Agarr down... again...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skagrif, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Skagrif New Member

weekly...
  2. Raidur New Member

How long is the usual downtime?
  3. Skagrif New Member

every time it's crashed recently it's been an hour or less to be back up... but it always also includes a 30-45min rollback
  4. Raidur New Member

Rollback?
  5. Sowper Mang New Member

15-30minutes for the server to reboot.

Sadly, DBG never says why this keeps happening or how they're trying to fix it.
  6. MasterMooCow New Member

I noticed that I lost all communication with group, tells, and chat channels. Pretty sure my whole group is dead in Guk now.
    Raidur likes this.
  7. Vanishin Lorekeeper

Well, I noticed that my bazaar trader stayed up for a while until they locked the server, but when I tried zoning I crashed and it said Agnarr was down. It's the exact same problem we keep seeing, but no clue what's going on. Internet outage with their ISP? What is it? Bad hardware?
  8. Thul Journeyman

Happened around this time the other day ... feed the hamsters!!
  9. Sowper Mang New Member

Yep, what's crazy about the crash is you can still do some things (like kill mobs and get loot) for a time when the server is crashing, even though server communication is down. A server crash happened on us in kunark and completely hosed a ragefire kill in Skyfire. Had to then wait a week for GMs to reimburse items.
  10. Troutfest Augur

Has whatever plagued AB moved to Agnarr? Seems like we go down weekly now and AB not so much. Allocated resources a bit differently perhaps? Its annoying losing a lockout when this happens.
  11. Fluid Augur

It's a shame. :( I was having a rocking good time with some tough kills. Got several skill ups and was in process of 'origin' to sell overload loot. I really enjoy the first pass of adventuring but the second pass is redundant and tedious. When you just barely survived a tough fight that took you down to 15% health the chance of tithing 10% of a level to the crash monster for the same fight seems unfair.
  12. Raidur New Member

Do they rewind time from when the server crashed?
  13. Waldor New Member

is the server up yet
  14. AnonFrog01 Journeyman

DBG. Bout time you gave the Agnarr server community some kick backs for the weekly roll backs, lost time and lost items huh? Losing 30 or more minutes of progress is getting old. Fix it or give us something to compensate our weekly losses from your unreliable server.
  15. Skagrif New Member

back up with rollback. not sure how long
  16. jack of all trades Elder

Roughly a 30 minute rollback today.

This is getting old. Lost experience, lost key pieces, wasted instances.. Is it that hard to keep the server up? Tell the janitors to stop unplugging the server when they vacuum.
  17. Fluid Augur

Bad case scenario made worse by creeping senility. :) So I get back in game, lost all my skill ups. Restart is back before tough fight so 'do it again. I pull with Maelstrom and look to click pet attack as I retreat. What's this? Pet icon is not up! I pull up pet icon and no pet! I had forgotten when we have one of these resets you lose your pet and i just got a big baddie mad at me! I strafe across the zone hoping to get some distance between me and the MOB, right into a pack of unfriendly MOBs. I manage to get a gate off but I am bound in the same zone. I origin in a nick of time before half the zone can reach my character.

This is particularly onerous for me just because of my game play. I don't think there are many in game that spend more time equipping their pets then i do. It's a little less of a problem now that Magicians have a lot of pet toys they can summon but I had just spent several hours in zones like Split Paw et al getting armor drops and other paraphernalia for this particular pet. I even put items in their range slots if they have some kind of bonus. Oh well, off to the races and into the breech.
  18. Vanrau Augur

I believe the servers save data every thirty minutes. If you zone or camp, it saves your data as well so when a server crash happens, it goes back to your last save point. If there is no save point in 30 minutes for your character, it picks from the last image of the server.
  19. jack of all trades Elder

We found that out the hard way Saturday when we lost 2 ME shards from the rollback. From that point on, we had everyone zone as soon as they won a shard just to force the save. Tad ridiculous, but better safe than sorry. Sadly, there isn't anything we can do to save instances that are wasted because of the server dropping mid-raid.