018] The Performer`s Spirit says, 'I've found that my Gold Chime of Resonance inflicts intense anguish on certain residents of the Demi-Plane of Blood, and I've always wanted to try it on the Master himself. Take it. Perhaps you can succeed where my followers and I have failed.'
    [Mon Jan 22 17:45:51 2018] The Performer`s Spirit fades away.
    eepok and Bobbybick like this.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Now... lets see about making the Druid/Shaman clickies useful!
  7. The Nexus New Member

Aye, I got it to work sorry for not updating. thanks for looking into it Prathun
    Prathun likes this.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

After testing, it turns out the Druid/Shaman bane does deal damage to the Spider, which all of the guides seem to neglect to mention.

I do have to ask Prathun what the intent was behind the Mayong side of the Druid/Shaman bane. A clicky that memblurs a raid mob? I'm not sure I can ever see the purpose of this... does it do something else secretly we aren't aware of?
  9. Prathun Developer

The Burst of Dawn from the Glimmering Dawnstone increases the effectiveness of Slow effects, inflicts damage, and "stuns" Mayong. The duration of the stun increases the more times the effect is used.
    snailish and Darchon_Xegony like this.
  10. mackal Augur

So does this mean this "mem blur" on Mayong shouldn't be happening? (I haven't done the fight, but that's what the guides say that one does)
  11. Horyuken Augur

Stuns sometimes will look like a memblur
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I am very intrigued.

All the guild's I've been in have banned the use of the Druid bane on Mayong because they thought it memory wiped him.

So it changes how much he mitigates slow? It does damage. And "stuns".

I imagine the click bumps from slightly successful slows to partially successful slows or partially to mostly successful slows? Damage in sure I could figure out. But why is Stun in quotes? I can't really think of any unstunnable mobs that special effects allow to Stun so maybe you have some workaround for this that appears to function like a memblur?

Anywho, thanks a lot for replying! I'd always just taken the Guides and Allaposts as gospel. Turns out that was unwise!
  13. Heartland Augur

Have you found White Vulak yet?
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Believe it or not, a lot of the info submitted to alla on some of these old encounters may not be entirely accurate. Whether that is due to game changes or people misconstruing what is actually happening in front of them who could say, sometimes things aren't entirely clear when you beat an encounter with "105 ranger with j5 cleric merc ezgame ezrares".
  15. Prathun Developer

The "stun" is in quotes because it's not the stun spell effect. It was implemented by setting Mayong's no_combat status to TRUE for the duration of the effect. This means that the NPC can be attacked and will not attack back. But... a non_combat NPC cannot hold a hatelist.
    There may be a better way to implement this. (We don't currently have a great way to store and restore a hatelist.)
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not directly related, but curious, there used to be raids back when single target rampage was a thing, where the boss would retain the same rampage list even through death (so if you rezzed in, you'd go right back to being rampage), but it was only a few mobs (I want to say Tallon Zek in Plane of Time was like that). How did that work (and what happened to single target rampage anyway?)?
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Ah so it does end up effectively resetting the hate list after it takes effect.

Well that settles that. Unfortunately with that implementation it isn't really something guilds can risk using on a final expansion raid boss. You don't want a raid boss randomly turning and eating your DPS after each "Stun" ends. I know this is long past the expansion at this point but if you just removed the "Stun" component maybe it would see some value for the slow effectiveness increase and the damage component. But I do know this would be ultra low priority and you've got plenty of other things you're working on.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This was because Rampage lists would remember voids. Basically if the Rampage list is:

Puller A (Ramp)
    Tank A
    Cleric A
    Cleric B

Then the Puller A dies, the Rampage skips over the tank (because primary target) and lands on Cleric A. The list now looks like:

(Void)
    Tank A,
    Cleric A (Ramp)
    Cleric B

You would often resurrect the Puller and they would get on the aggro list and fill into that (Void) position, reclaiming Rampage and making it seem like the list persisted through deaths. When in actuality you just reaggroed before any new entity added to the list. Particularly this happened mid fight after everyone was already set in the list.

I believe they reworked how Rampage lists work now on Live servers though. This is how it used to work in the old days per my understanding.
  19. -wycca Augur

Shrug, seems easy enough to turn attack off and re-establish agro.
  20. Gana Augur

I find this part very intriguing. Does this mean you are looking into modifying how this works? Or just based on how it works currently, you are hypothesizing that it could be handled better, but nothing has been looked into?